Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll pass. Never been a Glock fan.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by woods_walker
In the G44 specs it indicates "coming January 20th". I am getting one.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bud's Gunshop has a limited Pre-Order list to sign up on. the first 500 people get them for $369......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This will make a perfect training companion for my Glock 19!

Plus, it'll fit the same holster!

Win-Win!

Virgil B.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Never owned a Glock.........this may be my first........

Using H&K & FN 40's right now

Walther P22's

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Frogman43; Thank you very much for that price verification.
I went to my local gun pawn shop yesterday to have them look up a price for one of these Model 44's but they were so busy with Christmas shoppers I never got to inquire.
I'll try again today.
Thanks again for that definitive price.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: That $369.00 figure is a long way from $500.00 by the way isn't it!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Not sure why not threaded from get go and just use the adapter like lost of others are that extends the barrel. Spending extra 150$+ for that sucks. Also curious why 10 rounds?? Plus why not make it MOE from word go for red dots??

Big question. Since it functions like every Glock per the videos I just watched, will it work with standard rimfire suppressors or will it require some type of piston since barrel is not stationary?? I have a dead air mask and that’s the only reason I want one

Despite what I see as flaws( I know it’s one persons opinion so for what it’s worth) I do thing it will be a homerun. Just feel it could have rolled out with more features that would have made it the Best Buy for a semi auto rimfire pistol.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'll tell you what, if you've never tried the smith and wesson m&p compact 22, you need to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm wondering if the "innerds" will be close enough to the same as other Glocks for a Ghost trigger link to work?

I know, I sure like the Ghost trigger link in my 19.

Virgil B.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Cinch
Glock announced their new model 44 in 22lr today... looks interesting I think I'll have to try one out when they're available...

https://plink44.com

Looks nice. I'm sure I'll pick one up but will hold out for a MOS version so I can use a red-dot.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Glock announced their new model 44 in 22lr today... looks interesting I think I'll have to try one out when they're available...

Looks nice. I'm sure I'll pick one up but will hold out for a MOS version so I can use a red-dot.

Oh nice I hadn’t thought of that...great idea...

Public landowner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
This will make a perfect training companion for my Glock 19!

Plus, it'll fit the same holster!

Win-Win!

Virgil B.

This!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Marketing genius, that is for sure.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Cinch: Several of my friends have now heard of this new Glock offering in 22 L.R. and are intent on buying one - along with me!
I wonder if Glock is a publicly held company (sells stock in itself)?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Oh nice I hadn’t thought of that...great idea...

I wonder if the reduced power of a 22lr would prevent a MOS option?? No big deal because I love my Ruger 22s anyway but I'll still cross my fingers!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I wonder if the reduced power of a 22lr would prevent a MOS option?? No big deal because I love my Ruger 22s anyway but I'll still cross my fingers!

Just watched a lengthy review on TFB about it, and that is indeed the case. Said something about their main goal for now was reliability across the board with various 22 ammo manufacturers and loads and that to ensure such, the MOS wasn't there for now. They said that they normally spend 1-year developing a new pistol. Said they spent 3 years on this one to make sure that it had their "Glock reliability" even with 22 ammo. They said that is also why it is initially only offered with a single-stack 10-rd mag.

Oh, and the threaded barrel isn't available right now as a different version, you can just order the gun and then also order the extra barrel if you want a threaded one. At least for now.

Last edited by RyanTX; 12/18/19.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And, I guess that I wasn't in the initial 500 orders with Bud's to get it for $369, but I just reserved mine for $379 with them.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Not too bad a price...I’m going to get one on order with my ffl and see what’s up...

Public landowner...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Just watched a lengthy review on TFB about it, and that is indeed the case. Said something about their main goal for now was reliability across the board with various 22 ammo manufacturers and loads and that to ensure such, the MOS wasn't there for now. They said that they normally spend 1-year developing a new pistol. Said they spent 3 years on this one to make sure that it had their "Glock reliability" even with 22 ammo. They said that is also why it is initially only offered with a single-stack 10-rd mag.

Oh, and the threaded barrel isn't available right now as a different version, you can just order the gun and then also order the extra barrel if you want a threaded one. At least for now.

Glock deserves applause for going the extra mile to ensure reliability. Three times the normal development to be sure their product works, some competitors should feel embarrassed. That's not marketing in as much as a company that goes to that effort & gets proven will have a gun that sells itself. I love shooting 22's but some picky semi-auto pistols sure can take the fun out of things. I wish Glock all the best, if true to their statements, they've earned all the dollars they can make.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Glock deserves applause for going the extra mile to ensure reliability. Three times the normal development to be sure their product works, some competitors should feel embarrassed. That's not marketing in as much as a company that goes to that effort & gets proven will have a gun that sells itself. I love shooting 22's but some picky semi-auto pistols sure can take the fun out of things. I wish Glock all the best, if true to their statements, they've earned all the dollars they can make.

Well said, and I agree 100%.

Personally, I can't get excited about magazine capacity greater than 10, or the whole suppressor thing. I'm not planning on joining MOSSAD.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
99 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,684 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.