Print Thread
Hop To
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
If you have an interest in sniper/thriller novels or if you have an interest in long range shooting then you should find this book entertaining. Bob Lee Swagger is over 70 years old but he has an unexpected visitor who is a Gold Star Mom who has made it her life mission to find the sniper who killed her son in Iraq. She has endured the abuse in Iraq of a woman alone. But she has gathered some information and has sought out Swagger for his help.

In Iraq a sniper named 'Juba' put together a group of snipers who were very effective. Now, years later he is training in southern Syria. Swagger and the Israelis get involved and a raid is launched. Vital information is gathered but Juba has escaped. And has gone to the US for his next assignment in the US. The FBI gets involved. A cartel is involved, a mosque, and much more

Well worth a read if this sort of book appeals to you. Much technical reloading info as well as long range needed info is included throughout the book. And the 338 Lapua and 6.5 Creedmoor are prominent.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I read it and found it entertaining. I can see how all of the detailed gun stuff would be overwhelming and probably not very interesting to anybody not into such stuff. For all the technical detail, I noticed a couple of errors. I read it on Kindle, so couldn't flip pages back to recheck. A 6.5mm Creedmoor is not a necked down .308 (.260 Rem.), and a Wilson seating die does not have interchangeable neck bushings.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Paul39
I read it and found it entertaining. I can see how all of the detailed gun stuff would be overwhelming and probably not very interesting to anybody not into such stuff. For all the technical detail, I noticed a couple of errors. I read it on Kindle, so couldn't flip pages back to recheck. A 6.5mm Creedmoor is not a necked down .308 (.260 Rem.), and a Wilson seating die does not have interchangeable neck bushings.

Paul

I lost interest in Hunter's books after he had Earl Swagger hunting mule deer in Arkansas,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by Paul39

Paul

I lost interest in Hunter's books after he had Earl Swagger hunting mule deer in Arkansas,

+1, Really enjoyed the early ones. The Day Before Midnight, Black Light, Havana, Dirty White Boys, Pale Horse Coming, Time to Hunt, Point of Impact were all excellent. When he got to the 47th Samurai, Night of Thunder and the last few Sniper books I lost interest.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,010
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.