Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
A couple of days ago, I went out on a limb and said that impeachment would either never come to a vote, or would be voted down, because the last thing the Dems want is a Senate trial, with the Repubs calling witnesses and asking questions. Now, an interesting "straw in the wind":

The House Majority Whip is Jim Clayton. His job is persuasion and arm twisting to get the votes that the Speaker of the House needs. Rep Clayton has publicly said that he is NOT trying to round up impeachment votes, and that members should vote their conscience.

In other words, either 1) Nancy has all the votes she needs to impeach (unlikely), or 2) Nancy knows that it is all just for show, and she can't get the votes she needs to impeach.

We have an interesting few weeks ahead.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe his name is James Clyburn.

He is one of the few Demonrats who understands that impeachment is a loser.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The House will vote for impeachment.........book it.

However, I hope I'm wrong.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My gut felling is that Pelosi has the votes she needs to send this to the Senate. Justin Amash said he will for for 3 articles.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/poli...es-three-articles-impeachment-ip-vpx.cnn

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Squidge
My gut felling is that Pelosi has the votes she needs to send this to the Senate. Justin Amash said he will for for 3 articles.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/poli...es-three-articles-impeachment-ip-vpx.cnn

Of course he is going to vote yes. Trump put a hurting on his business with Chinese tariffs.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by denton
A couple of days ago, I went out on a limb and said that impeachment would either never come to a vote, or would be voted down, because the last thing the Dems want is a Senate trial, with the Repubs calling witnesses and asking questions. Now, an interesting "straw in the wind":

The House Majority Whip is Jim Clayton. His job is persuasion and arm twisting to get the votes that the Speaker of the House needs. Rep Clayton has publicly said that he is NOT trying to round up impeachment votes, and that members should vote their conscience.

In other words, either 1) Nancy has all the votes she needs to impeach (unlikely), or 2) Nancy knows that it is all just for show, and she can't get the votes she needs to impeach.

That's quite a limb you climbed out on there..

Seems like you have all you bases covered.

Either she has the votes or she doesn't. Pretty safe bet I would say.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/08/19.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Obviously, this is just speculation on my part: I think that maybe the reason the Dems are seemingly desperate to push this blatantly false impeachment case is to deflect or cover up serious evidence of DemonRat corruption facts about to be revealed. That is the only thing I can come up with as to why they are doing this. The "evidence" the "witnesses" have produced so far is beyond stupid to anyone with any sense of honest reason. I don't care if they like Trump or not, but the sky is blue and water is wet. It is what it is and just because they don't like him does not change the facts.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There's another interperetation of his remarks, and that is, some democrats will be in close races for re-election and their leadership knows that a vote to impeach could turn the tide against them.

The last thing they want is to lose control of the house.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just my opinion but the Democrats probably believe they had the votes to impeach before they started. Simply put the impeachment vote is just DNC strategy at work. They despise DJT and will do whatever they can to discredit him.

Say the congress votes to impeach. Then the Republican lead senate votes no. The Democrats are creating their entire subject matter for the next election nationwide during which they will try to win the house the senate and the executive branch for the first time since 70's when this all started.

The Republicans need to make it about corruption but they probably wont because they are just as corrupt as the Democrats.

DJT has brought something to light that will not go away anytime soon in the fact that Joe Biden used his political influence to get his son fat jobs on committee or boards. The question is how many sons or daughter or political hacks of senators and congresspersons or presidents have done the same thing.

We could go on and on about this BS for ever the Democrats believe they have the demographics in their favor more of us old codgers pass away they're just in a wait and see game.

Good luck and shoot straight y,all

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe the dems thought they had the votes going into this sham, but the sham just keeps getting more shammy. Now the moderate democrats are saying Sham-Wow, this is going to lose us the house! They don’t know weather to chit or wind their watch.

IC B3

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Clyburn

You are right. Brain malfunction here.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Trump will be impeached on an extremely close vote, which will still protect House Demokraps in close districts. They'll wrench the vote to impeach by 1 or 2 votes to save face and prove to the base that they're "pure".

I'm sure the Senate won't convict.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
If the dems were smart, they'd vote to censure the President. Basically says you were naughty Mr. President and don't do it again. Big deal.

If the dems do vote for impeachment it'll go down in flames in the Senate and President Trump will take yet another victory lap and cruise to an easy 2020 victory.

Dems need to stop listening to extremists, but they don't seem to be able to so far. A real House speaker might help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by walt501
If the dems were smart, they'd vote to censure the President. Basically says you were naughty Mr. President and don't do it again. Big deal.

If the dems do vote for impeachment it'll go down in flames in the Senate and President Trump will take yet another victory lap and cruise to an easy 2020 victory.

Dems need to stop listening to extremists, but they don't seem to be able to so far. A real House speaker might help.

I agree with all that, except the Demokraps ARE extremists. They used to have some common sense and honor, but they're just communist activists anymore. They're lead around by the nose by Ashkenazi Bolsheviks, and they don't have a clue they are.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I think Trump will be impeached on an extremely close vote, which will still protect House Demokraps in close districts. They'll wrench the vote to impeach by 1 or 2 votes to save face and prove to the base that they're "pure".

I'm sure the Senate won't convict.

If that is the case, then the Republicans can say that the opposition to impeachment is more bipartisan than those those voting to support impeachment. If it gets to the Senate, drag it out for a couple of months. That will put the hurt on Booker, Warren and Sanders.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I hope you are right, and the Senate allows all the evidence the Dems supressed to be examined.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

I hope you are right, and the Senate allows all the evidence the Dems supressed to be examined.

That’s why I’m leaning towards censure. I just don’t see the Democrats opening themselves up to a historic clown show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

That’s why I’m leaning towards censure. I just don’t see the Democrats opening themselves up to a historic clown show.

The GOP might sideswipe them and vote to impeach enough to bring it to the Senate. They need to shout out that they did so to bring out all the HIDDEN evidence the Dems suppressed and fear. Exposure is going to sink the jackasses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Obviously, this is just speculation on my part: I think that maybe the reason the Dems are seemingly desperate to push this blatantly false impeachment case is to deflect or cover up serious evidence of DemonRat corruption facts about to be revealed. That is the only thing I can come up with as to why they are doing this. The "evidence" the "witnesses" have produced so far is beyond stupid to anyone with any sense of honest reason. I don't care if they like Trump or not, but the sky is blue and water is wet. It is what it is and just because they don't like him does not change the facts.

Originally Posted by Toddly
I believe the dems thought they had the votes going into this sham, but the sham just keeps getting more shammy. Now the moderate democrats are saying Sham-Wow, this is going to lose us the house! They don’t know weather to chit or wind their watch.

I think both these things are correct. Foreign aid is the mechanism politicians use to leave politics wealthy. Biden and Clinton have perfected this process and Trump has the evidence to prove it. Democrats and Republicans have a lot to loose if Trump decides to use this evidence in a real investigation intended to reveal the facts and prosecute the quilty parties. Almost all politicians are quilty. I hope he is re-elected and destroys all those who are corrupt. Doubt it will happen.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by denton

That's quite a limb you climbed out on there..

Seems like you have all you bases covered.

Either she has the votes or she doesn't. Pretty safe bet I would say.

You missed the very first sentence.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 816 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.