Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I especially like where the folks want to Legalize it but tax it as well.

Like we need more bureaucracy and more taxes..........

Maybe we could build another wing on the Dept of Homeland Security!

I am MAGA.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I get what you're saying, and I agree. But I think you framed the question wrong, here's how I'd put it: At base level, do you want to be controlled by your own free will, or the restrictions placed on you by your federal government?
And that's why the West will continue it's slide into the abyss - because stupid people will choose to be stoned and call it "freedom".

Eventually, we'll be taken over by a group that will make Mao look like a piker.

In other words, you're all for the federal government telling you what you can and cannot do. Got it. If stupid people choose to be stoned, what business is it of yours what they call it?

I don't really GAF whether people want to spend their whole life stoned or high or OD'ing on fentanyl. I just object to having my tax dollars spent to support them or repeatedly treat them in hospital so they can go out and do it again.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have two friends in Atlanta, Sam and Charlie, who crawled into a bag of marijuana in 1970, and have never crawled out. Sam has been supported by his wife since he got married in 1970. For the past 40 years, he has stayed up until 5am, smoking pot, drinking cheap beer and watching tv. Cheap beer because his wife put him on an allowance, 25 years ago. He gets $15 a day, enough to buy a pack of cigs and a twelve pack of Bush Ultra Light and Cheap. Gets up about 1 pm. Stoned, every day for 50 years.

Charlie went to Ga Tech with me in 1968, he was a smart guy, good student, and a starting football player in high school.
Charlie smoked his first joint in 1969 at Ga. Tech and I guess it got good to him. Charlie dropped out of Tech his freshman year and he didn't make it back to college. He is still living in his Mama's basement, same place he lived when we were at Ga. Tech 52 years ago. Well, it would be Mama's basement except she passed away 9 years ago. His dad is still alive. Charlie gets up at about 12 noon, and has a marijuana cigarette for breakfast.

Yes, pot has ruined both of these guys' lives. Pot is also illegal in Georgia and it was way more illegal in 1970. Possession of a few joints was a felony back then, and would be guaranteed to get you jail time.

Yet, neither one of these pot heads has ever been busted.

Four years ago, I spent 10 months building an addition onto my log cabin. I hired this local guy, Adam, age 32, he was half my age. Good worker and a good guy alwalys showed up on time. I was trying to teach Adam how to cut dovetail notches so he could learn the trade.
Adam told me that, he went to high school in the country north of Nashville, and he and his buddies skipped school twice a week, when he was 15, and smoked pot all day, and his brain got fried on the pot and he did not have what it takes to figure out the tricks of dovetail notch cutting.
That is what Adam told me.

Now, guys, this is not San Francisco or Manhattan. This is the Deep South, suburban Atlanta, and rural Tennessee, the most conservative area of our country, and these guys got all the pot they wanted and none ever got busted.
Just to save these three guys, buddies of mine, if I could wave a magic wand and make marijuana disappear, 55 years ago, I would do it.

But I can't. The War on Drugs is an abject failure. Time to call it off. Sorry if there are bad ramifications for ending the War on Pot, but, the War on Marijuana has failed completely.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I get what you're saying, and I agree. But I think you framed the question wrong, here's how I'd put it: At base level, do you want to be controlled by your own free will, or the restrictions placed on you by your federal government?
And that's why the West will continue it's slide into the abyss - because stupid people will choose to be stoned and call it "freedom".

Eventually, we'll be taken over by a group that will make Mao look like a piker.

In other words, you're all for the federal government telling you what you can and cannot do. Got it. If stupid people choose to be stoned, what business is it of yours what they call it?

I don't really GAF whether people want to spend their whole life stoned or high or OD'ing on fentanyl. I just object to having my tax dollars spent to support them or repeatedly treat them in hospital so they can go out and do it again.

Agreed, but that's a differnt problem.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, but at least as a Volunteer EMT I dont get paid anything to administer some of those tax dollars.

Its good value.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Can't disagree with that.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have two friends in Atlanta, Sam and Charlie, who crawled into a bag of marijuana in 1970, and have never crawled out. Sam has been supported by his wife since he got married in 1970. For the past 40 years, he has stayed up until 5am, smoking pot, drinking cheap beer and watching tv. Cheap beer because his wife put him on an allowance, 25 years ago. He gets $15 a day, enough to buy a pack of cigs and a twelve pack of Bush Ultra Light and Cheap. Gets up about 1 pm. Stoned, every day for 50 years.

Charlie went to Ga Tech with me in 1968, he was a smart guy, good student, and a starting football player in high school.
Charlie smoked his first joint in 1969 at Ga. Tech and I guess it got good to him. Charlie dropped out of Tech his freshman year and he didn't make it back to college. He is still living in his Mama's basement, same place he lived when we were at Ga. Tech 52 years ago. Well, it would be Mama's basement except she passed away 9 years ago. His dad is still alive. Charlie gets up at about 12 noon, and has a marijuana cigarette for breakfast.

Yes, pot has ruined both of these guys' lives. Pot is also illegal in Georgia and it was way more illegal in 1970. Possession of a few joints was a felony back then, and would be guaranteed to get you jail time.

Yet, neither one of these pot heads has ever been busted.

Four years ago, I spent 10 months building an addition onto my log cabin. I hired this local guy, Adam, age 32, he was half my age. Good worker and a good guy alwalys showed up on time. I was trying to teach Adam how to cut dovetail notches so he could learn the trade.
Adam told me that, he went to high school in the country north of Nashville, and he and his buddies skipped school twice a week, when he was 15, and smoked pot all day, and his brain got fried on the pot and he did not have what it takes to figure out the tricks of dovetail notch cutting.
That is what Adam told me.

Now, guys, this is not San Francisco or Manhattan. This is the Deep South, suburban Atlanta, and rural Tennessee, the most conservative area of our country, and these guys got all the pot they wanted and none ever got busted.
Just to save these three guys, buddies of mine, if I could wave a magic wand and make marijuana disappear, 55 years ago, I would do it.

But I can't. The War on Drugs is an abject failure. Time to call it off. Sorry if there are bad ramifications for ending the War on Pot, but, the War on Marijuana has failed completely.

Just like there are "functional alcholics", I've worked with "functional pot head".

I'd prefer to work with the "social drinker/smoker", but like you, I think the war on drugs does more damage than the drugs themselves.

Here's something the OP and I have in common. We both want to minimize negative effects on society. He just thinks the war on drugs is less of an evil than the drugs....for Marijuana, I can't agree with him.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Weed is awesome

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Would that be people like YOU?
No. I'll be one of the good people who canes drug dealers. The Mega Mao will be the one that comes after the good people for punishing the bad. He'll be like Maduro or Stalin.

This phenomena of parents standing idly by while their children go down the road to ruin is a historical aberration. People don't put up with injustice forever. But that gives the evil people a further entre. (Maybe that why so many choose to stand idle.) These evil people are also the same ones who promoted license in the first place. They are people you are already voting for, so that you can have your drugs and perversions.

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Just to lighten up the thread a bit...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Would that be people like YOU?

You don't even make sense - quit smoking thatschitt ya hippie , and don't say you don't .

No, I don't smoke anymore. Maybe 40+ years ago. If you read (and comprehended) the entire post of the person I was replying to, you'd understand. But I suppose that's too much to hope for. I'm sure Tyrone is happy to have you here "protecting" him.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Everyone here avoids an important consideration. Which is the marijuana of today, can be and often is, more potent than it was in the 60’s, considerably so, and that will probably trend upward. Which raises the question re it’s addictive potential going forward and will it be a gateway substance. The dopers will always be looking for MJ+P.

Here in Pa legalization will soon be passed. The politicians will say it has to do with individual choice, the same as alcohol and legalized gambling. Facts are with all, they care little about choice and much about milking the cash cow.

They keep raising the cigarette tax, saying it will deter cigarette usage and they are doing their part to promote a healthy lifestyle, and it works. However, they don’t want their take to go down, so they raise it again.

Like health care for all, the only reason government wants in, is for the money.

Last edited by battue; 12/09/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Everybody get high!!!!!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I got behind some of those stoned drivers. went 20 for 2 miles in the 40 before I got past. never been slowed up by a drunk though
The stuffis stronger than daddys weed, though
we have homless camps all over, i live in same town as antelope sniper but the predominate litter is booze miniatures
We have been through this before. I think using facts to change someone's mind on MJ is even harder than on gun control

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Land of the free...

Oh wait, no its not...

You and your buds can have at it just as soon as me and mine get the freedom to quit funding welfare and dimocraps healthcare.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/09/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Alcohol is worse.

Do you really think that's a reason to legalize it?

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 12/09/19.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Medical care for all has been the law of the land for years. Look up: "Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)"

It doesn't even have to be an emergency. Hospitals are told, they come to the door and say I want to see a Doc for my hemorrhoids, my runny nose, my headache. You treat, and provide follow up.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Alcohol is a food? GMAFB! laugh Its a poison that gets you high in small quantities but eventually will eat your liver and if you take it in the form of beer, fatten your ass.

You guys are missing the potential positive aspects of MJ. Smoking pot? That is so 20th century. In the future, the cool kids are going to be eating it and drinking it to get their buzz on, a buzz that comes with no toxicity, no hangover, and no calories. Additionally, people are going to use it medicinally as a pain killer and sleep aid, perhaps as an alternative to opioids. Heck, the dog and cat people are going to be feeding it to frisky and fido to help with their "separation anxiety" so their babies don't chew the house up while they are at work.

Am I interested in consuming it personally? No way! My drugs of choice are sugar and caffeine. As an investor, I wanna make money off it and see it as disruptive to the alcohol and pharma industry. It ain't gonna happen overnight but somebody is gonna make a boat load of money off it. I don't know at this point who that is going to be but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Does this make me a bad person? You make think so but many of you are enjoying skyrocketing 401K's which have Altria, INbev, and Constellation in their portfolios, not to mention drug companies who are pumping America full of opioids.

Seeing this issue as only making life easier for potheads who break the law is somewhat reminds me of me way back in the day when I saw a Commodore 64 and saw it as a toy for children to play pong on. Legal pot ain't gonna be as big as the internet, but its gonna be big enough.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You keep on the sugar and you may be hoping the drug company has something for your diabetes. No, you brought that on yourself, so suffer.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by battue
You keep on the sugar and you may be hoping the drug company has something for your diabetes. No, you brought that on yourself, so suffer.

My blood sugar is pretty good thanks. I drink a couple of cups of black coffee (no sugar) in the mornings and have a few "treats" around the holidays, maybe an ice cream once a month or so. Probably a half dozen cokes a year. I know, I am a wildman but I can't help it! laugh The point of including that in my diatribe is the fact that I recognize them as drugs just as surely as alcohol or pot are but refuse to be a hypocrite about it.

And yes, people can ruin themselves with sugar. Only Bloomberg wants to ban that and he is rightly ridiculed over it. Yet we lock kids up over pot while expecting them to go on a drunk fest during their college years as part of the "experience".

Anyway thanks for the diet and health advice.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.