-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started a thread asking about this trigger only a few days ago, asking for real hands-on experience with it. If you have used one, please give a critique. The thread is HERE.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have installed three of these 2 1/2 pound single stage triggers in my RRA varmint rifles.easy to install ,reliable and reasonable priced.Click on link below.
http://www.triggerwork.net/arparts.html

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
On my ARs I have one Geissele and an ALG. The Geissele is a two stage on my target rifle and the ALG is their Advanced Combat Trigger on my M4 clone. I would recommend that one. $69 and the owner of the company is Geissele's wife.

NoCAL

Last edited by NoCAL; 12/10/19.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Replace with your choice. I prefer the extra safety of 2 stage in a semi. And it doesn't take much getting used to, in fact if you can't get used to it, it would amaze me. 2nd stage at 1.5 pounds on some are pretty sweet and pretty light for a semi.

Tuning anything stock other than just a tiny bit is the dumbest thing one can do. I say that with mileage under the belt. It takes way to much work and in the end it will usually double eventually if not more. OR what you accomplished was so little it didn't matter really. I say this having won some matches with a 7 pound plus trigger once that failed and I had to get it to pass weight and no time to tweak...

RRA or La Rue are cheap enough. Usually pretty decent. If not they can use a bit of tuning to get good.

When its important I'd go Geiselle these days but others YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by rost495

Tuning anything stock other than just a tiny bit is the dumbest thing one can do. I say that with mileage under the belt. It takes way to much work and in the end it will usually double eventually if not more. OR what you accomplished was so little it didn't matter really.

For most people this is true.

It IS possible to modify and adjust a stock trigger group to be pretty good, but it takes a fair amount of skill and knowledge in trigger mechanisms, machining, and understanding of case hardened parts, so doing a good job of this to end up with a good and reliable trigger is out of reach for most people. It is possible for a few people and in that case it's not a dumb thing to do, but with the availability of cheap aftermarket triggers like those linked above, it's not really worth it anyway.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the help, everyone!

I ordered the LaRue two-stage trigger.

Merry Christmas!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A Geissele trigger came with my Larue when I bought it years ago. I put a Larue MBT trigger in a Diamondback AR I picked up on the cheap from a friend. I think it cost less then 90 bucks when I bought it. I like both triggers and for the money I would put a Larue MBT in any fighting AR as it is plenty good and I notice very little difference between the Geissele and the MBT. Other then the Geissele costs over twice as much. Both are two stage and the break is good.

I think that you will like the Larue trigger. I had to send my first one back as oddly it would not reset, they covered all the costs with apologies. They are a first class top tier AR business.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.