Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I was watching a show for a few minutes the other night. Expedition Bigfoot I think it was called taking place in Oregon. In it the researchers interviewed a lady who was supposed to be some type of outdoor expert. She said she saw bigfoot and 3 bears while out in the mountains. She said 2 of the 3 bears she saw were definitely grizzlies. Who knew. I didn't know there were any in Oregon. I hope the grizzlies make their way down to California too.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But you're okay with her Bigfoot identification?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's what happens when one doesn't get their flu shot.

Delirium

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
We have those quacks running through our mountains all the time.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
But you're okay with her Bigfoot identification?

Now this is just plain funny.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
In ‘67 there were no Griiz in Idaho either. Officially.

But we on USF’s trail crew in the StJoe knew there must be at least 4 when we jumped a sow with twins up on Cemetary Ridge. No doubt whatsoever what they were at 200 yards with binoculars for about 10 minutes viewing.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Now Bigfoot......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
In ‘67 there were no Griiz in Idaho either. Officially.

But we on USF’s trail crew in the StJoe knew there must be at least 4 when we jumped a sow with twins up on Cemetary Ridge. No doubt whatsoever what they were at 200 yards with binoculars for about 10 minutes viewing.

Not too hard for me to believe. What it that , 100-150 miles from the Canadian Border?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only grizzly in Oregon are in the zoo.. I wouldn't doubt in NE and the Northern Cascades of Washington there are a few grizzly,

As far a bigfoot, he can be found hanging around the magic mushroom patches.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The only grizzly in Oregon are in the zoo.. I wouldn't doubt in NE and the Northern Cascades of Washington there are a few grizzly,

As far a bigfoot, he can be found hanging around the magic mushroom patches.

Your lady sentence nailed it.

NRA Patron
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I was watching a show for a few minutes the other night. Expedition Bigfoot I think it was called taking place in Oregon. In it the researchers interviewed a lady who was supposed to be some type of outdoor expert. She said she saw bigfoot and 3 bears while out in the mountains. She said 2 of the 3 bears she saw were definitely grizzlies. Who knew. I didn't know there were any in Oregon. I hope the grizzlies make their way down to California too.

There are certainly no DOCUMENTED grizzlies in Oregon. There are local rumors here and there of bears with humps. My suspicion is misidentification but that's not a certainty. I've spent some time tracking down the sources of some of the rumors. I'm told that ODFW was involved in the release of a problem male grizzly (captured out of state) somewhere near Crater Lake NP. And, just as grizzly / polar bear crosses are rare but exist, grizzly / black bear crosses have occurred. So .. a string of maybes, but not out of the question. The thing that leads me to discount it, more than improbability, is behavior. Bad grizzlies are bad grizzlies. There should be a pattern of torn up cabins and / or encounters with humans if an already bad grizzly were dropped in the area. There is also the possibility of a bear going for a long walk .. similar to the one that wolf OR-7 went on before establishing the Rogue Pack (where DID the female come from, anyway?).

I have a few trail cam pictures of a very blond bear. Unlike the blonde-phase black bears I've seen, this little gal has a very long, shaggy blonde outer coat. (Short black hair on her face and a black undercoat.) She's in the right place if the story about ODFW is true.

So, though I doubt the report is accurate, it is not completely impossible.

Bigfoot .. different story. I sure HOPE they are real, 'cause I've seen 2, almost 40 years apart, and if they aren't real, that creates a serious problem for me. I can tell you for sure there was no possibility of mis-identification in either case, too close, too clear. So if bigfoot doesn't exist, I'm either lying to you or I've got some sort of mental illness. You have 3 choices to pick from. smile (I don't really care which you pick, "truth" isn't a matter of vote.)

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I also as a teen saw an extinct species in NoDak. Didn’t know what it was tho could not I’d it with resources I had. 10 years or so later I could from the NG article on the rediscovery of the “extinct”. Black footed ferret.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife and I worked at a facility where an extinct frog was "rediscovered".

Geno

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
Pictures would be nice! Especially if I were out looking for such a beast, I would bring a camera with me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Irrefutable that there're UBOs, unidentified brown objects, in the woods of Oregon. It's true.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
My wife and I worked at a facility where an extinct frog was "rediscovered".

Geno

The bitches at OSU were Professing something absurd like 200 species were going extinct daily worldwide. Of course that included about 199.9999 species that were unknown at the time of the statement! No joke.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_O_M
" ... Bigfoot .. different story. I sure HOPE they are real, 'cause I've seen 2, almost 40 years apart, and if they aren't real, that creates a serious problem for me. I can tell you for sure there was no possibility of mis-identification in either case, too close, too clear. So if bigfoot doesn't exist, I'm either lying to you or I've got some sort of mental illness. You have 3 choices to pick from. smile (I don't really care which you pick, "truth" isn't a matter of vote.)

Tom

Tom, I do not know if you have seen any of this man's videos but they are interesting, regarding Sasquatch, Bigfoot, etc. He was born and raised in northern British Columbia, still lives there, and has been hunting, etc., in that remote B.C. wilderness since he was a kid. He has been a professional hunting guide there for many years. He is a firm believer in the beings called "Sasquatch."

Take a look when you have time.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
^^^^ I have followed him a bit. I'm no longer sure what to think.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a collared grizzly here that went on a little walkabout one year and covered 2100 miles in a big loop through the Bob Marshall over to Missoula into Idaho, returned through N. Idaho and went back into the wilderness were she belonged.
So anything is possible

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very doubtful, but people have great imaginations.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

540 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.