Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Any of you guys running the Yo Dave trigger spring in your Tikka? The stock screw is backed out all the way and hitting the Hex screw. Just trying to get a little lighter pull.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Any of you guys running the Yo Dave trigger spring in your Tikka? The stock screw is backed out all the way and hitting the Hex screw. Just trying to get a little lighter pull.

I have known of people that mark the spot the screw is hitting , remove the trigger mounting screw and dremel the area a little. 2lbs is not an issue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used the Yo Dave when I had my Tikka and it took the pull weight down to 1.5 lb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’ve got the YO Dave springs in a few Tikkas and CZs. Been happy with all of them.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
And at 7-10 bucks it nothing. I also read that I could modify the existing setscrew, but would rather not and just replace the spring. I like a lite trigger, but my boys on the other hand, I wouldn't want them with it until they get use to it. They both have their own Rem 700's. Can it be adjusted upward as well? Say close to the 2 lbs of the stock spring?

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by barm
I used the Yo Dave when I had my Tikka and it took the pull weight down to 1.5 lb

my exact results with yo dave and passed the "drop test". but............. and there is always a but, consider elay precision tikka t3/t3x trigger spring. Brian from elay precision is a stand up guy and the trigger springs took my (2) tikka t3x superlites to 1lb10oz and 1lb12oz and crisp and also passed the "drop test". so, what i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with yo dave and i've had great results. i'm just saying to me the elay precision spring are equal value and quality but with no 1 month wait or big shipping charges.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by whitearrow

my exact results with yo dave and passed the "drop test". but............. and there is always a but, consider elay precision tikka t3/t3x trigger spring. Brian from elay precision is a stand up guy and the trigger springs took my (2) tikka t3x superlites to 1lb10oz and 1lb12oz and crisp and also passed the "drop test". so, what i'm saying is there is nothing wrong with yo dave and i've had great results. i'm just saying to me the elay precision spring are equal value and quality but with no 1 month wait or big shipping charges.
good luck,
Big Ed

Didn't know after market springs existed. Thanks for the tip about Elay. Ordered a 3 pack for $24.95

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well timed thread. I was looking to replace the trigger spring on one of my Tikkas but only knew of the MCARBO ones FROM THE GUY WHO DRINKS SIX RED BULLS BEFORE DOING THE INSTALLATION VIDEOS!!!! wink

Elay's price is three bucks less per unit and that three pack looks mighty well priced as well.

Thanks for the heads up on these.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i don't think y'all will be disappointed in elay precision springs. if you have an issue with shipping or whatever email brian. my spring 3 pack apparently got lost in the mail so he sent me another 3 pack free. i later got the original 3 pack and sent him an email saying so and asked to pay for the replacement 3 pack of tikka springs he sent me but he declined and said buy some more tikkas and use the springs as a gift from elay precision.
good luck men,
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by whitearrow

good luck,
Big Ed

thanks alot. never heard of them. I'll look into them as well.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mountain Tactical (www.tikkaperformance.com) also sells trigger springs. I have one in mine and it is very consistent at 28 oz.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Last YoDave order took 6 days total to arrive to me in Texas

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got my three pack of Elay springs yesterday and installed them in three Tikka T3x's a few minutes ago, two T3x Lites and a .223 Varmint model.

Ho-lee McGillicutty! Dat's some nice trigger pulls. All three triggers were right at 2 3/4 lbs with the factory spring and weight screw all the way out. The Elay springs reduced all three to 1 1/4 lbs with the set screw out all the way. I tightened that up some on the Lite's since that's too light but left it at minimum weight on the Varmint model that's used from a bench or solid position only.

I suspect any of the brands mentioned here would do the job well but overall these reduced weight springs took a great trigger pull and made it even better.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Darryle
Last YoDave order took 6 days total to arrive to me in Texas

NOT my experience with yodave shipping in the least. mine took upwards of a month to get down south to MS from canada i believe is where yodave is located. he musta stepped up the shipping as that was my only ding with em. the springs themselves were equal to elay precision.
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve 4 of the mountain tactical springs. No complaints and would buy again.

Yup.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I ordered the elay spring on the 4th and hasnt come in yet. No shipping info on the site. How long do they normally take to come in?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
I ordered the elay spring on the 4th and hasnt come in yet. No shipping info on the site. How long do they normally take to come in?

Mine took about 2 weeks.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered mine at 9:45 in the morning and they arrived that afternoon...

Naaahh, not really. My first post above is Tuesday 11/26 and I think I ordered a three pack on line that night, they arrived in the mail on Saturday 11/30 so four days later.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I actually had to call and they shipped another package so I ended up with two packages....lol

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have used the Yo Dave kits on a CZ 22LR, but really felt no need for one on a Tikka Centerfire. The triggers are good out of the box for a hunting rifle. Not sure which Tikka model you are asking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.