Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by robertham1
Your testing platform needs more C-clamps

I’ll send him some when I get them back. They are currently in Utah (and they may need to head to Cali for their silver screen debut first) but we’ll make it happen.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by robertham1
Your testing platform needs more C-clamps

I’ll send him some when I get them back. They are currently in Utah (and they may need to head to Cali for their silver screen debut first) but we’ll make it happen.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Got any pink ones wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I think someone needs a girlfriend.

You should try "eharmony"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One...............[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Two...........[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Three.........[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not a bad place to be............21" Fieldcraft 243

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Originally Posted by JGRaider
While I appreciate the virtues of the SWFA's, and all the man-love going on around here for them, in my side by side comparisons the LRHS runs circles around the SWFA in every conceivable way (except for $$$ and weight), although I do prefer the MQ reticle. I'd spend the extra $$$ for the LRTS Doug has on sale every time.

It's nice to have options and I'm looking forward to comparing the 3 LRTS 3-12 models I have more directly with the SWFA HD 3-9.

Are you talking specifically about the 3-12 LRTS to the 3-9 HD SWFA? If so, how old is your SWFA?

You were one who sung praises about the Tract Toric, while I thought it was rubbish..............

Several people told me the Tract Toric, even the mid grade Tekoa was "better" in all regards to a Meopta Meopro................no way in Hell.......not to my eyes.

Doesn't matter, but it's evident some of us clearly have very different eyeballs and preferences.

It also helps to put them on a scope comparing tripod..............or a playground pole with a "c-clamp" down in Utah wink

You can't just look at one and then the other, even minutes apart. That's why the eye doctor flips through lenses back and forth quickly, asking "which one is better, 1 or 2?"

Eyes play tricks and our memories won't allow us to "compare" optics truly, unless we are cycling back and forth between scopes as quickly as possible.

And, I may very well agree the LRTS is better optically, though at this point I'm not convinced. But, "run circles around" is rubbish.............

I always compare glass via tripods when comparing binos, which is what I "sung the praises of".....8x42 binoculars, and they're superb. Only Mr Magoo would agree and call the Toric binos "rubbish".

When using the term "runs circles around" I also refer to the zero stop, low profile turrets, superior glass. My comparisons were done with scopes mounted on rifles about a year and a half ago. As soon as I discovered the LRHS (thanks Clint), the SWFA 3-9's were history. Nothing wrong with them, just my preference.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While I appreciate the virtues of the SWFA's, and all the man-love going on around here for them, in my side by side comparisons the LRHS runs circles around the SWFA in every conceivable way (except for $$$ and weight), although I do prefer the MQ reticle. I'd spend the extra $$$ for the LRTS Doug has on sale every time.

It's nice to have options and I'm looking forward to comparing the 3 LRTS 3-12 models I have more directly with the SWFA HD 3-9.

Are you talking specifically about the 3-12 LRTS to the 3-9 HD SWFA? If so, how old is your SWFA?

You were one who sung praises about the Tract Toric, while I thought it was rubbish..............

Several people told me the Tract Toric, even the mid grade Tekoa was "better" in all regards to a Meopta Meopro................no way in Hell.......not to my eyes.

Doesn't matter, but it's evident some of us clearly have very different eyeballs and preferences.

It also helps to put them on a scope comparing tripod..............or a playground pole with a "c-clamp" down in Utah wink

You can't just look at one and then the other, even minutes apart. That's why the eye doctor flips through lenses back and forth quickly, asking "which one is better, 1 or 2?"

Eyes play tricks and our memories won't allow us to "compare" optics truly, unless we are cycling back and forth between scopes as quickly as possible.

And, I may very well agree the LRTS is better optically, though at this point I'm not convinced. But, "run circles around" is rubbish.............

I always compare glass via tripods when comparing binos, which is what I "sung the praises of".....8x42 binoculars, and they're superb. Only Mr Magoo would agree and call the Toric binos "rubbish".

When using the term "runs circles around" I also refer to the zero stop, low profile turrets, superior glass. My comparisons were done with scopes mounted on rifles about a year and a half ago. As soon as I discovered the LRHS (thanks Clint), the SWFA 3-9's were history. Nothing wrong with them, just my preference.

Good for you. It's nice to find what we prefer. I've never called Toric Binos "Rubbish" in fact I have a pair of 10x42 Toric Black Friday specials arriving tomorrow.
I hope they are not like looking through a Tunnel, like the Toric 2-10x42 riflescope is..........I take it you've never seen a 2-10x42 Toric, or you'd have to agree the field of view and tunneling sucks!!

As far as scopes go, the LRTS is nice, but for me the SWFA 3-9 HD is 8 ounces lighter, has a better reticle, I could care less about a zero stop as 5 Mils per rev is more than enough elevation for a hunting 243, so I'm not bound to "get lost" in the turret......

And the "glass" in my HD SWFA is the superior one, evident in my cell pics to anyone with 20/20 vision. I have no skin in the game here, just facts. I'd like my $650 Bushy to "best" the $449 SWFA, but it doesn't. Field of View is WAY, WAY better in the SWFA as well.

But, who cares. Rock on!!

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/08/19.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Raider..........which model rifle scope were you referring to here?

The 2-10x42 or 3-15?

Here's your quote from the Toric Riflescope Opinions thread..............

"I've had a Toric UHD for two years now and it is excellent optically, holds zero, and tracks true. Lots to like about it IMO. My experience is a complete opposite of screamer above."

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, my first SWFA 3-9x42 HD showed up yesterday. You bunch of enablers....

After mounting it and goofing around with some other scopes / rifles for 24hrs or so, I just clicked the button to backorder a second before the sale ends.

My holiday cash has taken a big hit this year.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, my first SWFA 3-9x42 HD showed up yesterday. You bunch of enablers....

After mounting it and goofing around with some other scopes / rifles for 24hrs or so, I just clicked the button to backorder a second before the sale ends.

My holiday cash has taken a big hit this year.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Aren’t they a bunch of enabler, geez

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The 2-10x42 or 3-15?

"I've had a Toric UHD for two years now and it is excellent optically, holds zero, and tracks true. Lots to like about it IMO. My experience is a complete opposite of screamer above."

3-15. You were the lone dissenter in that Toric scope thread IIRC.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

The 2-10x42 or 3-15?

3-15. You were the lone dissenter in that Toric scope thread IIRC.

Cool. I figured it must have been that model. The field of view must be much better in that one than the 2-10x. Or, maybe I just hate a big black ring around my scope image. In my opinion, the Bushnell LRTS is a bit "tunnel" vision as well. You can see it in the pictures I took compared to the SWFA 3-9x.

A lot of guys like Nikon glass too, I'm not saying the glass was horrid in the Tract, but the 2-10x42 Toric I had was pathetic for tunnel view on all powers.......much like the old Nikon Monarchs from the early 2000's. Glass quality was clear/bright, just the overall picture through the scope in my opinion was like looking through a paper towel roll.

Glass is fine in both, i just prefer the overall image in the SWFA and I'm happy that your happy with the LRTS/LRHS. They are great scopes as well.

And, yep, most guys in that thread praised the Toric............they evidently haven't had the 2-10x42 on a tripod side by side with other scopes. Or, they don't care about tunneling or black rings around what they are viewing. A Meopro 4.5-14x44 was WAY nicer than the Toric in overall image quality............meaning field of view, depth of view, contrast. The Toric scopes have danged fine brightness and resolution, but the image was "flat" and tunneling horrific. I had 3 people agree with me who were looking with me. Amazing what you'll find when you start comparing rifle scopes on a tripod (much like you compare binos).

Have a great evening J...........

By the way, your praises of the Toric Binos are one of the reasons I decided to try them out. I'm looking forward to getting them tomorrow.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Same to you screamin......I am seriously glad you like that 3-9, and honestly I could happily hunt that scope. It is a great package for the $$$ and a steal at that Black Friday price. I'll be anxious to hear what you think about those Toric binos. I've never seen the 10x version.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
By the way, your praises of the Toric Binos are one of the reasons I decided to try them out. I'm looking forward to getting them tomorrow.

He sucks that way. I've got some coming because of him, too....grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Same to you screamin......I am seriously glad you like that 3-9, and honestly I could happily hunt that scope. It is a great package for the $$$ and a steal at that Black Friday price. I'll be anxious to hear what you think about those Toric binos. I've never seen the 10x version.

Thanks J......

I'll be sure to comment on them. I'm sure I'll love them. Binos are way different than riflescopes as you know, I'm looking forward to getting them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22

He sucks that way. I've got some coming because of him, too....grin

This place is hectic on a guys wallet eh?

Very cool, I hope we both are blown away by the Toric Binos, I've heard nothing but GOOD!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
uh oh...... For some reason I don't think you'll like them because of the field of view. Me on the other hand, don't mind it a bit narrower than some others. But I've spent years using 9x25 leup compacts

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m having a hell of a time trying to decide on a decent tactical variable with somewhat high magnification capability for benchrest rimfire out to 200yds.

I’d like to stay under $450 if possible. Looking at Vortex Vipers 4-16 and 6.5-20 (Icannget them pretty heavily discounted) but the SWFA’s in that range can be had for about the same price, and now I’m reading good things about the Meopta’s as well. So many choices, Whats a poor boy to do?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, this thread happens to be about SWFA's....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
uh oh...... For some reason I don't think you'll like them because of the field of view. Me on the other hand, don't mind it a bit narrower than some others. But I've spent years using 9x25 leup compacts

We shall see. They have a no hassle 30 day return, so no loss either way.

And a bit narrow field of view in binos won't bug me, long as they don't have a 1/2" Black ring surrounding the view.........

Is it morning yet??

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 75 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.