Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Rex did a review he's a straight shooter he likes them .
Anybody tried one ?
Doug you selling them ?

$350-$400 very affordable .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I watched that yesterday actually, the clicks seemed to match up. it is supposed to be made in china from my understanding. for me I just can't, let me repeat, just can't put a 34mm tube scope on my gun. its like running a lifted truck with 22" dubs. Also I have serious questions about how useable the reticle really is on low power. rex seems to want to look at the scope on 10x a lot. I think he like a lot of people using these FFP scopes are using them from 7x -16x power. use the scope that way the reticle probably would work great. The reticle to me also seems overly complicated, but then again I am a hunting scope guy and this scope is geared toward a different crowd.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tag

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike, send me the $350. I’ll make a YouTube video of me burning your cash out behind the barn. It’ll save you a headache and you’ll have the video forever.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Lots of “affordable” scopes are low cost, but not affordable when you have to replace them in short order.

NRA Patron
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Good reviews of a sample done by Lowlight on Snipershide.

seems that the product is in the marketing phase, and webs sites are being "bombed" from the same IP address. Hmmmmm

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
tag for info

NRA lifetime member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
jI have a friend in Arizona that is a dealer. He has done some testing and likes it fine and the ones that he has sold, seem to have pleased the customer. I just don't see the 34mm thing, though.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I haven't taken the time to look up the website - ain't buying anything from china .
Just pondered why there's been no mention of them on the fire , CHINA , ...

Kingston ,
Cash headed your way ...................

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am aware of the brand but at this point have not seen any product from them. SHOT is a month away and I'll be looking around, however, I'd need to be very impressed in order to bring in another Pacific Rim brand. Notice I said brand not manufacturer. The majority of these brands have their products manufactured by the same mfg and it really comes down to innovation of design (which is rare as everyone has a Me Too product) and quality control which is EXTREMELY important.

We have been approached by Vector Optics and have a meeting with them. They are very up front that they are overall a Me Too product but claim sharp pricing to the consumer and great quality control.

We have set up a meeting with Vanguard (who BTW, has their own mfg facilities).

We shall see what 2020 brings.

Right now I think we have been doing a good job, with your input, in deciding what brands to handle.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
F*** China

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They do come in a 30mm tube, not just 34mm.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by peeshooter
F*** China

This☝🏻

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Repeatedly.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
More chit...as if we don't have enough Chinese scopes made now

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostman

probably, but I would not say definitely. china is producing some very high end pocket knives these days. 2 problem I see here. 1) someone needs to be QC'ing these scopes stateside. China will replace crucial parts with parts in many cases that might be only 1 penny less in cost. For one of these scopes to function well as a pre production sample is in no way indicative as to the scope later people will get. Also keep in mind you are buying a scope from a boutique company. This company may or may not be in business in the future. this will impact your resale value and service on the product if you need it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Ghostman

probably, but I would not say definitely. china is producing some very high end pocket knives these days. 2 problem I see here. 1) someone needs to be QC'ing these scopes stateside. China will replace crucial parts with parts in many cases that might be only 1 penny less in cost. For one of these scopes to function well as a pre production sample is in no way indicative as to the scope later people will get. Also keep in mind you are buying a scope from a boutique company. This company may or may not be in business in the future. this will impact your resale value and service on the product if you need it.

This is always a concern for me, when I see these new companies pop up. Not to say that they do not have good products, but it would be nice to be able to get warranty work done, etc., a few years down the line.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 30338
Repeatedly.

See they've got one good review already!

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t know. Could be the next big thing

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did they grind up the Arkenstone to use for lens coatings in these?

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just got off the phone with Michael at Arken. Sounds like a driven dynamic guy who is very interested in producing an affordable quality product. I think we will be meeting at SHOT. More to say when I've got more to say smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Will be interesting to watch this thread...

Kansan

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ready
Did they grind up the Arkenstone to use for lens coatings in these?

laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I just got off the phone with Michael at Arken. Sounds like a driven dynamic guy who is very interested in producing an affordable quality product. I think we will be meeting at SHOT. More to say when I've got more to say smile

Doug: Just how many China made clones are enough ? You handle many companies selling very similar optics, so what is it all about ?

Why take on another, I just don't see it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

Doug: Just how many China made clones are enough ? You handle many companies selling very similar optics, so what is it all about ?

Not saying I would. Interested in what he's bringing that nobody else is. Never hurts to look

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not saying I would. Interested in what he's bringing that nobody else is. Never hurts to look

I suppose you, and those watching may know it does not take much to get into the optics business. It just takes a suitcase, some cash and
a plane ticket to China. You can come home with some optics.

Remember Zenray, the best thing there ever was. Now tits up and gone..............So no warranty, no nothing, .....just a similar clone seller type plan.

I just don't see any need with all of the good choices out there right now.

Doug, if I remember right you got on the Zenray wagon shortly before it failed. Remember that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I suppose you, and those watching may know it does not take much to get into the optics business. It just takes a suitcase, some cash and
a plane ticket to China. You can come home with some optics.

Remember Zenray, the best thing there ever was. Now tits up and gone..............So no warranty, no nothing, .....just a similar clone seller type plan.

I just don't see any need with all of the good choices out there right now.

Doug, if I remember right you got on the Zenray wagon shortly before it failed. Remember that.

You are 100% correct, not even 99% but 100%. When I first started hearing about ZenRay and looked into their brand I was skeptical. After some deeper research I discovered the company was a guy named Charles who knew where to source quality optics. We got so many requests to carry their optics that after a year of turning away orders we started to carry them but explained to all folks who called to buy it that if anything ever happened to Charles we feared ZenRay would disappear. We handled ZenRay for about 8 years or so. Then, October of 2017 Charles fell off the grid. Cell phone went unanswered as did e-mails and that was that.

I will look at Arken & Vector Optics, and will continue to, but won't be pulling the trigger with any start up/new comer until they are established for a good amount of time.

I do wish some some the best and hope they survive. Tract is a perfect example. John was with Nikon for many years. Great guy who has deep optics knowledge and started what I understand is a great product line. Not sure if the company entirely rests on his shoulders the way ZenRay rested on Charles, but I wish him a long and successful run and am glad he left Nikon when he did as now he'd be looking for work with Nikon closing down the majority of their Sports Optics division.

As you say, "it does not take much to get into the optics business. It just takes a suitcase, some cash and
a plane ticket to China. You can come home with some optics."
I think it's a little more than that to have a quality product, but you're not far off.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.