Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner
The facts are there. How about a rational evaluation of them instead of denial and distraction.

We're still waiting for the "facts".........?

So's he.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Here's how I see the "facts"

Witness: He did it, everyone was in the loop, we all knew it to be true.
Questioner: Ok, how did you know it to be true?
Witness: Because everyone knew it to be true, after all I heard someone say they were told they heard he said it on a phone call?
Questioner: Were you in the room listening to teh call?
Witness: No
Questioner: Was the person who told you in the room?
Questioner: Did Trump ever tell you?
Witness : No
Questioner: Have you ever met Trump?
Questioner: So if nobody heard him say it, how do you know he said it?
Witness: Because everyone knows he said it, so he must have

Ummmmm, like talking to one of my kids when they were 3.

Pretty well sums it up...excellent analogy too.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
^^^ Yup.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

That turd Paul Ryan gave away the House. I held my nose voting for McCain and Ryan, I did it without much conviction.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
CO-equal branches of Government........... they are anything but equal!

These guys are bafoons.................

Every time I hear co-equal from the left it makes me want to puke.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a single crime is cited in the Articles of Impeachment.

Not a single first-hand account of any crime or misdeed was presented during the hearings, only suppositions and hearsay.

The Dems have been caught lying on the Floor about what Trump said on the phone call, and editing testimony and video of Trump, to materially alter what was said.

This is bullschiff, from start to finish, and only serves to illustrate what foul, corrupt, bitter, unscrupulous liars the Democrats are, and the lengths they'll go to to gain power. It's also exposing how much contempt Washington insiders, the media, the entertainment industry, professional sports, and academia have for ordinary citizens, whom they regard as unfit to be allowed to determine the makeup of our representative government, that is to say, vote.

No matter how many times the lies of the Dems are repeated, they remain lies, and won't wear us down, because we've had enough of this schiff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Squidge
Honest answer, the evidence is both circumstantial and pretty strong that Trump did something that he shouldn't have. Is it enough to impeach the President? With that said, we need to have Bolton, Mulvaney, and Pompeo to testify under oath to what the know, it's the only way know for certain exactly what the facts are. Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had ordered the State department not to give any Congressional testimony or documents to Congress regarding Benghazi? Would he have been impeached?

Flame suit on! 😄

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
.................... Squidge...............Honest answer back to ya....Circumstantial evidence whether it be strong, medium or light along with the OPINION that Trump did something that he should not have,,,,,is not grounds for impeachment. You are correct.

Ok then.....Turnabout is fair play......Along with Bolton, Mulvaney and Pompeo to testify under oath as to what they know,,,then how abouts calling to testify under oath as well Adam Schiff, the so called WHISTLE BLOWER, Hunter Biden, the Ukraine officials who stated no pressure and no PRID PRO QUO and actual and true EXPERTS on the Constitution such as ooooh like say Mark Levin, Jay Sekulow, Greg Jarrett, Alan Dershowitz?? NOT THREE TRUMP HATING BIASED LIBERAL PROFESSOR HACKS who all donated to the DNC.

If the demCRAPS had LEGIT evidence under the Constitution of crimes committed by Trump, then why the closed door hearings by Schiff WITH NO DUE PROCESS accorded the POTUS???

If the demCRAPS had a great case beyond all reasonable doubt and justified under the guise of the US Constitution that in fact Trump committed impeachable offenses, then WHY the closed door hearings with NO rights of due process accorded the POTUS?

If the dems had the goods beyond all reasonable doubt, they would have done their best to EXPOSE FULLY the crimes of the POTUS in OPEN HEARINGS!!

Right or wrong, the House used the same rules and procedures that were set up by Republicans to investigate Benghazi, this time the investigation is focused on the Ukraine aid package.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1. The call transcript was released. Nothing there.

2. No aid was withheld.

It is all a steaming bag of feces.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all made much more complicated than it needs to be. Applying federal rules of procedure, civil or criminal, take your pick, there is almost no evidence which would be admissible in a court of law and what would be admissible is so ethereal that it could not sustain proof of the allegations by a preponderance of the evidence much less beyond a reasonable doubt.

The Shiffs and Nadlers of this world claim it doesn't matter, impeachment is a purely political device. That is a lie which should be obvious to anyone that can read. The Constitution mentions things like high crimes and misdemeanors trial, conviction, chief justice sitting as a judge, etc. Sounds like a legal proceeding to me. In fact impeachment is roundly held to be a quasi-legal proceeding.

So what? Being quasi-legal none of that court stuff matters. That's the big lie. Why do we have the Bill of Rights? Why have rules of procedure such as the hearsay rule, why those technicalities that allow criminals to escape prosecution? These laws express the American notion of fundamental fairness, freedom from being enthralled to a kingly government. That is a government that can roll over anybody like a tank for any reason or no reason at all. That was the genisis of the Bill of Rights. King Georgie III was doing all kinds of nasty things to suppress the colonists. Offend Georgie (or one of his minions) and go to jail and die. And the definition of fundamental fairness continues through new laws and Supreme Court cases such as Silverthorne Lumber which prohibits the admission of illegally obtained evidence. (fruit of the poisonous tree)

So while perhaps not directly applicable, nobody really knows, the fundamental rights which we see in court proceedings most certainly are relevant in impeachment proceedings as an expression of fundamental fairness as demanded by the American people.

So when evaluating evidence be mindful of what would be admissable on court. It's only fair.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The whole thing boils down to,...did Trump suggest a quid pro quo on aid supplied to Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into the Biden's illegal activities there?

It doesn't sound like he did. But even if he did it would be standard operating procedure that's been going on since the beginning of time.

American foreign aid *always* comes with contingencies,...and it's only proper that it does.

It's an investigation that's intended to impress the stupid element in America,...and I'm sad to say that there's a *lot* of extremely stupid Americans.

Example of Quid Pro Quo: Joe Biden having Ukrainian Prosecutor Fired while withholding funds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE7PwqmzSu0

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Did I miss where the OP brought up any facts?

Okay, I'll state two of them.

1) Trump asked foreign entities to interfere in our democratic process, numerous times, and publicly. This can not be denied. This is an impeachable offense.

2) Trump committed congressional obstruction against the Constitutional oversight the House has over the Executive, by blocking subpoenas. This has been very public and can not be denied.

These are facts.

Like others have said, the second point above denied access to more facts and evidence of additional offenses. If you're not satisfied with the amount of evidence, it is because of this. To any impartial person, how could they not see the defense strategies of the Trump and the GOP as those of a guilty party?

Another fact: I identify more as a conservative but I am having a really hard time supporting my party when it fights against accountability.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The facts are there. How about a rational evaluation of them instead of denial and distraction.

You guys notice the OP wants to have a discussion and then disappears?

I don't know if someone hacked this account or another sleeper troll has been activated. Up until today, his posts have largely been about left handed rifles and bullets. He never seems to post on the General forum, so what's up?

He's not here for a discussion, or else he'd be discussing with the other members. The post is classic passive-aggressive agitation. He tells us
"The facts are there"
He doesn't want any "denial and distraction".

Troll here has made up his mind and wants a little "in your face time".

Sorry Mr. HIt and Run Troll, be you a hacked account or sleeper troll. We are on to you.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The whole thing boils down to,...did Trump suggest a quid pro quo on aid supplied to Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into the Biden's illegal activities there?

It doesn't sound like he did. But even if he did it would be standard operating procedure that's been going on since the beginning of time.

American foreign aid *always* comes with contingencies,...and it's only proper that it does.

It's an investigation that's intended to impress the stupid element in America,...and I'm sad to say that there's a *lot* of extremely stupid Americans.

You summed it up nicely Bristoe. But, apparently just bringing up Joe Biden's name was enough for the democrats to screem "impeachment" for quid pro quo. Nancy, Schiff and the rest of the democrats are only doing this to impress their left wing lunatic voters. It's the political elites against the rest of America.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

1) Trump asked foreign entities to interfere in our democratic process, numerous times, and publicly. This can not be denied. This is an impeachable offense.

2) Trump committed congressional obstruction against the Constitutional oversight the House has over the Executive, by blocking subpoenas. This has been very public and can not be denied.

These are facts.

Like others have said, the second point above denied access to more facts and evidence of additional offenses. If you're not satisfied with the amount of evidence, it is because of this. To any impartial person, how could they not see the defense strategies of the Trump and the GOP as those of a guilty party?

Another fact: I identify more as a conservative but I am having a really hard time supporting my party when it fights against accountability.

While I'm here I'll dispute that.

1) look up satire, then hyperbole. Those statements are equivocal, they cannot be made into substantial proof of anything. Other than Trump can be a smartass.

2) How dare Trump avail himself of judicial process! Trump obstructed not only Congress but justice itself (in the definitive abuse of power) by denying the allegations in the first place. (An example of a satirical comment BTW)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

These are facts.

Wrong, wrong and you are most certainly a very misinformed individual.

Have you not ever heard of Executive Privilege? Executive privilege is the right of the president of the United States and other members of the executive branch to maintain confidential communications under certain circumstances within the executive branch and to resist some subpoenas and other oversight by the legislative and judicial branches of government in pursuit of particular information or personnel relating to those confidential communications. The right comes into effect when revealing information would impair governmental functions. Neither executive privilege nor the oversight power of Congress is explicitly mentioned in the United States Constitution.[1] However, the Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that executive privilege and congressional oversight each are a consequence of the doctrine of the separation of powers, derived from the supremacy of each branch in its own area of Constitutional activity

The POTUS has every right and duty to negotiate on the countries behalf when aid is to be granted to other countries. In the case of Ukraine, it is actually a law that he must determine from the President of the Ukraine if corruption exists within that country that could deter aid being used in the capacity it was offered.

The POTUS is also the top cop in the US. When and if he hears of things like the Biden corruption, he has every right and again, a duty by law, to act and have purported crimes investigated and prosecuted if confirmed criminal.

Those the facts. Here's another. You are drinking lieberal koolaide. Get help soon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

These are facts.

1) that's a LIE. Not in the transcript, or elsewhere. The President of Ukraine denies any pressure was applied, and also that the ambassador ever discussed it with him as he alleges.

2) Trump has a constitutional right to Executive Privilege. Where there's a difference of opinion about what that covers, either party can go to court to settle the dispute. Standard procedure, except when whiny-ass Dems refuse to wait for the process to play out as designed.

You're either a complicit liar, or a spoon-fed stooge of the Left. Your schitt doesn't float here.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You want honesty? You people elect some obnoxious, stupid MF's. (Watching the hearing.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If Trump has done every single thing the commies have accused him of, I still prefer him to any candidate the commies have stuck out front.

In other words,...I don't care.

Until a hard core Nationalist comes along, I'll take Trump.

Neocons and commies aren't an acceptable substitute.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
All Democrats involved in this charade need to be 'policed up' and charged with sedition and treason for attempting to overthrow the government!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Honest answer, the evidence is both circumstantial and pretty strong that Trump did something that he shouldn't have. Is it enough to impeach the President? With that said, we need to have Bolton, Mulvaney, and Pompeo to testify under oath to what the know, it's the only way know for certain exactly what the facts are. Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama had ordered the State department not to give any Congressional testimony or documents to Congress regarding Benghazi? Would he have been impeached?

Flame suit on! 😄

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
.................... Squidge...............Honest answer back to ya....Circumstantial evidence whether it be strong, medium or light along with the OPINION that Trump did something that he should not have,,,,,is not grounds for impeachment. You are correct.

Ok then.....Turnabout is fair play......Along with Bolton, Mulvaney and Pompeo to testify under oath as to what they know,,,then how abouts calling to testify under oath as well Adam Schiff, the so called WHISTLE BLOWER, Hunter Biden, the Ukraine officials who stated no pressure and no PRID PRO QUO and actual and true EXPERTS on the Constitution such as ooooh like say Mark Levin, Jay Sekulow, Greg Jarrett, Alan Dershowitz?? NOT THREE TRUMP HATING BIASED LIBERAL PROFESSOR HACKS who all donated to the DNC.

If the demCRAPS had LEGIT evidence under the Constitution of crimes committed by Trump, then why the closed door hearings by Schiff WITH NO DUE PROCESS accorded the POTUS???

If the demCRAPS had a great case beyond all reasonable doubt and justified under the guise of the US Constitution that in fact Trump committed impeachable offenses, then WHY the closed door hearings with NO rights of due process accorded the POTUS?

If the dems had the goods beyond all reasonable doubt, they would have done their best to EXPOSE FULLY the crimes of the POTUS in OPEN HEARINGS!!

Right or wrong, the House used the same rules and procedures that were set up by Republicans to investigate Benghazi, this time the investigation is focused on the Ukraine aid package.

Not true, I see you are just another leftist lying POS, go [bleep] yourself.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,979 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.