Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Time after time, public murder sprees occur in “gun-free zones” - public places where citizens are not legally able to carry guns. The list is long, including massacres at Virginia Tech and Columbine High School along with many less deadly attacks. Last week’s slaughter at Fort Hood Army base in Texas was no different - except that one man bears responsibility for the ugly reality that the men and women charged with defending America were deliberately left defenseless when a terrorist opened fire.

Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones.

Because of Mr. Clinton, terrorists would face more return fire if they attacked a Texas Wal-Mart than the gunman faced at Fort Hood, home of the heavily armed and feared 1st Cavalry Division. That’s why a civilian policewoman from off base was the one whose marksmanship ended Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan’s rampage.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/11/end-clinton-era-military-base-gun-ban/

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Clinton's are a perfect example of the uselessness of politicians.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is absolutely correct...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I'm not sure if truer words have ever been typed..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Clintons are the Bonnie and Clyde of American politics

Last edited by vapodog; 12/10/19.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by vapodog
The Clintons are the Bonnie and Clyde of American politics

I understand the intention of your post but I believe the Clintons make Bonnie & Clyde look like pikers.LOL

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I'd be pretty happy if politicians were just useless, but they are extremely dangerous..........especially to everyone else's health.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a fan of Slick Willy, but BJClinton is not the only cause of servicemen being disarmed.

Blame commanding officers: units, bases, etc. Blame it on JAGoffs, blame it on the disgusting whore's sons in the Pentagon. It is their base cowardice and reverence for their career over the lives of their men that results in capable men of violence being denied the means to protect their own selves and other servicemen.

See, if some jihadi or other waste of oxygen murders an officer's men with a firearm while on base, the officer will face no deleterious consequences and his career is safe. On the other hand, if he issues and/or allows firearms to be carried by any of the men he commands while on base, a negligent discharge by one of his men can ruin his career.

So, better his men die at the hand of some evil camel jockey than risk his career.

Recall the gangrenous hump of a man General Casey after another jihadi went kinetic at Ft Hood:
"Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength. And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse."
Same thought process: career uber alles.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure as hell ain’t defending BJ Bill, but I seem to remember a couple hundred Marines killed in Beirut in 1983. The sentries were unable to engage the truck bomb in time because they were ordered NOT to chamber a round while on their post.
I still think an awful lot of President Reagan, but in Beirut in 1983, there should have been heavy weapons deployed around any base housing US service members. And with the increase in domestic terrorism, that applies to present day CONUS bases as well.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I had a gun at numerous duty stations that we weren't allowed to have. I liked my odds.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i kinda doubt you could blame clinton for that directly. happened on his watch for sure but doubt he instigated it. more likely liberal remf military leadership.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I had a gun at numerous duty stations that we weren't allowed to have. I liked my odds.

Coast Guard ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And among others are owned by Putin. Via Snowdon, the pimp, hillary’s Server, and Russian Intelligence. The very reason Putin now owns 25% of our Uranium And why he islossibly the richest man in the world.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Back in the early 80's, I kept a Model 94 Trapper 30-30 in my wall locker, behind the 'horse blanket' overcoat. Not even noticed during many inspections. I know my roomy had a 38 snub stored with his civvies.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

614 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,232
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.