Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I hope her insurance covers her own upcoming funeral:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/08/wildl...d-by-own-tigers-at-california-sanctuary/

A California wildlife conservationist was attacked by several of her own tigers in a terrifying episode at an animal sanctuary, according to reports.

Patty Perry, who is the founder of Wildlife Environmental Conservation, was injured Saturday when at least two of the tigers pounced on her in a cage at the Moorpark compound, news station KABC reported.

“They began to play with her and the Bengal took both paws and wrapped them around her legs, the conservation’s attorney, Michael Bradbury, told the news outlet. “She fell on the ground and another tiger jumped on her and began to pull on her before they got her out and she got some lacerations.”

Perry told others that she doesn’t believe that the tigers intended to harm her, KABC reported.

“A lot of people I’m sure that saw it were horrified thinking the worst. She said it was obvious they were playing with her because they do love her. She raised them from babies,” Bradbury said.

Perry was brought with lacerations to her head and shoulder to Los Robles Health System in Thousand Oaks, the Ventura County Star reported.

Bradbury said the founder is heartbroken over the episode and plans to return to the tigers when she’s released from the hospital.

“She hopes to get back to it soon,” Bradbury told the newspaper.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a "wildlife conservationist", just an idiot who gets a charge out of keeping wild animals in captivity. eek

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Not a "wildlife conservationist", just an idiot who gets a charge out of keeping wild animals in captivity. eek

These people are complete idiots where animals are concerned. They are convinced the animals think the same as humans, and they end up paying a price. I hope she didn't breed. We need to get them out of the gene pool.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Seems that a lot of women think they have a special connection to powerful dangerous animals - one of these days someone is going to get hurt .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
She lucky she wasn’t killed!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
risk of serious infection with those type of injuries. stupid woman is lucky to be alive.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Stupid can hurt..

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
She said it was obvious they were playing with her because they do love her

Yeppers, playing.

and house cats play with mice and birds because they do love them too, right?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mess with the bull and one eventually ...

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Mess with the bull and one eventually ...

Eventually the millions of years of being a wild killer thumping the back of it's skull 24/7 will kick in.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they were sick of her silly ass schit.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I blame Disney...They teach everyone that animals think and act human...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In fairness to the woman I doubt that the tigers intended to kill her when it started, in fact since they ain’t pack animals it’s a bit of a mystery how even house cats regard humans. Once she was down and bleeding tho who knows what that could have led to? If our pet house cats weighed 500+lbs we wouldn’t be safe either.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
“She fell on the ground and another tiger jumped on her and began to pull on her before they got her out and she got some lacerations.”

Perry told others that she doesn’t believe that the tigers intended to harm her, KABC reported.
Of course they didn't. How many times have I watched a cat handle a mouse that way?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe Darwin will win next time.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
She'll end up Tiger scat before it's over.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Let's see, I think this may be dejavue all over again.

They say somehow Roy fell beneath the tiger, which of course tried to take him to a hospital. Problem was it just instinctively picked him up by the head. Yeah, right.

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/siegfried-roy-tiger-confused-onstage-roy-horn-falls-65916318

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did lots of construction work at this particular facility.
Lady is well meaning but batship crazy about dangerous animals.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by mudhen

These people are complete idiots where animals are concerned. They are convinced the animals think the same as humans, and they end up paying a price. I hope she didn't breed. We need to get them out of the gene pool.

Yup, what I’d call a ‘Preservationist’. Someone who believes the most important thing is to keep animals from dying, not understanding that there are more important fundamentals to conservation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Preemptive strike

Zanesville Massacre Link

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.