Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you don't know Joel's work you should check him out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
10/4

Several years ago I contacted Joel and commissioned a knife. Once I and a maker agree on the style, and composition, I do not change anything, nor do I constantly contact them to get updates.My memory is suspect these days but it was probably two years before I heard that he had had a fire and or was not making knives. I happened to score this one here.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Its a sweetie-pie.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If anyone’s looking, I’ve got one real similar to the blue model MCH posted above. Black, bead blasted, i think. I’ll part with...

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes I believe the fire and he changed jobs. I am not sure but I thought he was back at it. I could be wrong. I hope he is back up and running. He is a really good guy and his work is great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he is back to making knives I'd be glad to get on his list!! I only have one of his and it was given to me as a gift. I think its the only one Joel did like this.

Its works really well.
[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
If he is back to making knives I'd be glad to get on his list!! I only have one of his and it was given to me as a gift. I think its the only one Joel did like this.

Its works really well.

Dandy!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Its works really well.

Looks to me like his Sig's Buoy 9"

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
His e-mail is infojoelclarkknives.com Give him a shout!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not my style, but if you're happy, I'm happy.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Its works really well.

Looks to me like his Sig's Buoy 9"

That would be correct- its named after my dad Siegfried - Sig for short. He loved to fish fall salmon on the Columbia in an area known as "Buoy 10".

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buoy 10 Can be lights out

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope Joel is making knives again.
I'd ordered 2 from him probably 4 or 5 years ago and he moved on the meantime and left me know it might be a while, but its been a long time. I guess I need to check in with him, I thought he never started back up again

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
So in short, this guy says he'll make a bunch of guys knives, but never delivers. Sign me up for some of that [bleep].

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
So in short, this guy says he'll make a bunch of guys knives, but never delivers. Sign me up for some of that [bleep].

I don't know about him leaving anyone hanging, he has always delivered for me. I highly doubt he left anyone hanging, he ran into some hard times with the fire and changing work. I would like to hear one person say that Joel took their money and didn't deliver.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have no hard feelings towards Joel at all. Life got in the way, I guess. But if he is making knives again it would be nice if he would touch base.

MCH, I'm suprised to see you singing the praises of Paul Bos heat treated S30V since you have been posting so much of the upper limits like the work triple B is turning out

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pauls knows how to heat treat the stuff that has been around. I wouldn't use them for the newer stuff. I have nothing against them, you know what you are getting from them. I don't think they would be cost effective in delivering outside of the spec sheet on the high end steels.

Triple B, Phil Wilson, kknives_Switzerland, and a few others are just in a league all their own. I realize their knives aren't for everyone. But for a guy looking for the pinnacle of performance in a knife designed to be used not abused they are your huckleberry!

I have drawers full of knives in S30V, ATS34, 154CM, and a few others.

Hell I even have some Love for this garbage!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dude270
I have no hard feelings towards Joel at all. Life got in the way, I guess. But if he is making knives again it would be nice if he would touch base.

MCH, I'm suprised to see you singing the praises of Paul Bos heat treated S30V since you have been posting so much of the upper limits like the work triple B is turning out

Are you saying that you paid him for a knife he never delivered? Because IF that is the case then I agree with what Girlhunter said. But if you only ordered as in are on his books without payment, I don't see a big deal. If I were you I would send him an e-mail or even message him on here. But I think you should clear the air on exactly what the case was.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No, I never said I sent money to Joel, that would be a different story.

As i said, i have no problem with how things went, he had some issues and i get it. I didn't know he was even making knives again, if he is I'll touch base with him

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I asked Rick Menefee twice to put my name on his list and he acknowledged that he did. That was probably six or seven years ago. Never heard from him. I have owned several Menefee knives bought here on the classifieds. Good knives, however I moved them all on except for one folder. I don't care one way or another, Menefee doesn't make anything special that other makers don't do as well. Ingram and May have always been reliable in their communication and make great knives for me.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I ordered 2-3 knives from Joel years ago and never got them...he contacted me eventually and asked if I still wanted them...I told him yes and haven’t heard from him since...

Public landowner...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (270winchester, 19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 31 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.