Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Wonderful! I'm jealous not having a daughter/daughters to share the outdoors with.
My youngest son took his first bear up here one evening a few years ago. I knew he wasn't well but he wouldn't say. Took the shot and 15 seconds later was out cold. Mono.
We roll our eyes sometimes at how much we do for our kids, not always realizing what they do to be with us.
You and your young ladies have my envy Sock..

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, guys.

I dig your perspective, Osky, thanks for that.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Awesome!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very cool, congrats to the two young ladies!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Osky
Wonderful! I'm jealous not having a daughter/daughters to share the outdoors with.
My youngest son took his first bear up here one evening a few years ago. I knew he wasn't well but he wouldn't say. Took the shot and 15 seconds later was out cold. Mono.
We roll our eyes sometimes at how much we do for our kids, not always realizing what they do to be with us.

Osky

Same here. I tried to get my 2 boys into camping and hunting but failed. They never did like it. Then they discovered those killers of all things outdoors - soccer and daily hot showers.

I'm 71 and have a lot of knowledge I'd like to pass on. The last couple of years I've got involved with our church's Trail Life troop trying to teach 11 to 15 year old a few things I've learned before I'm to old to get out myself.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Osky

Same here. I tried to get my 2 boys into camping and hunting but failed. They never did like it. Then they discovered those killers of all things outdoors - soccer and daily hot showers.

I'm 71 and have a lot of knowledge I'd like to pass on. The last couple of years I've got involved with our church's Trail Life troop trying to teach 11 to 15 year old a few things I've learned before I'm to old to get out myself.

You know you're always welcome to come south a state or 2 and go with us.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Osky

Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Osky

Sock I’ve been a guide most of my life and one of the groups I handle in northern Canada fly ins is a group of great older guys. Three years ago one brought his granddaughter. Typically bored but polite 13 year old. I got her involved in everything to get her mind busy, taught her to handle a rod, fish, and run her own boat. She has boated 48” pike, countless trophy walleye, and last summer a 44lb lake trout. She is everywhere helping everyone in camp these days on top of becoming a very good guide. Getting to be a good cook as well.
She will be 16 this summer and I sure look forward to seeing her in her boat. If you message me your email I’d enjoy sending you her picture with the trout. Couldn’t be more proud if she were
My own.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Awesome. My daughter is 12 and took her antelope hunting this fall it was a blast! I have more fun taking the kids then I do myself anymore!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JerradPelzer
Awesome. My daughter is 12 and took her antelope hunting this fall it was a blast! I have more fun taking the kids then I do myself anymore!

Yes sir, I feel the same way.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Awesome, love seeing youngsters hunting.

NRA Patron
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Most excellent post and achievement. Wish there was more of the same being shown here.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A hearty congratulations to beautiful young ladies and their father/grandfather. Great work with the muzzleloaders and great groceries for the freezer.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, gentlemen.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (338reddog, 2500HD, 3333vl, 808outdoors, 4th_point, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,246 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,123
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.