Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I CAN'T WAIT for the new Hitler Movie parodies for this underwhelming screw-up of an announcement.

Krebs: The people have been asking for a PCC for years...

Hitler: Screw the people... They NEED a little rinky dink .22LR with our name on it!!!

(Woman cries in hallway)

grin

Last edited by Stump Buster; 12/10/19.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sure hope they offer a threaded version right outta the gate!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I bought a Glock 22, 40 S&W several years ago because that's what we carried at work and I wanted to be able to shoot it more than the once a year qualification. I got to where I actually like the Glock. I'm not going to go out and buy one of each model, but I could see myself liking this new 22. I'll be watching for them to become available.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm kind of a Glock guy, I'll probably have one eventually.

Hey, at least holsters will not be hard to find....even for us LH'ers.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
not gonna knock it til I try it, that being said, its saying its comparable in size to the G19, that's a big grip for a single stack 22...sort of wierd if you ask me. This in slim 48 profile would be better for a 22 I would think. S&W really knocked it out of the park with the m&p 22 compact...which I have and love...but this being a Glock, folks are gonna drool over them.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't think I would call this a Glock screw up.

In fact, I would bet the will sell as many as they can make, and they will make them with threaded barrels, for suppressors.

Great trainers for new shooters. Great sub caliber trainers for guys who shoot Glocks in competition. Fits in standard G19 sized holsters.

Sounds like Glock might know a thing or two about making pistols.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
With a ten round mag, I would rather it have been made in a G48 platform.

Last edited by Lee_Woiteshek; 12/10/19.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think I'll get one.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why does anyone assume that just because a rimfire pistol only holds ten rounds, it should be a mini pistol? There are plenty of mini 22's on the market, if that is what someone wants. And it wouldn't surprise me if Glock brings one out eventually. But it's only logical that they would provide a rimfire understudy first for their most popular pistol. And capacity only matters that much if you're going to use it for defense or gaming.....but there's the G19 for that.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

In fact, I would bet the will sell as many as they can make, and they will make them with threaded barrels, for suppressors.

Great trainers for new shooters. Great sub caliber trainers for guys who shoot Glocks in competition. Fits in standard G19 sized holsters.

I agree with this. There is a lot to be said about cheap practice with 22 in the identical manual of arms with which one is familiar. I would love to have a 22 that is the exact (or near exact) replica of every pistol or revolver I carry or may carry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Why does anyone assume that just because a rimfire pistol only holds ten rounds, it should be a mini pistol? There are plenty of mini 22's on the market, if that is what someone wants. And it wouldn't surprise me if Glock brings one out eventually. But it's only logical that they would provide a rimfire understudy first for their most popular pistol. And capacity only matters that much if you're going to use it for defense or gaming.....but there's the G19 for that.

Once they get the ins and outs straight on the first model....depending on how they sell....I'd expect they will make other 22lr versions that match the size of others, like the G43.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Yep.

Fashioning it in size of a 19 makes sense, since I'm sure there are more 19 sized Glocks out there than any other model

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

This. I don't see any way this is a screw up, other than maybe the desire for higher mag capacity. Having owned a Ciener .22 conversion on a G23 years ago, I definitely see the appeal; it's a nice size for a little .22 plinker; definitely will be easier to carry than my Buckmark and Mk I, and almost certainly more reliable and accurate than the diminutive Walther/Ruger/etc pocket 22 pistols.

Besides, as a factory offering, I'm sure some enterprising aftermarket company will figure out high capacity magazines, if Glock doesn't make some themselves. Companies like Magpul are probably already talking about this now.

With all that said, I'd also like to see one in the G43 size.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lot's of folks already hatin' on the new kid.

I'm bettin' they will fly off the shelves.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They will sell like penny bubble gum.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only thing wrong is they didn’t offer a Hi-Cap Magazine

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hexagonal rifling, won’t that lead😆

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I see one of these in my future.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 160user, 47 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,237
Posts18,447,813
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.