Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Former Attorney General Eric Holder was unequivocal in his criticism of William Barr, the current attorney general of the United States, in a searing op-ed published in The Washington Post on Wednesday.

Holder, who served as the country’s top law enforcement officer from 2009 to 2015 and as deputy attorney general from 1997 to 2001, accused Barr of shameless partisanship and of having behaved in a way that’s “fundamentally inconsistent with his duty to the Constitution.”

Barr is “incapable” of serving effectively as attorney general, Holder said.

“As a former U.S. attorney general, I am reluctant to publicly criticize my successors. I respect the office and understand just how tough the job can be,” Holder began his op-ed. “But recently, Attorney General William P. Barr has made a series of public statements and taken actions that are so plainly ideological, so nakedly partisan and so deeply inappropriate for America’s chief law enforcement official that they demand a response from someone who held the same office.”

Former AG Eric Holder explains how AG William Barr’s blind loyalty to Trump breaches his duty to serve the people and the Constitution: https://t.co/Ebv9YdbhvD

— Barb McQuade (@BarbMcQuade) December 12, 2019

Holder went on to lay out a number of events in which he said Barr had acted inappropriately.

Last month, Barr delivered a speech at a Federalist Society event in Washington, in which he’d accused “the other side” of “the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law” in their censure of President Trump. In those remarks, Barr “exposed himself as a partisan actor, not an impartial law enforcement official,” Holder said.

Later in that same speech, Barr “made the outlandish suggestion that Congress cannot entrust anyone but the president himself to execute the law,” Holder continued.

Barr said: “If Congress attempts to vest the power to execute the law in someone beyond the control of the president, it contravenes the Framers’ clear intent to vest that power in a single person, the president.”

“This is a stunning declaration not merely of ideology but of loyalty: to the president and his interests. It is also revealing of Barr’s own intent: to serve not at a careful remove from politics, as his office demands, but as an instrument of politics — under the direct ‘control’ of President Trump,” Holder wrote.

The former attorney general, who served in both the Obama and Clinton administrations, also excoriated Barr for suggesting in a recent interview with NBC News that the FBI may have acted in “bad faith” when it launched a probe into whether Trump’s presidential campaign colluded with Russia during the 2016 election.

Following the release of the NBC interview, Holder penned a note of encouragement to the men and women of the FBI, as well as the Department of Justice.

“Stay strong, keep the faith, be true to the oath you have sworn,” Holder wrote on Twitter, adding: “The era of Trump and Barr will pass ― their slander, insults and lies will end.”

To the men and women of DOJ/FBI: stay strong, keep the faith, be true to the oath you have sworn, be secure in the knowledge that you have the support of the American people. The era of Trump and Barr will pass-their slander, insults and lies will end. We respect & believe in you

— Eric Holder (@EricHolder) December 11, 2019

In his op-ed, Holder reminded readers that the attorney general’s “ultimate loyalty” should lie not in the president personally, “nor even to the executive branch, but to the people — and the Constitution — of the United States.”

“Virtually since the moment he took office, though, Barr’s words and actions have been fundamentally inconsistent with his duty to the Constitution,” Holder wrote. “Which is why I now fear that his conduct — running political interference for an increasingly lawless president — will wreak lasting damage.”

“He is unfit to lead the Justice Department,” Holder concluded.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/eric-holder-william-barr-unfit-to-be-attorney-general-101036831.html

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who GAF what gopher-face sez???

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So you are all in for that lowlife? Holder was put in contempt of congress for a reason.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I watched that video of Barr earlier and was thinking the same thing... thanks for posting

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You mean the same guy that was held in contempt of congress..............Yeah right.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fu^ck the treasonous POS, in the azz no less.

He belongs in prison or worse...............at the very least.

MM

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scumbags,such as Holder,will tell any lie to undermine our nation and protect their own ass, under the guise of respecting our constitution.

May these Demonrat/liberal/Commies/pedos burn in hell for their acts of treason .

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"The pot calling the kettle black"?

Once again, they always accuse their opponent of doing what they're doing, or have done.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
"The pot calling the kettle black"?

Once again, they always accuse their opponent of doing what they're doing, or have done.

Romans 2:1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rte
Scumbags,such as Holder,will tell any lie to undermine our nation and protect their own ass, under the guise of respecting our constitution.

May these Demonrat/liberal/Commies/pedos burn in hell for their acts of treason .

My perpetual thoughts, exactly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Barr is unfit according to Holder a corrupt racist pos that refused to prosecute New Black Panthers for armed voter intimidation at a voting booth because ... "they are my people".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hello, Pot? This here's the kettle, you're black.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Holder, the international gun-runner, would do best to keep himself quiet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Barr is unfit according to Holder a corrupt racist pos that refused to prosecute New Black Panthers for armed voter intimidation at a voting booth because ... "they are my people".

And don't forget, he's "Mr. Fast & Furious Holder."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ethan Edwards: The racist negro know as "earache holder" would NOT make a pimple on Attorney General Bill Barr's ass!
That high yellow son of a bitch (earache holder!) should be in jail!
Sheesh.
What next, the bulldagger known as "the hildabeast" claiming that Mrs. Donald J.Trump is "unfit" to be First Lady?
The hypocrisy, deceit and arrogance of this last decades hoarde of demonrats is boundless and horrific.
FM!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is that anything like the black callin' the kettle a pot?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Holder, the international gun-runner, would do best to keep himself quiet.

Agreed. He has no room to talk. When Obama turned fast Holder got a nose bleed. Talk about one crooked commie ba$tard. Who was giving guns to the cartels? He needs to be in Jail.

Jim

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Criticism by holder is a ringing endorsement of someone doing the correct thing.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Is that a case of the black calling the kettle...?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,767
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.