Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This has been 10 plus years ago.... I sent an order of Medical items to a customer in Nebraska... $3500 worth..

Fed Ex was the closest carrier, so I ship it via them... paid for the insurance for the $3500 items...

Several days later I get a call from Fed Ex in Lincoln NEB....

my packaged arrived to their station... for some reason, the box arrived, but had been busted open and the contents were gone....

" would you like us to deliver the empty box?" ya gotta be kidding me...

I called the customer and let them know what had happened... their administrator called back two days later and told me Fed Ex had delivered an empty, smashed box..

I reordered the product and shipped it UPS... it got there 4 days later...

Filed a claim with Fed Ex for the product they lost....

they denied the claim, saying their job was to deliver a box.... not the contents... so therefore, since they delivered the empty smashed box, they had no liability to pay the claim on the insurance I paid for...

I haven't used Fed Ex EVER since that time....

I've had several suppliers who have started using Fed Ex over the last year.... I've refused the box and told them I want the items sent via UPS..
they tell me that they are now using Fed Ex exclusively.. Each time I have changed vendors....

screw Fed Ex.. no wonder they are called FED UP... I certainly was over them costing me $3500, and call delivering an empty box as them doing their job...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My younger years, I have spent some time working in the shipping industry, in a variety of rolls...

so how they do they things they do, and the screw ups...

Packages come into a distribution center and they are logged.. they are suppose to be on site only a certain amount of time..
its a common every day occurrence....if a package is nearing the time, it was supposed to be off site, they throw it on the next container out of there,
doesn't matter where its going.. they are just covering their asses at the center .. they don't give a damn about your package...

that is why a package would show up in Fairbanks AK, when it was addressed to someone in NYC....

Fed Ex is all about time, so they just get rid of packages so they are off that site's loading docks with a certain amount of hours...

UPs and USPs do the exact same thing.... every day...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as a former loader for UPS, I can see how that happens.

Its a volume business.

don't know what its like today but its not the truck drivers that do the damage, its the guys loading the boxes at the hub

Last edited by KFWA; 12/09/19.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
This has been 10 plus years ago.... I sent an order of Medical items to a customer in Nebraska... $3500 worth..

Fed Ex was the closest carrier, so I ship it via them... paid for the insurance for the $3500 items...

my packaged arrived to their station... for some reason, the box arrived, but had been busted open and the contents were gone....

I called the customer and let them know what had happened... their administrator called back two days later and told me Fed Ex had delivered an empty, smashed box..

they denied the claim, saying their job was to deliver a box.... not the contents... so therefore, since they delivered the empty smashed box, they had no liability to pay the claim on the insurance I paid for...

I've had several suppliers who have started using Fed Ex over the last year.... I've refused the box and told them I want the items sent via UPS..
they tell me that they are now using Fed Ex exclusively.. Each time I have changed vendors....

screw Fed Ex.. no wonder they are called FED UP... I certainly was over them costing me $3500, and call delivering an empty box as them doing their job...

Wow.... Don't blame you... eek

And yeah, the Fed-Ex drivers are contractors - not dedicated employees (related to me by one of their drivers a few months ago) like UPS drivers... To be fair, the Fed-Ex drivers I've encountered have been very, very nice and friendly to talk to.. But they can't control what's on their truck - that's the loaders' job at the centers..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by joken2

To my knowledge most all full time UPS delivery drivers are career drivers and members of the Teamsters union, whereas generally speaking, FedEx delivery drivers come and go, some stay long term but most don't and the last I knew are non union.

Don't know if they still are but the majority of FedEx Ground delivery drivers are (were?) essentially small business owners.They buy and maintain their own delivery vehicles, bid on delivery routes, get paid a percentage of each parcel. Some acquire additional routes, buy or lease more delivery vehicles and hire their own extra drivers to run those additional routes. A local woman FedEx delivery driver/owner owned several routes and delivery vehicles she sold to other FedEx Ground drivers when she retired.

yes............UPS are with the Teamsters Union.....proud retired member of Utah Local 222 here

But then Utah and other right to work states......do not have to join the Union.......total bull schidt in my book

If a full time/full pay scale UPS driver is making the same $35/hr as a dues paying member...

no reason for him not to be paying or want to pay monthly Union dues......

Fed Ex is non Union last I heard......not making $35 an hr either

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have some items on a FedEx truck somewhere. Left OH 10 days ago. Tracking says no scheduled delivery date, but with Standard they should arrive today.

"Local" FedEx is a contractor out of the bigger town 100+ miles away. Freezing fog here today, roads are slick. Last time the guy was here I commented on the tires on his van, how they needed replaced before winter really gets here. Said the boss doesn't like to hear scheidt like that. Hopefully his van and my packages aren't off in the weeds now.

Still, a First World problem, right?
Stuff ain't being delivered on Bubba's Burro Express.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire

I would have hired an attorney and sued the chiit out of them.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I talked to the local UPS office about sending a floor mounted New Hermes engraver. They said let us package it for you for $125. The fellow that was getting it was very happy with that. Of course it was damaged in shipping and he had a lot of photos. I filed a claim and they refused it saying it wasn't packed properly. I blew a gasket and said you A$$ wholes packaged it. Yes, I got an attorney and eventually got my money and attorney's fee. I refunded funds to my buddy and he fixed his $1500 machine for $20. He ended up being the real winner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

To my knowledge most all full time UPS delivery drivers are career drivers and members of the Teamsters union, whereas generally speaking, FedEx delivery drivers come and go, some stay long term but most don't and the last I knew are non union.

Don't know if they still are but the majority of FedEx Ground delivery drivers are (were?) essentially small business owners.They buy and maintain their own delivery vehicles, bid on delivery routes, get paid a percentage of each parcel. Some acquire additional routes, buy or lease more delivery vehicles and hire their own extra drivers to run those additional routes. A local woman FedEx delivery driver/owner owned several routes and delivery vehicles she sold to other FedEx Ground drivers when she retired.

Can't be true. According to the consensus of the 'fire, non-union labor is superior to union labor.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm not sure if you can go to a ground terminal and pick things up ?
It happens at my freight terminal every day.
It would boggle your mind how many people order things, and when we show up, have no way to unload it off our trailers.
If I can't manage it with a lift gate, it goes back, and many times the customer shows up with a truck or a trailer, and our dock guys use a forklift to load it up.
Many times, things come in for dock pick up.

Do you have the terminals number? If so, and called, what did they say ?
I don't, but fully expect what you stated above; even if I show up - where the hell is the two boxes??? There's probably a few MILLION items there..

Called Home Depot - she said her screen says they should be here by end of day today.. I told her I have five bux that sez they won't... And I know that this particular time of year - what with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that shippers are overwhelmed... As long as they're here by the 24th, I'm ok.. It's my wife's medical stuff that really concerns me...

Lesson learned - do NOT NOT NOT order anything withing 10 days of those two shopping days...

Lee,
The local FedEx ground hub near me let me pick-up packages from their location. I had to bring my picture ID to get it.

IC B3

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by barm
It would boggle your mind how many people order things, and when we show up, have no way to unload it off our trailers.
If I can't manage it with a lift gate, it goes back, and many times the customer shows up with a truck or a trailer, and our dock guys use a forklift to load it up.

I don't, but fully expect what you stated above; even if I show up - where the hell is the two boxes??? There's probably a few MILLION items there..

Called Home Depot - she said her screen says they should be here by end of day today.. I told her I have five bux that sez they won't... And I know that this particular time of year - what with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that shippers are overwhelmed... As long as they're here by the 24th, I'm ok.. It's my wife's medical stuff that really concerns me...

Lesson learned - do NOT NOT NOT order anything withing 10 days of those two shopping days...

Lee,
The local FedEx ground hub near me let me pick-up packages from their location. I had to bring my picture ID to get it.

Hmmm... Well maybe I should give 'em a call and see if that's possible to do here... I did get another email saying they're due today - but I've read that song and dance for 8 straight days now so I'm not holdin' my breath.. Thanks for that info sir... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was on the local news a couple of nights ago. Turns out that the driver shown is also the driver that delivers to the LGS!

FedEx Driver Meltdown

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unbelievable customer (non)service, Redneck.

Hope you get everything wrangled out. Geez.

Our USPS here is covered up in "diversity". Carriers that don't even speak English now. Increi'ble.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by barm

Lee,

Hmmm... Well maybe I should give 'em a call and see if that's possible to do here... I did get another email saying they're due today - but I've read that song and dance for 8 straight days now so I'm not holdin' my breath.. Thanks for that info sir... smile

Both FedEx and UPS offer a 'Hold for Pickup' or sometimes termed 'Hold at Station (or Terminal)' as a delivery option but it's generally done by shipper at the recipients request.

The recipient gives the shipper the address of the UPS or FedEx office they want the parcel held at along with personal contact info (email/phone #,etc.). When it arrives and available for pickup the recipient is contacted and has 3 business days to pick it up. A personal I.D. will probably be required to pickup.

It's a handy service for those that can't or don't want to hang around at home all day waiting for delivery plus less risk of delivery to wrong address, exposure to weather and porch theft.

(Also one less chance of handling damage from loading and transport to final delivery.)

IIRC too H.F.P. may be a little cheaper as well (as are delivery to business addresses).

Last edited by joken2; 12/10/19.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered a pair of Vortex binoculars for my youngest son from Cabela’s for Christmas. Ordered on cyber Monday and Fedex said it was delivered Dec. 6th. It wasn’t. The wife was here all day. No package.
I just got off of the phone with Cabela’s customer service and they’ve got another pair on the way free of charge.
In 25 years of ordering all manners of items this is only the second time this has happened.........both times Fedex!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There is a woman in our area who owns the local FedEx delivery route. In the last few years she has purchased several new trucks and has several drivers working for her. I see them in the morning loading packages from a semi into the smaller trucks. The drivers are always courteous and try to put the packages out of the weather. She has capitalized on the increase in internet shopping.

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Customer of mine is a rather serious trap-shooter.. He had ordered a new Kolar un-single combo several months ago... When it was done, the shipper sent it to UPS yesterday.. This morning I got an email from UPS that it was to arrive here tomorrow...

I got back to the shop after dropping Nancy off at work and there was a quite large, and damned heavy box leaning at the door (no sig required - IMHO not a good idea). There was his Kolar... He's picking it up this afternoon.. That was damned fast - comin' from TX...

It's also one helluva shotgun... Best guess is he spent 20 grand or close... eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hah.. I was wrong. Just looked 'em up - he's in the 30 grand ball park.. Yike... First one he bought, IIRC, was about 10 grand.. Not a combo though.. Beautiful guns, these..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Only times I had packages go "poof, lost in thin air" was with FedEx. I don't use them from my end and always request alternative carriers from the other end when possible.

DHL is another one I've had herky-jerky delivery issues with, but the stuff always arrived in the end. Don't care much for them either.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have two different items being shipped fedex. Tracking says they are both on the truck for delivery since last Friday.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.