Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Shot the 7.5 in.pistol the other day and it is over gassed.

The brass is coming out around 1-2 o'clock and it does seem to have more recoil than others that have been shot.

Got to the shop to clean it,pulled the handguard off and the gas block was loose.

While there i measured the port and it measured .110.

Way to large by far.

Looks like it was a screw up and needs an adjustable gas block.

Now the question is what one.

Friend has a Seekins and he says it works well.

Any others to look at?

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
For set and forget, JP works well

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whose barrel? It probably wasn’t a screw up, except that the way they intentionally made it is screwed up.

If you just want to reduce the size of the port I’d call BRT and get a ported has tube from them. Much easier and cheaper. I tried one recently and have been happy with it.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/concrete5/store/#!/Adjustable-Gas-Drive/c/6464009/offset=0&sort=normal

Is the barrel dimpled for a gas block set screw?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes it has a set screw block on it now.

Will read up on these mentioned so far.

One thing i have noticed is the wide range of prices.

I don't have a clue who made this upper but will try to find out.

Last edited by plainsman456; 12/12/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odin's tunable gas block works OK for a gun that isn't changed much for different ammo.

Never used a Seekins, but the price is right, most of what he does is good & a few guys on here like them; I use mostly SLR but they are too expensive for what you need it for on that gun.

MM

IC B2

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
The $60 Seekins adjustable gas block works really well for a set and forget setup. For that style block, I can't see a reason to spend any more than that unless the Seekins is out of stock.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe take a look at one of these :

https://www.ar15handguard.com/gas-block-750-adjustable-low-profile-steel-gas-block-clamp-on-ar15/

I've installed several, maybe not Seekins or JP quality, but the ones I've used seem to hold up just fine, and one set and locked in, work just fine, at least for my purposes.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When looking for adjustable gas blocks look for one that is adjustable from the front of the block. Otherwise you have to leave the handguard off until your done adjusting and if you need to make any further adjustments you will have to take the handguard off again.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by BluMtn
When looking for adjustable gas blocks look for one that is adjustable from the front of the block. Otherwise you have to leave the handguard off until your done adjusting and if you need to make any further adjustments you will have to take the handguard off again.

Not really. I much prefer the side adjustable models myself, and adjust them without removing the handguard.

Depends on your handguard of course, but with most modern handguards you've got a pretty good chance of accessing the set screw from the side without any trouble. If the screw doesn't line up with an opening in the handguard, I just put a small hole there.

With the front-adjust style, I've had trouble with them being restricted to the extra long hex wrenches to be able to reach the block, unless your handguard ends very close to the gas block. If you don't happen to have the right extra long wrench, you're pretty much hosed unless you remove the handguard.

Neither is perfect, but the side adjust style is by far more preferable to me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,759 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.