Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Discount Tire Pathfinder AT.

Hankook discontinued the Dynapro AT-M in favor of the AT-2.
Discount Tire bought the molds and has Hankook make them for their store brand.
I got 96000 miles on my first set of Dynapros and I’m hoping for the same performance from these.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We have had multiple sets of the now discontinued Hankook Dynapro ATM and they have been good.
(diesel F350 DRW)

Have a set of Toyo Open Country AT's on a pickup we don't use much, no opinion as only 2-3k miles on them.
(diesel F350 DRW)

And I'm about ready to get a third set of Cooper ST Maxx on my F350.
(diesel F350 SRW)

Figured I get about 35k miles which is about what we get with the Hankooks.

They aren't cheap, over $200 apiece here locally but I never rotate and rarely get a flat so I like 'em.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i run a fleet of trucks, 50/50 gravel roads, paved roads, with snow ice mud ect thrown in, have tried the brands mentioned in the thread, so far the falken AT and the MT tire has been the best overall, mileage, traction, flats and sidewall damage,, they have tough side wall, we average 48000-50000 miles per set, i buy 20 sets a year or so,,,,

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
One thing about the bfg’s, they make a DT version in select sizes that is not 3 peak mountain rated but is made to last a lot longer under a heavy truck. Make sure you know what version you are getting.

Good to know as I never got anywhere close to to the mileage claims of the BFG from above.

The place I get my Falkens from runs them on their trucks that get a lot of gravel time and are getting 60k out of them. I am over 40k on one set and they are looking good to 60k. 10 ply, and get a mix of highway, gravel, and towing.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Doood.....what is with the Billings deal?

Before my time I am sure....but WTF?

When Larry was there last summer they didn't honor his good consumer discount at Walmart and it apparently also pissed him off that The Billings Walmart that he visited was bigger than his home store in LALA land. And the CICI pizza was 6 blocks away from WalMart. A major logistics problem that he had to report to the other Larry in case he ever travels to Montana.

Some people are never happy unless they can stir over what makes them unhappy.

I like the Goodrich all-terrain tires for both road and off-road. But I don't farm/ranch or use them heavily off-road like some do.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BFG all terrains on both my 1 ton dually's that I use for my firewood business. In the bush everyday in some pretty nasty spots, never had a problem with puncture's, tearing, etc... There might be quieter and prettier tires, but they have been good to me.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Just installed these on the '05 Taco.....last month

LT265-75x16 Goodyear Ultra Terrains.....Discount Tire Direct

Black Friday deal....$1370 shipped with new wheels..road haz....new lugs......

after 15% DTD rebate.....sold old tires/wheels for $225....GY rebate of $60...final cost...$885

Anxious to see how they hold up......have busted KO2's (road debry) Cooper AT3's (rocks)

Other highly rated tires are the Falkin WP3's

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by k20350
I was in tires years back and you just cant go wrong all around with BFG All Terrains. If you rotate them they wear like iron. I had seen some with near 80k on them. Work well in snow, rain, ice. No matter what u buy ROTATE THEM. It makes a big difference

I get 80k per set on my Toyota Tacoma. I havent used another tire that strikes a perfect balance. Between wear,traction off road and traction on snow/ice.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to all for your posts on this one. You have been very educative and helpful. I had no bad experience with the Cooper tires but felt that I needed to see if there is something better for our current use. The decision came down to the three brands most recommended by this group and due to quick availability, price and good extras, I went to a local small shop and got the set of Hankooks - moved down to the 245 size - for out the door price of $855, including free lifetime rotation and repairs for any flats.. Immediately drove 40 miles on the freeway and all felt good - steering is even steadier, minimal tire noise and the truck seems to sit down on the road a bit better.

Thanks again.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
BFG All Terrain KO2. I get about 70,000 miles a set and wheel all the time. Have them on a my 4runner and Taco.

GOD Bless America
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had a set of Centennial Terra Commanders on a 1996 K1500 W/T that would go anywhere on the farm I pointed the truck. About $800 for the set.

Just put a set of Hercules Avalanche Xtreme on a 2005 diesel Dodge W2500 SRW. Have been pleased with them so far for traction and road noise. Run the truck about 5,000 miles per year. Planning to run these year round to see how long they last.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m running Yokohama Geolander 003. They’re considered an aggressive all terrain tire, but they look much like a mud tire. I only run 10 plys due to the crap I hunt in and how much I tow. I don’t like flats, especially in the middle of nowhere. I was afraid they’d be loud, but I’ve been really surprised. Others that have ridden in my truck have said the same thing. They aren’t overly expensive and they seem to wear really well. Just another option if you’re interested.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Even though we have a bunch of trucks - all about 50 years old except two - my recent tire buying experience has been limited to one 20 year old big Dodge, and have been running a set of Cooper ATs on it for quite a while.

Go to Coopers web site and check the various brands they manufacture.....I'm on my second set of "Mastercraft" and if I live long enough, I'll buy them again...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.