Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Glock announced their new model 44 in 22lr today... looks interesting I think I'll have to try one out when they're available...

https://plink44.com

Public landowner...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m down to try one. The “hybrid polymer steel slide” should be interesting.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I think it'll be good... haven't seen any prices on these yet... don't imagine they'll be too bad though...

Public landowner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They couldn’t be shooting for more than $300-350, no?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Why only 10 round magazines????? Looks like they easily could have gotten 15 rounds in them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'l probably get one, , wonder when they'll be available?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kingston
They’ve couldn’t be shooting for more than $300-350, no?

That's what I was thinking...

Public landowner...
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by frogman43
Why only 10 round magazines????? Looks like they easily could have gotten 15 rounds in them.

I read somewhere that a 15 round magazine was coming soon...

Public landowner...
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I'l probably get one, , wonder when they'll be available?

I haven't heard but I bet it's soon...

Public landowner...
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
In the G44 specs it indicates "coming January 20th". I am getting one.

IC B3

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I see there will be one with a threaded barrel option... I'm going to snag one of those to try...

Public landowner...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've never owned or fired a Glock. This G44 may be my ticket into the dark side of polymer guns. (I'm a 1911 guy).

A question for you Glock guys; I've heard that Glock says you shouldn't shoot lead bullets in their polygonal rifled barrels. The web site shows this G44 to have that type of barrel.
If that is all true wouldn't that greatly limit what rimfire ammo one could use?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slam dunk for Glockers. Me, I just found out the latest Kadette will work on my CZ Omega Convertable, so that'll be coming after Christmas.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
I’m down to try one. The “hybrid polymer steel slide” should be interesting.

Some others use something like that, maybe even that hot little FN 5.7 IIRC.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I really like that! It's a decent sized pistol, so I don't know why they wouldn't have gone for a higher capacity mag.

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I really like that! It's a decent sized pistol, so I don't know why they wouldn't have gone for a higher capacity mag.

Looks like it’s the same size as the 19 which is awesome...

Public landowner...
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cinch
I see there will be one with a threaded barrel option... I'm going to snag one of those to try...

This might pique my interest.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Will likely be used in training for those who carry Glocks for duty or otherwise.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just when I "thought" I had all the pistols I needed

Dang, just DANG!..... This is COOL!!!!

Put me down for one!

I'll bet even my Wife will like this! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I've never owned or fired a Glock. This G44 may be my ticket into the dark side of polymer guns. (I'm a 1911 guy).

A question for you Glock guys; I've heard that Glock says you shouldn't shoot lead bullets in their polygonal rifled barrels. The web site shows this G44 to have that type of barrel.
If that is all true wouldn't that greatly limit what rimfire ammo one could use?

The gateway Glock!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll pass. Never been a Glock fan.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by woods_walker
In the G44 specs it indicates "coming January 20th". I am getting one.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bud's Gunshop has a limited Pre-Order list to sign up on. the first 500 people get them for $369......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This will make a perfect training companion for my Glock 19!

Plus, it'll fit the same holster!

Win-Win!

Virgil B.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Never owned a Glock.........this may be my first........

Using H&K & FN 40's right now

Walther P22's

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Frogman43; Thank you very much for that price verification.
I went to my local gun pawn shop yesterday to have them look up a price for one of these Model 44's but they were so busy with Christmas shoppers I never got to inquire.
I'll try again today.
Thanks again for that definitive price.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: That $369.00 figure is a long way from $500.00 by the way isn't it!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Not sure why not threaded from get go and just use the adapter like lost of others are that extends the barrel. Spending extra 150$+ for that sucks. Also curious why 10 rounds?? Plus why not make it MOE from word go for red dots??

Big question. Since it functions like every Glock per the videos I just watched, will it work with standard rimfire suppressors or will it require some type of piston since barrel is not stationary?? I have a dead air mask and that’s the only reason I want one

Despite what I see as flaws( I know it’s one persons opinion so for what it’s worth) I do thing it will be a homerun. Just feel it could have rolled out with more features that would have made it the Best Buy for a semi auto rimfire pistol.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'll tell you what, if you've never tried the smith and wesson m&p compact 22, you need to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm wondering if the "innerds" will be close enough to the same as other Glocks for a Ghost trigger link to work?

I know, I sure like the Ghost trigger link in my 19.

Virgil B.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Glock announced their new model 44 in 22lr today... looks interesting I think I'll have to try one out when they're available...

Looks nice. I'm sure I'll pick one up but will hold out for a MOS version so I can use a red-dot.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Looks nice. I'm sure I'll pick one up but will hold out for a MOS version so I can use a red-dot.

Oh nice I hadn’t thought of that...great idea...

Public landowner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
This will make a perfect training companion for my Glock 19!

Plus, it'll fit the same holster!

Win-Win!

Virgil B.

This!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Marketing genius, that is for sure.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cinch: Several of my friends have now heard of this new Glock offering in 22 L.R. and are intent on buying one - along with me!
I wonder if Glock is a publicly held company (sells stock in itself)?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Oh nice I hadn’t thought of that...great idea...

I wonder if the reduced power of a 22lr would prevent a MOS option?? No big deal because I love my Ruger 22s anyway but I'll still cross my fingers!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I wonder if the reduced power of a 22lr would prevent a MOS option?? No big deal because I love my Ruger 22s anyway but I'll still cross my fingers!

Just watched a lengthy review on TFB about it, and that is indeed the case. Said something about their main goal for now was reliability across the board with various 22 ammo manufacturers and loads and that to ensure such, the MOS wasn't there for now. They said that they normally spend 1-year developing a new pistol. Said they spent 3 years on this one to make sure that it had their "Glock reliability" even with 22 ammo. They said that is also why it is initially only offered with a single-stack 10-rd mag.

Oh, and the threaded barrel isn't available right now as a different version, you can just order the gun and then also order the extra barrel if you want a threaded one. At least for now.

Last edited by RyanTX; 12/18/19.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And, I guess that I wasn't in the initial 500 orders with Bud's to get it for $369, but I just reserved mine for $379 with them.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Not too bad a price...I’m going to get one on order with my ffl and see what’s up...

Public landowner...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Just watched a lengthy review on TFB about it, and that is indeed the case. Said something about their main goal for now was reliability across the board with various 22 ammo manufacturers and loads and that to ensure such, the MOS wasn't there for now. They said that they normally spend 1-year developing a new pistol. Said they spent 3 years on this one to make sure that it had their "Glock reliability" even with 22 ammo. They said that is also why it is initially only offered with a single-stack 10-rd mag.

Oh, and the threaded barrel isn't available right now as a different version, you can just order the gun and then also order the extra barrel if you want a threaded one. At least for now.

Glock deserves applause for going the extra mile to ensure reliability. Three times the normal development to be sure their product works, some competitors should feel embarrassed. That's not marketing in as much as a company that goes to that effort & gets proven will have a gun that sells itself. I love shooting 22's but some picky semi-auto pistols sure can take the fun out of things. I wish Glock all the best, if true to their statements, they've earned all the dollars they can make.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Glock deserves applause for going the extra mile to ensure reliability. Three times the normal development to be sure their product works, some competitors should feel embarrassed. That's not marketing in as much as a company that goes to that effort & gets proven will have a gun that sells itself. I love shooting 22's but some picky semi-auto pistols sure can take the fun out of things. I wish Glock all the best, if true to their statements, they've earned all the dollars they can make.

Well said, and I agree 100%.

Personally, I can't get excited about magazine capacity greater than 10, or the whole suppressor thing. I'm not planning on joining MOSSAD.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I can assure you when you run a rimfire suppressed it’s a beautiful thing. Bolt actions all you hear is firing pin and the bullet hitting target
No hearing protection needed. Pistols the action is the loudest thing

Has nothing to do with being tacticool for me, but I’m sure some guys it does.

If you haven’t tried it I would recommend you did.

I can understand the MOS if reliability isn’t there. Would rather have reliable function. 10 rounds I can live with.

Just don’t understand why they didn’t do the barrel threaded they way the m&p and Walther are. Uses a adapter that allows it to be run either way without a threaded barrel protruding past the end of slide if your not running suppressed. Extra 150$ for a threaded barrel sucks

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KevinJ: For many years (2+ decades!) I have hosted MANY out of state Varmint Hunters - they (as a group!) just LOVE suppressed Varmint guns.
I have shot many of their suppressed Varmint Guns from 308 Winchester bull barreled Rifles on down to 17 Mach2 pistols!
In the Varminting fields quieter is better - but I have not sprung for a suppressor of my own.
I am retired and get more than my share of Varmints and Varminting without going through the time, trouble and expense of obtaining suppressors and afixing them to MY Varminting guns.
Bottom line is I don't care if or if not the Glock Model 44 is "threaded".
I want to get my hands on a Model 44 before I put my dollars down.
Way to go Mr. Glock - I say.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Varmintguy. Totally agree. I’m still interested but wanna handle one and will wait till they bring out a model threaded as I do use suppressors quite a bit. Curious how reliable they will be

I would tell you the trouble isn’t much trouble when you use a knowledgeable class 3 dealer. Just a couple of signatures and basically it’s no different than buying a new gun in that sense. The wait sucks, but when it’s over it doesn’t feel like all that long. The extra tax stamp stings a little, but oh well.

They aren’t for everyone I know, just saying a very easy thing to do would have been to have the barrel threaded the way multiple other 22lr semi auto pistols are and recessed behind the slide and then all the owner needs is a cheap adapter to attach a suppressor. Best of both worlds.

I got my first suppressor for one reason. My oldest son was super blast/noise shy. Friend of mine let him shoot a suppressed 223 and it was not at all frightening to him. I was sold. He loves shooting with me now. Money well spent to me

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KevinJ: I got to handle my first Glock Model 44 in 22 L.R. today!
It is just SO cool!
It is extremely light-weight - and I looked that up - 14.5 ounces (IIRC!)!
The lightness of weight caused me to ask for permission to take down (disassemble) the Model 44.
The "innards" were extremely well finished and looked surprisingly like my centerfire Glocks (again, IIRC).
The asking price at the store I was in was $335.00 (no sales tax) and I came within a hair of buying it right then - I have a big gunshow coming up this weekend and there is a Rifle there that I have been interested in so I passed on the Glock Model 44 for now.
Come on first of the month (new allowance then!).
I also very much liked the sights on this model and I inserted a dummy round and tried the trigger - the trigger, was the trigger - not bad, not great!
The magazine was pleasingly designed and made, as far as I could tell - I forgot to ask if the factory Model 44 comes with more than one magazine?
Anyway I will have one within a month and will let you's all know how it fires,functions, feels etc.
Can't wait to hear what others think and how they shoot.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
They got some in here in town just recently ...I’ve got kids college books to buy then I’ll probably pick one up... thanks for the feedback VG...

Public landowner...
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm on a wait list. Gunshop told me they initially expected to get one Glock 44 in and then more as production ramps. So....I'm still waiting to get mine.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Same here. I got on the wait list today.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picked up mine yesterday!

Have only ran 20 rounds through it, so far.

It was drizzling rain a little, so I didn't shoot much.

My first 10 shots went a total of 3-1/4" off hand at ten paces

Had 8 in 2-1/4 " and pulled two shots. Point of impact was dead on

The second 10 were just shooting at chunks of broken clay pigeons.

Just point and shoot. I seemed to hit well with it, and am VERY pleased with my new Pistol.

Will wring it out more, when I get better weather.

It's so light, it feels like an empty squirt gun. I'm going to love packing this pistol!

One happy old goat here!

Virgil B.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's cool. Thanks for the report Virgil. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I picked mine up on Monday and today was my first chance to shoot it. I put 120 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet and 50 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt ammo through it. First impressions:

1. The magazines are easy to load, but be sure of following Glock's instructions to only lower the follower enough to insert one round at a time. Otherwise they will not stack correctly, especially the final 2 or 3 rounds. If you load the mags deliberately, all is fine.

2. It handles exactly like a G-19, except it only weighs 14.5 ounces empty.

3. The recoil is a bit snappy for a .22. It feels like you are shooting a real gun.

4. It shot exactly to point of aim at 20 yards. The bullets were hitting dead center for windage and an inch over the top of the front sight.

5. It kept EVERY shot within 2 inches at 20 yards when fired from a supported position.

6. I could ring steel with it every shot at 15 yards rapid fire.

7. There were NO malfunctions of any kind, right from the start. It doesn't seem to need a break-in period.

8. Where has this gun been all my life? It is a GREAT little pistol.

9. If I was ever going to pick a .22 handgun for defense (which I am not), THIS would be the one to pick. It would be a nice gun for Grandma to keep on the nightstand.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Got one this morning, ran about 50 rounds thru it, functioned like a Glock, more accurate than me.

Been shooting Glocks for 15 years as LEO, nothing better. Love the 22 LR.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Got one this am. Ran about 50 rds thru it, worked like a Glock, went bang every time. At least as accurate as me.

Always been a revolver fan (still am) but been shooting Glocks for 15 yrs as LEO, wouldn't want anything else for SHTF defense.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got on the wait list yesterday, got my G44 today.

Just as described. The trigger is at least as good as any of my other Glocks, maybe better.

I won''t get a chance to shoot it until Sat.

Paul

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Murkydismal: Thank you for that posting/information.
I also carried a Glock as a law enforcement type for the last 12 years of my 29 years of service - then I carried various Glocks for two private body guard companies for 15 more years.
I can find NO fault with the Glocks I have used, and own now - especially with the high capacity magazines and night sights..
I am off to a gunshow tomorrow and if things go right I will have my own Glock Model 44 in a week or so.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Paul39 thank you as well - I should have done my trigger testing - for more than just "one" pull on a snap-cap that i did - I hope the Glock 44 I get has a trigger as pleasing as yours - let us know how it shoots.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trigger pull was based on my early impression. Pretty subjective. I'll get a better sense after I shoot it. It does come with two mags.

The instructions mention nothing about how to adjust the rear sight. Strange. I get the impression that they are the same as the G34. I'll have to check those instructions.

Edit: The G34 instructions don't address it either. Weird. I'll just have to figure it out.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 01/24/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone was asking what kind of rifling this pistol was going to have?

My 67 year old eyes don't see fine detail well any longer.

I pulled my barrel and looked down it, and can see the twist in it.

It's not polygonal but is rather shallow.

Not conventional land and groove, but way smoother.

Don't know what to call it, but it works!

And, NO leading.

Virgil B.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can lead bullets be fired in the 44?

Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Someone was asking what kind of rifling this pistol was going to have?

My 67 year old eyes don't see fine detail well any longer.

I pulled my barrel and looked down it, and can see the twist in it.

It's not polygonal but is rather shallow.

Not conventional land and groove, but way smoother.

Don't know what to call it, but it works!

And, NO leading.

Virgil B.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Will likely be used in training for those who carry Glocks for duty or otherwise.

Hate to rain on the Love fest here but...

I had one of the advantage arms conversion kits, also I've handled the Glock G44 at a local dealer.

Both of the pistols are much lighter than the centerfire pistols, I feel that is a negative for training.

For about the same money you can get 2,000 to 3,000 rounds of 9mm shipped to your door.

YMMV,

Jerry

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/win...grain-fmj-steel-case-win9sv-p-81603.aspx

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/red...ains-fmj-steel-case-am3091-p-110243.aspx

Si vis pacem, para bellum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Paul39
Got on the wait list yesterday, got my G44 today.

Just as described. The trigger is at least as good as any of my other Glocks, maybe better.

I won''t get a chance to shoot it until Sat.

Paul

OK, I did get out to shoot on Sat., and I have to back off a bit from my initial enthusiasm about the trigger. I'm no expert, but do have other Glocks, and comparing them is a bit subjective. As to the trigger on this G44, meh, it's a Glock.

The real issue for me isn't the trigger by itself, but combined with the very light weight of the gun, makes this a difficult pistol to shoot accurately. Of course this is not a target pistol. To me it's main value is as an understudy for my G19, same configuration and manual of arms, same ergonomics except for the weight.

A couple of my neighbors recently got Taurus TX22s, which I have shot. To me they are more "shootable" than the G19. For a shooter just looking for a fun pistol. the G44 wouldn't be my first recommendation. There are a lot of .22s to choose from. For Glock guys like me, it's main attraction is that it's a Glock.

Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ran some CCI standard velocity 22LR through my Glock 44.

It didn't shoot as accurate as CCI Velocitor, or American Eagle.

The standard velocity is bare lead, and didn't lead the barrel.

You could hear a big difference in the sound of the two when firing.

All rounds are functioning 100% so far. Will be trying some CCI Stingers next.

I've got eye problems (plus being 67 years old) and the U shaped white outline on the back sight needed changed,

I took a black laundry marker and blacked out the bottom white line of the U. I'll see if this helps.

Gotta do more testing as weather permits.

Virgil B.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I too have old eyes (1939 vintage), but with surgery and the right glasses I can see pretty well, actually better than when I was younger. When fiber optic sights appeared, at first I thought it was another gimmick, a solution in search of a problem. However, I've come to appreciate them, as they just seem better for me than black or plain white dot sights. I'm going to put a FO front sight on my G44, just not sure which color tube, red or green, and the best width.

My gunsmith was at the range yesterday and we talked generally about what aftermarket trigger stuff might become available for the G44. Have to wait and see.

Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul39;

That's an excellent idea on the fiber optic front sight!

I had them on several lever actions over the years, and they work GREAT for my eyes!

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 01/27/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hate to burst you glock fan boys' bubbles here, but there are reports of the new "hybrid" poly slide cracking and the extractors flying out. Have fun...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bsa1917hunter: Could you direct me to some (or one!) of these reports.
You would think the usually very thorough and intelligent folks at "Glock" would have tested these Model 44's and NOT let a big batch of Model 44's out of the factory with your contended built in flaws?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by killerv
I'll tell you what, if you've never tried the smith and wesson m&p compact 22, you need to.

Kinda what I was thinking. I bought one ( M&P Compact), a couple or three years ago, for $279, at Whittakerguns, on a whim. It's been a very good little pistol. Same magazine capacity, same reliability, if not better, and it hasn't had any blown case rims like they're showing on youtube already.

Let's round it out, less costly, more reliable, and doesn't blow out cartridge rims. Sounds good to me.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I hate to burst you glock fan boys' bubbles here, but there are reports of the new "hybrid" poly slide cracking and the extractors flying out. Have fun...

A friend posted a few pics on Facebook yesterday. One cracked slide and one with what looked like a guide rod hanging out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not opinion, facts are showing the Glock 44 to be needing some help.

And FWIW, the lowly Taurus TX22 is kicking ass.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
.22 Plinkster on youtube claims that his new Glock .22 is unreliable with all of the 36gr ammo he tried running in it. All other weights cycled properly but he got one, two light rim strikes per magazine with multiple major brands of 36gr ammo.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
It's not opinion, facts are showing the Glock 44 to be needing some help.

And FWIW, the lowly Taurus TX22 is kicking ass.

I've seen pictures of one of those with a broken slide already, too. He had put a can on it, and screwed it down too tight, and the slide kept slapping the can and it snapped in two. I'll bet that isn't uncommon on ANY of the aluminum slide-ed guns like the SR-22 or M&P Smiths, if the user is the slightest bit careless. None of them are perfect, nothing is.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Early on the TX22 had a run of bad barrels.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Not sure why you would be happy about new Glock 44 owners getting guns with potential issues but to each his own. I ordered one and sure hope it's accurate, durable and reliable as it looks like a great option as a training aid for my Glock 19. I personally think a Ruger Mark II, III or IV would be a much better option if wanting to shoot suppressed......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'll just keep running my 4" Colt Woodsman.....damn thing is like the Energizer Bunny.....it keeps going, and going, and going...…. grin

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do the hybrid poly slides break on those, too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How's the Walther made S&W M&P .22 holding up? Those come in a full size and Compact version but I don't hear a lot of talk about them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Nebraska: Yikes, maybe I will hold off a bit on the purchase of the Glock Model 44 - I am trying to get some definitive information on this possible factory defect?
Speaking of Ruger MK-II's, MK-III's and MK-IV's I just bought another Ruger MK-II this weekend - it is the stainless heavy barrel model with 5 1/2" barrel.
I am sure I own at least a dozen Ruger MK's of all four variations/models - I shoot four or five of them and the others I just bought as investments and for posterity.
I plan on leaving each of the four VarmintChildren their own MK and those will be "hillary proof" guns - if you know what I mean!
I am still puzzled on the possibility that the folks at Glock sent out a pistol model that has NOT been thoroughly tested???
I am still stunned by the light weight and handy fit of this Model in my hands.
I could throw one in my day pack/back pack and a box of shells and not even notice it being there - I could fire "signal shots" all night with it! Let alone shooting the heads off of Grouse and such.
That is until the slide crumbles.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
How's the Walther made S&W M&P .22 holding up? Those come in a full size and Compact version but I don't hear a lot of talk about them.

The full size are contracted out to Walther...not the compact. The compacts are in house by Smith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
.22 Plinkster on youtube claims that his new Glock .22 is unreliable with all of the 36gr ammo he tried running in it. All other weights cycled properly but he got one, two light rim strikes per magazine with multiple major brands of 36gr ammo.

Just watched that yesterday. He didn't keep the one he tested; too many issues, not all about function, but rather the value received once the cost of a threaded barrel was factored in, plus the fact that he couldn't get it shooting to POA. His take seemed to be that it's a good choice for someone who wants a well-matched Glock 19 trainer.

If I were a Glocker, I'd be looking at conversion units if I wanted a good shooting .22.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mine is holding up fine, but the trigger is awful.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trigger on the TX22 is very good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did a quick search and from what I'm reading both models are hammer fired, not striker fired, so the feel of the trigger is going to be different from the center fire striker fired models. What's awful about it? Is it supposed to be a crisp single action type trigger and they blew the "crisp" part or did they try to mimic the staple gun feel of the center fire?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Just watched that yesterday. He didn't keep the one he tested; too many issues, not all about function, but rather the value received once the cost of a threaded barrel was factored in, plus the fact that he couldn't get it shooting to POA. His take seemed to be that it's a good choice for someone who wants a well-matched Glock 19 trainer.

If I were a Glocker, I'd be looking at conversion units if I wanted a good shooting .22.

I saw Plinksters 22's vid too. Aside from the demonstrated failures with 36gr ammo, his comments and demonstration of the magazine feed angle issues was not good either.

I was kinda horned-up for one of these Glock 44's. I've cooled my enthusiasm at least for now.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My wife's M&P 22 compact has a decent trigger, they are hammer fired and the first thing I noticed is almost no dud 22 shells, it eats everything I can remember trying. It's just not a trainer for my full sized M&P's but I like it on it's own design. I shot probably 2-3000 rounds through it and then gave it back to her but I shot it again Sunday and it's still a good shooter.

I still want a G44...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ditto on both and it would seem they still haven't conquered the barrel problem.

I like mine overall, the grip feels good, it feels like a full sized M&P wearing a small size backstrap and the trigger has a short let off. Accuracy is decent, nothing to write home about but for a plinker/practice pistol it does fine. But even though mine is a recently made pistol the barrel will still lead up after a couple hundred rounds.

I had it out a couple weeks ago and somewhere before two hundred rounds the accuracy definitely started falling off. Took it apart at home and the barrel had some moderately severe leading starting about halfway down. Didn't take much work with a brush to get it out but that's still not something that has happened with most any other .22 pistol I've ever owned.

Again, that said, I like it for what it is.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The trigger on my M&P Compact is pretty fair, not good, but better than my M&P 9mm by a long margin. All in all, it's a pretty good little gun, but the bore is a bit rough, it WILL lead up after a couple hundred rounds. I will say that I've never had a malfunction with it in the three years I've owned it (I can say the same about my SR-22 .4.5"), no issues, with any ammo I've tried in them, mostly HV stuff, like I shoot in most everything else

. I haven't tried many SV offerings, though. I will make it a point to try some subsonic ammo in them when the weather gets warmer. I might even hand-cycle some Quiets, if I get the notion.

SInce I've got those two pistols, I won't be buying a Glock, or the Taurus, for that matter (though the Taurus has an excellent feel to it, and the triggers seem excellent). I think I've got the light .22s covered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ditto on both and it would seem they still haven't conquered the barrel problem.

I like mine overall, the grip feels good, it feels like a full sized M&P wearing a small size backstrap and the trigger has a short let off. Accuracy is decent, nothing to write home about but for a plinker/practice pistol it does fine. But even though mine is a recently made pistol the barrel will still lead up after a couple hundred rounds.

I had it out a couple weeks ago and somewhere before two hundred rounds the accuracy definitely started falling off. Took it apart at home and the barrel had some moderately severe leading starting about halfway down. Didn't take much work with a brush to get it out but that's still not something that has happened with most any other .22 pistol I've ever owned.

Again, that said, I like it for what it is.

I inspected the barrel in my TX22 before purchase (2 weeks ago) and it looked very good. After 300ish rounds the barrel looks like the day I made the purchase. Suppose it can still turn to crap after a few hundred more.

The sights are OK but leave a bit to be desired. Have an extra Burris FFIII laying around so ordered a plate to give it a go.

Nice that the barrel comes threaded and with the suppressor adapter included.

Have one mag extension from Galloway which now converters a 16rd into a 20rd.

Seems to eat a variety of ammo with no hiccups.

Not much to not like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I checked mine with a borescope and don't see anything really nasty in there but obviously something's going on. I might give it a few dozen strokes with JB paste to see if that helps and if not might call Taurus support to see if they would send me a new barrel.

What mounting plate did you order for your Burris and where did you order it? I don't see an adapter specifically for the TX22 listed on the Burris website. The "adjustable" sights are pretty minimal, I had moved mine hard left and they popped back to center overnight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Do the hybrid poly slides break on those, too?

Naw….they aint gots one of those. It just goes bang, bang, bang when I pulls da trigger....LOL

Handy little sidearms they are. The gentlemen I bought it from many years ago, was dying of cancer and he knew it. He wanted someone to have it that would appreciate it. He "Sold" it to me for $100 with a Heiser shoulder holster and a little leather pouch with a mix/match of ammunition. He said he purchased it brand new from the Sporting Goods store he was working in at the time....told me it had accounted for countless Coons, Opossums, Grouse, Porkies and more than a few Deer when the chance arose! If that gun could talk, I'm sure it would have stories to tell!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever you do, don't post a pic. The grockers will keel over from the sheer beauty of John Moses' design. They're too used to looking at black plastic to handle the sight of one....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On second thought, post a pic of the Heiser. It'll drive the web gear bastids bonkers....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
On second thought, post a pic of the Heiser. It'll drive the web gear bastids bonkers....

Alas, but I wish I could. The Ex-wife tossed it in the garbage during our separation prior to divorce...….nuff said, right?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did a quick search and from what I'm reading both models are hammer fired, not striker fired, so the feel of the trigger is going to be different from the center fire striker fired models. What's awful about it? Is it supposed to be a crisp single action type trigger and they blew the "crisp" part or did they try to mimic the staple gun feel of the center fire?

Stiff, dragging, and heavy for the most part... had a bunch of new shooters trying a bunch of rf pistols and it was last choice of the bunch. They ranged from S&W 41 to Ruger LCP... mostly mid-range stuff. No one shot the M&P twice and several pistols stayed hot continuously for the duration.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Stiff, dragging, and heavy for the most part... had a bunch of new shooters trying a bunch of rf pistols and it was last choice of the bunch. They ranged from S&W 41 to Ruger LCP... mostly mid-range stuff. No one shot the M&P twice and several pistols stayed hot continuously for the duration.

This thread, which started out about the G44, has bounced around among various .22 pistols, and I'm too lazy to dissect the discussion points.

Sitka Deer, which pistol are you referring to as stiff, dragging, and heavy?

Paul

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not a Glock guy. If I decide I need a polymer 22, my choices will be M&P compact, Ruger SR, or even the Ruger LCR II 22LR. I think any of them will serve the same purpose, and be less expensive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

This thread, which started out about the G44, has bounced around among various .22 pistols, and I'm too lazy to dissect the discussion points.

Sitka Deer, which pistol are you referring to as stiff, dragging, and heavy?

Paul

The M&P.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not a Glock guy. If I decide I need a polymer 22, my choices will be M&P compact, Ruger SR, or even the Ruger LCR II 22LR. I think any of them will serve the same purpose, and be less expensive.

The Taurus TX22 has been an unexpected surprise (in a good way).

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Finally got to shoot my G44. Here's a link to how it went:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...14530412/my-glock-44-review#Post14530412

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ran over 500 rounds of CCI Blazer through the G44 this past weekend. First mag had a double feed on the first round, but it didn't look like it was seated properly (I didn't load that mag), The rest ran fine, no malfunctions. Was suppressed and a lot of fun to shoot. Needs a better trigger and sights, it's very light and a bit harder to shoot.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JB in SC: Thanks for your input.
Maybe I'll get back on the "band-wagon"?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Tim at the Military Arms Channel just posted his thorough review.

He used a wide variety of good ammo and only found 1 or 2 loads that were 100% reliable.

Not very impressive. It would make a great "trainer" for dealing with stoppages , though..

Last edited by jk16; 02/07/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taurus kicks Glock's ass. Funny

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forge Tec makes a nice holster and will customize to fit a red dot.

Extension, 19rds

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.