Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
The founding fathers didn't see hanging or a firing squad (quick death) as cruel and unusual. Cruel and unusual would be torture or a slow death. I like the idea of going to grade school year round, with breaks of course, and graduate high school at 16. No drivers license until you graduate high school. Then 2 years of trade school or college.

If you don't go, you automatically go in the military at 18. Maybe everyone should go in the military at 18. Those with skills get promoted after basic training. Others remain privates. To cover these costs, you eliminate the Border patrol and use the military and expand the Coast Guard. With expanded military, they could build and repair US roads and highways, bridges, etc, and eliminate the money sent to the states for this work by spending it on expanded military. The expanded military will allow for quick mobilization in time of war, or natural disaster. FEMA could be eliminated and money spent to expand the national guard, which can be called up immediately by the state governors in times of emergency. The military is more efficient in operation than a bureaucracy.

Otherwise the same three above, as well as term limits for all politicians.

Then there is prayer and bible reading in schools. The constitution says we have freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. So anytime anyone wants to pray or read a bible in school, this should be allowed by students on a voluntary basis.
This is out the country was meant to be, Prosperity and wealth has brought us to a lazy turn and no one wants to get off their couch to do anything.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I was literally just discussing with the wife about some of the 'younger' crowd that are now shieting on Thanksgiving. The continual chipping away of AMERICAN traditions.

You ever fish for steelhead in tennessee ?

uhhhh, yeah. caught.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fella can fish for idiots in Floriduh. No bag limit, no license required. Chumming with Yankee speak is a good start.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Word....

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
You’re pretty sharp for a chopper pilot, Dan. I like the way you think...
😄

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Update on the repeat offender referenced in the OP. The boy fled a traffic stop, injuring two sheriffs deputies and striking a motorcyclist. That fella is in an induced coma, had one leg amputated below the knee and multiple spinal injuries. I have rope and a few tall trees, just in case the judge is following the thread. No charge.

He should never been released the last time.

Grrrrr.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by navlav8r
😄

Appreciate that, and have the same thought about your prose...and survival skills. I came to realize some years ago that flying with or without wings is a thinking man's job. Stopping to inspect something ain't for the faint of heart, anymore than a night carrier launch in 15' seas and a starless night. If you ain't easily amused you'll have a short career with that crap.

BTW, funniest stuff I ever did in a plane was snap rolls. Wish I could try one with Schifty hanging onto one wing strut and Nan on the other. Talk about slingin' chitt.....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r
😄

LOL. He sure is isn't he?

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fella can fish for idiots in Floriduh. No bag limit, no license required. Chumming with Yankee speak is a good start.

I hear ya.... We do the same thing with carpetbaggers... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,807 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.