Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by hanco
Have you considered a 6.5 x 284 if you are gonna shoot long range??

Or the 6.5 PRC. šŸ˜†

The PRC is gaining traction by the day and developing a reputation for accuracy that is right there with the Creedmoor. If you are going to handload, I'd get the PRC. Factory ammo is easy enough to come by, but is a bit more expensive.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[quote=Beaver10][quote=Dogshooter]The CTR is an absolute peach.... Iā€™ve been singing their praises since they hit the market. I prefer the 20ā€ version in both .260 and Creed.... but thatā€™s because I primarily shoot them suppressed.

On .260 vs. Creed.... i

Beav, post a pic of that rig if you don't mind.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Beav, that is sweet! Did you order it already inlet for the CTR, did you have to modify it, or what? Did you do that finish yourself? Thanks for posting that pic. I really like that.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
[quote=Beaver10][quote=Dogshooter]The CTR is an absolute peach.... Iā€™ve been singing their praises since they hit the market. I prefer the 20ā€ version in both .260 and Creed.... but thatā€™s because I primarily shoot them suppressed.

On .260 vs. Creed.... i

šŸ˜Ž

I knew you were a flat brimmer....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grayboe has a custom shop on-line. The CTR stock is one of the offerings they provide.

Stock comes completely inlet for Tikka drop in barrel/actions

https://grayboe.com/

šŸ˜Ž

ā€œMolon Labeā€
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joshf303

On .260 vs. Creed.... i

šŸ˜Ž

Oh, ShĆ®t...Busted....šŸ„“

ā€œMolon Labeā€
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

On .260 vs. Creed.... i

šŸ˜Ž

For the more civilized palette. GAP Tempest 6.5 Manbun šŸ˜Ž

ā€œMolon Labeā€
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Points awarded for the Gucci harness!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You ignorant, or what?... Thatā€™s a man purse I bought off a hoarder with too many cats. šŸ˜Ž

ā€œMolon Labeā€
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Thatā€™s a ā€œsatchelā€.... satchels are cool.... Indiana Jones has one.... where else is he gonna put the keys to his Tac-Door?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am looking at getting one of those or a 260. A rifle just for long range steel or target shooting out to 100yards.

I just ordered a SWFA 10x MIL and it will go on a Savage tactical or Tikka CTR. I just canā€™t decide on the chambering.

Thoughts and advice, thanks

A year ago, for the same purpose, shooting targets out to 1,000 yards, I picked up a new 6mm Creed in the Ruger Precision Rifle. Couldn't turn it down for $749. Popped an unemployed Vortex scope on it.

With factory Hornady 108's or my handloads with the same bullet, it shoots great!

Big Ugly ol' truck axle of a rifle, but it shoots well. The cartridge is a peach. I think a 6.5 Creed would do as well, but the 6 was avail at the deeply discounted price. That was good enough for me! smile

I've done quite a bit of long range shooting over the years, NRA "High Master" and all that, and the 6mm Creed makes it easy. Crosshairs don't come off the target. Can spot my own hits on steel. Easy to load - just run it through my Hornady dies with no special attention. I think I'd have been equally pleased with the 6.5 version, but the 6 landed here.

Regards, Guy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Cascade
I am looking at getting one of those or a 260. A rifle just for long range steel or target shooting out to 100yards.

I just ordered a SWFA 10x MIL and it will go on a Savage tactical or Tikka CTR. I just canā€™t decide on the chambering.

Thoughts and advice, thanks

A year ago, for the same purpose, shooting targets out to 1,000 yards, I picked up a new 6mm Creed in the Ruger Precision Rifle. Couldn't turn it down for $749. Popped an unemployed Vortex scope on it.

With factory Hornady 108's or my handloads with the same bullet, it shoots great!

Big Ugly ol' truck axle of a rifle, but it shoots well. The cartridge is a peach. I think a 6.5 Creed would do as well, but the 6 was avail at the deeply discounted price. That was good enough for me! smile

I've done quite a bit of long range shooting over the years, NRA "High Master" and all that, and the 6mm Creed makes it easy. Crosshairs don't come off the target. Can spot my own hits on steel. Easy to load - just run it through my Hornady dies with no special attention. I think I'd have been equally pleased with the 6.5 version, but the 6 landed here.

Regards, Guy

For something that's going to be a range gun (especially longer ranges) I can't think of a better rifle out of the box than the RPR.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by irfubar

Tell us why you would go with a 6.5x284 over both the other 6.5 offerings? Please expound on your LR experience with it while youā€™re at it....

Wouldnā€™t the 6.5x284 give you a little more at long range if you wanted a short cartridge?

I have a couple of Creedmoors, a 6.5-06, couple 264ā€™s and a 26 Nosler. Iā€™m a deer hunter, never shoot over 300 yds.

We know Hanco... and you have dozens of Leupold scopes on those long range rigs.... maybe you should stick to the 223ai thread?

My old eyes wonā€™t let me shoot long range anymore. My rifles are way more capable than I am. If I was shooting as far as you guys I would go Nightforce.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by irfubar

Tell us why you would go with a 6.5x284 over both the other 6.5 offerings? Please expound on your LR experience with it while youā€™re at it....

Wouldnā€™t the 6.5x284 give you a little more at long range if you wanted a short cartridge?

I have a couple of Creedmoors, a 6.5-06, couple 264ā€™s and a 26 Nosler. Iā€™m a deer hunter, never shoot over 300 yds.

We know Hanco... and you have dozens of Leupold scopes on those long range rigs.... maybe you should stick to the 223ai thread?

My old eyes wonā€™t let me shoot long range anymore. My rifles are way more capable than I am. If I was shooting as far as you guys I would go Nightforce.

Yep. I am in the same boat. I have a 530-yard range here at home and that is really pushing it for me, anymore. I like sub-300 for hunting.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The CTR I found is chambered in 260. The price is 150-200 dollars less than a Creed, 875

Shooting a 260 since 1998... never grabbed onto the 6.5 Creedmoor...

Endless supply of 308 brass out there....which I just neck down.....

Saving a couple hundred bucks... that would pay for the Super Sniper or 2/3 of the cost...

as long as it has a one in 8 twist to it...you'd be good to go...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

ā€œOwning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.ā€ ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

I'd say Tikka CTR in 6.5CM over the .260. Euro Optics has both for same price, $898 blued, $998 SS.

https://www.eurooptic.com/search.aspx?keyword=tikka+ctr

SD

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
The CTR I found is chambered in 260. The price is 150-200 dollars less than a Creed, 875

Shooting a 260 since 1998... never grabbed onto the 6.5 Creedmoor...

Endless supply of 308 brass out there....which I just neck down.....

Saving a couple hundred bucks... that would pay for the Super Sniper or 2/3 of the cost...

as long as it has a one in 8 twist to it...you'd be good to go...

That's good advice right there ^^^

If you have additional questions.........................

Ā© 2018 Sierra Bullets
1400 W Henry St
Sedalia, MO 65301

(888) 223-3006

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the whole reason to use a creedmore is because the case is a bit shorter. tikka's are all the same length action. you can load the bullets out long. the 260 should have an edge if you want to use it. that and the creed has become too tacticool.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the whole reason to use a creedmore is because the case is a bit shorter. tikka's are all the same length action. you can load the bullets out long. the 260 should have an edge if you want to use it. that and the creed has become too tacticool.

Who uses a creedmore?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Am I seeing right? Those CTR's are made in left hand, and are available?

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,701 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.