joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will never make it to a vote.......but if I were king, all those Republican voters who either did not vote, or refused to vote for Bevin and instead voted for Beshear, would lose their rights to own a gun because of their contributing to the election of a Democrat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth countrymen will let you down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth country men will let you down.

Can I use my post hole digger that mounts to my tractor? Or do I have to dig them by hand.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
It will never make it to a vote.......but if I were king, all those Republican voters who either did not vote, or refused to vote for Bevin and instead voted for Beshear, would lose their rights to own a gun because of their contributing to the election of a Democrat.

Deny them the right to have armed bodyguards, too.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Better start digging holes james. You commonwealth country men will let you down.

Can I use my post hole digger that mounts to my tractor? Or do I have to dig them by hand.

by hand....it will piss you off more......bob

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Beshear talked the talk that teachers, state employees and Medicaid recipients wanted to hear and got himself elected.

Now it's time for him to try to figure out how to walk the walk:

Bevin administration says Kentucky faces $1.1 billion budget shortfall over next two years

Gov.-elect Andy Beshear could inherit an estimated $1.1 billion budget shortfall over the next two fiscal years, according to a memo from Gov. Matt Bevin's budget director.

The Monday memo from John Chilton comes as Beshear, a Democrat, faces a tight deadline for drafting his proposed two-year budget to present to the General Assembly, which is controlled by Republicans. Beshear must submit his proposal by late January for a budget that runs from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022....

...Sen. Chris McDaniel, R-Taylor Mill, the chairman of the Senate budget committee, said that legislators expected to face considerably increased costs over this period involving pensions and Medicaid expansion, but that this total surprised him.

"We knew that there was going to be a hole of some ilk," McDaniel said. "This number is a lot bigger than anything that we anticipated, though."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Beshear talked the talk that teachers, state employees and Medicaid recipients wanted to hear and got himself elected.

Now it's time for him to try to figure out how to walk the walk:

Bevin administration says Kentucky faces $1.1 billion budget shortfall over next two years

Gov.-elect Andy Beshear could inherit an estimated $1.1 billion budget shortfall over the next two fiscal years, according to a memo from Gov. Matt Bevin's budget director.

The Monday memo from John Chilton comes as Beshear, a Democrat, faces a tight deadline for drafting his proposed two-year budget to present to the General Assembly, which is controlled by Republicans. Beshear must submit his proposal by late January for a budget that runs from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022....

...Sen. Chris McDaniel, R-Taylor Mill, the chairman of the Senate budget committee, said that legislators expected to face considerably increased costs over this period involving pensions and Medicaid expansion, but that this total surprised him.

"We knew that there was going to be a hole of some ilk," McDaniel said. "This number is a lot bigger than anything that we anticipated, though."

I remember way back to the 1967 gubernatorial election in Kentucky, the Republican Lying Louie Nunn got himself elected on the no new taxes platform, then as soon as he got in office................well, folks, things were worse than I realized, we're going to have to raise taxes after all. A 5 cent sales tax, Nunn's Nickel it was known as. Cost him re-election too.

It irritates the snot out of me when voters seek to "punish" a particular candidate or party, by either not voting at all or voting for the opposition, as all the idiots accomplish is to hurt the people. There were many Republican voters couldn't stand to vote for McCain or Romney, and because they didn't vote, it gave us Obama. Heck, I didn't like those two either, but I liked Obama even less, so I voted for them.

Even though I'm a Republican, and liked most of what Bevin was doing, I found myself not caring for him personally, but the thought of either not voting at all, or voting for Beshear, never entered into my mind. Kentucky's voter are going to reap what they sowed in November, although I'm guessing Beshear won't get much of his agenda passed.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It sounds bad. But Donahue is a Dem from Jefferson County (Louisville), The General Assembly is made up of Republicans.

It's just grandstanding.

As for the budget deficit,...people are going to be paying higher taxes and teachers are going to have bigger classes.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Assault weapons ban, Hi Cap magazine ban, and assault weapons buy back program... Grrr....

The Link...

As stated above, it may never get out of committee. However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Border states are dangerous territory.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Border states are dangerous territory.

Always have been

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More Californians moving to Tennessee?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff

This thread is about Kentucky.

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That said, I'm sure many are leaving in droves, hopefully because they are tired of giving their money to the enemy.

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The representative who wrote up that bill is from a small, fairly well to do community in Louisville. He has about 7500 constituents.

I'm no fan of Beshear. But even *he* is a Blue Dog Democrat. He knows that gun control won't fly in Kentucky.

A representative with 7500 constituents in one of the most liberal communities in the state can get away with writing a gun control bill that he knows will be dead on arrival. But he knows that it will be treated like a piece of toilet paper when it's dealt with in Frankfort.

Kentucky is a long, long way from passing an assault weapons bill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The representative who wrote up that bill is from a small, fairly well to do community in Louisville. He has about 7500 constituents.

I'm no fan of Beshear. But even *he* is a Blue Dog Democrat. He knows that gun control won't fly in Kentucky.

A representative with 7500 constituents in one of the most liberal communities in the state can get away with writing a gun control bill that he knows will be dead on arrival. But he knows that it will be treated like a piece of toilet paper when it's dealt with in Frankfort.

Kentucky is a long, long way from passing an assault weapons bill.

The Beshear family is from the next county over, and the new governor's old man was pretty liberal for a "blue dog." I believe Steve is even more of a lib than his daddy, but he's not going to get much done with the GOP owning the House and Senate. No ban will be passed, I'm sure of that, but I'm also sure that he's going to try and get some other liberal chit passed.

It still pizzes me off that Bevin had to screw around and loss the election. There was no cause for it, not after Trump swept it like he did.

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

I doubt that's the case. As a matter of fact, Yankees are moving here in droves, looking to escape the chit states they live in.

Exactly! Been going on for a long time, too.

Folks that lived in liberal coastal states and big cities for decades sell their average homes for big bucks and move to middle America states were they can buy three times the house and property they had there for a third of the money theirs sold for, lower taxes, substantially cheaper cost of living, and easier going lifestyle overall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000

However, frustrating that Beshear is not even in office yet, and the B.S. has already started...

Just be glad you don't live in VA.

MM

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This reminds of when a glock 21 preban mag would bring $100-150 .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.