“Factio democratica delenda est"
BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I concur!

X3... all of mine get red pads these days. SAKO, those are sharp, well made rifles.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
I had one as well, but it stunk for accuracy. Ended up making it a 375 Improved.

Still, I got the rechambered rifle in the first place for a skosh more than BSA paid for his.

Those deals are out there, but you have to be patient and check a lot of gunshops. Every once in a while they will turn up and you just have to be quick on the wallet. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I’ve looked at those a few times myself. I’d imagine he isn’t putting out any junk. Price isn’t bad either.

Semper Fi
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm thinking about giving him a call asking him if we could use a H&H action, PT&G LW oberndorff bottom metal and perhaps I could supply a McMillan Bridges.

Brown with red pad.

What's not to like?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They appear to be nice rifles.

Your plan sounds like a winner to me, sir.
Keep us posted on what you find out and thoughts of the conversation that you have, please.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm thinking about giving him a call asking him if we could use a H&H action, PT&G LW oberndorff bottom metal and perhaps I could supply a McMillan Bridges.

Brown with red pad.

What's not to like?

That would be cool, to see what Justin will do for you. I havent seen him posting here lately. Probably because hes been pretty busy. I think your build sounds great, as long as the ergos of the bridges fits you. Ive heard the grip is a little cramped.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Brown with red pad.

What's not to like?

I cannot see a darned thing not to like about that. I see they use a 1” shank on their pattern. .625 at the muzzle. Should be about darned right.

We’re you able to secure a Bridges McMillan?

Semper Fi
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I haven't called J Earl but I have a new telephone number from a member here.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sent Justin an e-mail, we shall see.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't know probably could use that 3grand on something else.. but fella does build some nice rifles..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I haven't called J Earl but I have a new telephone number from a member here.

I’ll be watching. Plan on calling tomorrow myself.

Also interested in what Justin says.

Semper Fi
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just received an e-mail from Justin.

I like that he answers his email on a Sunday!

He says the rifle is doable at under 8 pounds, questions the H&H action;

Quote;

Let’s talk about the H&H (Group VII) action.  Is there a reason you prefer this over the shorter Group VI action used on all the Win Mag cartridges?  The Group VII action suffers from some compromises to accommodate the length of the H&H cartridges which the shorter Group VI action does not have do deal with.  Also, we may have trouble with consistent feeding the shorter .300 Win Mag cartridge from the Group VII action.  Unless there is a compelling reason to go with the Group VII / H&H action, I definitely recommend the shorter Group VI action.

Thoughts?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’d be indifferent to either action as long as it had a 3.6” mag box on it for the 300 myself.

If I was building a 300 Winchester I’d love a 200 grain Accubond to touch the lands at around 3.575” knowing I’d be backing up a bit for accuracy and still leaving a lot of room in the case for powder.

Either way, I’d want my preferred bullet I wanted to use to be within reach of magazine loaded rounds myself.

Which bullet do you have in mind for the 300?

Semper Fi
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll let the rifle choose between the 180 Paritition, 200 Partition, or the 200 Accubond.

From my understanding of previous posts the H&H action will make a lighter rifle, no?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Quote;

Let’s talk about the H&H (Group VII) action.  Is there a reason you prefer this over the shorter Group VI action used on all the Win Mag cartridges?  The Group VII action suffers from some compromises to accommodate the length of the H&H cartridges which the shorter Group VI action does not have do deal with.  Also, we may have trouble with consistent feeding the shorter .300 Win Mag cartridge from the Group VII action.  Unless there is a compelling reason to go with the Group VII / H&H action, I definitely recommend the shorter Group VI action.

Thoughts?

I say bull f****** s***. I'm a little surprised at his response. Seems like a newbie f****** response to me.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'll let the rifle choose between the 180 Paritition, 200 Partition, or the 200 Accubond.

From my understanding of previous posts the H&H action will make a lighter rifle, no?

Yes and it will feed and function just fine. I don't know what the [bleep] Justins problem was

BSA MAGA
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Quote;

Thoughts?

I say bull f****** s***. I'm a little surprised at his response. Seems like a newbie f****** response to me.

Why?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.