Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by joken2
Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .

Yes, and while I supported his efforts to do so, I believe he went about it the wrong way. Bevin took a typical Yankee's look at Kentucky......here's a bunch of dumbazz's and I'm going to show them how smart I am. Had he not picked fights and ridiculed certain groups, AND focused on a long term plan of reducing our debt, I believe he would have won a second term. Instead, he acted like he expected to turn the state around in one term of being governor, and it just didn't work. As much I blame the ignorant azz voters for not re-electing him, he must also share part of the blame himself.

James speaks the truth. I hope Trump may have taken notice of this also, or at least Kellyanne Conway does. I'm a huge Trump fan and supporter, but wish he would at least try to be more congenial.

GB1

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Gov. Bevin's attempts to reign in costs trying to get KY's fiscal head above water again cost him a 2nd term as Governor. .

Yes, and while I supported his efforts to do so, I believe he went about it the wrong way. Bevin took a typical Yankee's look at Kentucky......here's a bunch of dumbazz's and I'm going to show them how smart I am. Had he not picked fights and ridiculed certain groups, AND focused on a long term plan of reducing our debt, I believe he would have won a second term. Instead, he acted like he expected to turn the state around in one term of being governor, and it just didn't work. As much I blame the ignorant azz voters for not re-electing him, he must also share part of the blame himself.

James speaks the truth. I hope Trump may have taken notice of this also, or at least Kellyanne Conway does. I'm a huge Trump fan and supporter, but wish he would at least try to be more congenial.

Personally, I didn't notice Bevin was any less plain spoken and forthright about his opinions, views and goals as a candidate for his first term as after being elected nor when he ran for a second term. He was just as adamant before, during and after. Whatever voters that opposed his reelection felt about him must've not have been too widely held considering he lost by such a slim margin.

As always, though, YMMV...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Personally, I didn't notice Bevin was any less plain spoken and forthright about his opinions, views and goals as a candidate for his first term as after being elected nor when he ran for a second term. He was just as adamant before, during and after. Whatever voters that opposed his reelection felt about him must've not have been too widely held considering he lost by such a slim margin.

As always, though, YMMV...

Although I sympathized with his opinion and views about the Teacher's retirement and loss of work situations, that garnered quite a bit of support for Beshear that could have been voiced less divisive than it was. I don't remember all that turmoil in his campaign when he ran the first time.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Repeating what I said earlier, Bevin had the typical Northerner/Yankee attitude, and thought he could bully Kentuckians into whatever struck his fancy. He had good intentions when it came to solving some of the states problems........problems that needed solving.......and I thought he was doing what needed to be done. The problem was that so much of what he tried to fix was were things that were so entrenched in Kentucky, that the teachers and state workers weren't going to be persuaded overnight that change was needed. When they reacted against the change, I think Bevin should have kept his mouth shut and maybe not have been so bullheaded about it. It is very hard, for anybody including Bevin to make major overhauls of a system that has been place for generations happen so suddenly.

This state needed 8 years of Bevin to hopefully kill the Democrats chance to get back in control of Frankfort for many years to come. So, while I hoped that he would succeed and get this state on the road to becoming solvent, I believe he was more interested in himself and his future political aspirations, which took one hellva hit when he lost the election.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does KY have right to work for public & private sector?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Does KY have right to work for public & private sector?

yes

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bevin is Bevin. He's been plain spoken ever since I because aware of him, anyway.

He signed Constitutional carry into Kentucky law and when the whiners started in on him about it, he told them to move to another state if they didn't like it.

When the Teachers started marching on Frankfort and disrupting the General Assembly, he called them out for it.

As far as I'm concerned,..he did what needed to be done and said what needed to be said.

The country would be better off if it had more people like Matt Bevin holding office.

Beshear bought the election with promises to raise state employees salaries. Considering the deficit the state is in, it's going to be interesting to see how he plans to do it.

Also,..it will be interesting to see how many of Beshear's people end up in prison.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/opinion...9e3e5b4-a9e3-517f-ad9d-91c504ecce32.html

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bevin is Bevin. He's been plain spoken ever since I because aware of him, anyway.

He signed Constitutional carry into Kentucky law and when the whiners started in on him about it, he told them to move to another state if they didn't like it.

When the Teachers started marching on Frankfort and disrupting the General Assembly, he called them out for it.

As far as I'm concerned,..he did what needed to be done and said what needed to be said.

The country would be better off if it had more people like Matt Bevin holding office.

Beshear bought the election with promises to raise state employees salaries. Considering the deficit the state is in, it's going to be interesting to see how he plans to do it.

Also,..it will be interesting to see how many of Beshear's people end up in prison.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/opinion...9e3e5b4-a9e3-517f-ad9d-91c504ecce32.html

I totally agree with you friend on every word spoken. I thought he was doing what was right and needed to be done, even kind of admired his grit when dealing with opposition. But as James said and I agree with also, politics is still politics and not everyone can appreciate a man's candor such as Bevin's. I'm afraid you, James and myself are slightly more in the minority than the majority with this.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Put yourself in a teacher or state worker's shoes. You started your career with two things: low pay compared to many of the public sector jobs, BUT the promise of good benefits (health insurance, pension) to compensate for the relatively low pay.

Fast forward 10 or 20 years. Your pay is still relatively crappy (lots of state workers haven't saw a raise or cost of living adjustment in a decade or more), but now the health insurance is pretty crappy too. And now you have a governor basically calling you a puss on TV when you complain about changes to your pension system.

It's amazing the election was as close as it was, when you consider that the school systems are some of the biggest employers in many KY counties. People vote for their wallets. And who can blame them, really? Bevin did himself no favors by being as aggressive as he was on the teachers and state workers.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

In short, people are willing to sacrifice the Constitution because the President doesn't say 'Yes Ma'am'

You can't make this shiet up.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are are lots of Igno-ra-moose's out there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Kentucky is one of the top 10 states for suicides. Do they need those high cap mags and assault rifles for suicide?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
My sister just retired as a state employee teacher. My brother in law also teaches. I was curious to know what they were thinking. Wasn’t sure. They are conservative but many people change when money is in question. BIL is hammering on his co workers for their stupidity in voting against the guy who was shoring up their pensions and for the guy who represents what gutted their funds.

Some people are stupid and guided by emotion. This election loss exemplifies that in those that vote from a knee jerk. I really like straight talking politicians like Bevins and Trump. Sadly too many people are snowflakes and can’t handle straight talk or the truth and they cancel my vote.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It will never make it to a vote.......but if I were king, all those Republican voters who either did not vote, or refused to vote for Bevin and instead voted for Beshear, would lose their rights to own a gun because of their contributing to the election of a Democrat.

To use the saying that all the progunners use "don't you know what 'shall not be infringed' means?"

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kelbro
Kentucky is one of the top 10 states for suicides.

No,...it's not.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/population-health/us-states-ranked-by-suicide-rate.html

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

In short, people are willing to sacrifice the Constitution because the President doesn't say 'Yes Ma'am'

You can't make this shiet up.

You may not be aware of this, but you can't make change politically if you are not elected. Even a Girlhunter should know this, ask Matt Bevin.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 35, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 22 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.