Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here is my winter project, I've always had a thing for C3's shark so I picked up a small project

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The paint's decent which was my main thing since I'm not much for body work. It's been mostly sitting for 25 years but runs great and the interior is clean. Engine was rebuilt in 92 with 18k on it, trans rebuilt in 85 with 40k on it, 130k total.Paint is from 94 but decent enough for a driver. I'm putting new suspension and bushings in,rebuilding brakes, replacing hoses, etc that are old. The tires are 25 years old and have 7k on them but are checked, spare tire is from 77 and holds air laugh . . Its the stock engine aside from intake and carb, so I might throw a mild cam in it and maybe up the hp from 180 hp a bit so I can at least beat a corolla of the line laugh . It should be a fun summer cruiser.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I always loved those Vets from the '70's. You ain't gonna let it sit out in the rain are you?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I always loved those Vets from the '70's. You ain't gonna let it sit out in the rain are you?

It has a spot in the garage, but I've been needing a second garage for a while so this might be the motivating factor to build a shop this summer.

John Wayne
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Can't yet figure out pics here but my fun runner is a restored 79 fj40 land cruiser.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My newest vehicle is a 93 Dodg e diesel, oldest is a 44 Dodge WC63 , in between are a 72 Mercedes 250C and a 64 Dodge M43 ambulance, all running and used regularly. I've had the M43 since 1984 and its still running on the original spark plugs.

NRA Benefactor
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drove this car to high school. Still lookin' good.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 73 Corvette, 454 4-speed.

The factory engine is in pieces. A warmer 454 lives under the hood.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The rain will wash all the dust off that dark color with the gravel roads he has to drive.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
They sit, the 47 Jeep my brother bought new, and the 67 Mustang I bought in 67. They both need$$$$$$

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've posted this before, but here it is again!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
heres mine drive it all over, race it on the weekends[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffA

The rain will wash all the dust off that dark color with the gravel roads he has to drive.

Living on gravel is what keeps me from getting a Classic right now.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGray

Can never post that one too much!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGray

Saw a Ford version of that last night in town, it was turquoise over white, both a class act.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Just drive slow laugh . I only have 3/4 of a mile or so of gravel road to deal with. .

John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
65 Mustang coupe. Fully restored..

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 300stw
heres mine drive it all over, race it on the weekends[Linked Image]

That's awesome!

John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1988 4Runner is still my daily ride.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Just drive slow laugh . I only have 3/4 of a mile or so of gravel road to deal with. .

My closest route to a paved road is almost 2 1/2 miles and even when I drive slow with my truck to try and keep it somewhat clean, some boner face ALWAYS passes or meets me, dusting the crap out of it. lol

I don't much bother trying anymore.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
'68 Chevelle SS. The first car I ever owned when I was 17 was a '69.

I bought it 9 years ago from one of my customers. He had it for 5 years and I told him if he ever sold it that I had first dibs. Someone along the way, somewhat, half assed restored it. It looks like all of the sheet metal is in good shape with no bondo. The rocker panels is the only place with a touch of rust bubbles. It was originally Crimson Red, but they painted it Hugger Orange. I wish they painted it Red. It had a mish mash of '69 parts on it including the rally wheels, so I put the Cragars on it. I put new bumpers on it. The engine is a big block and originally was a 396, but not sure now. It originally came out of a '67 Impala SS according to the numbers on the block. It doesn't seem too radical and runs good with no smoke. It might have a little bigger cam because it has a little bit of a lope when it idles. It has developed an exhaust leak between the head and the header. My guy is gonna fix that after Christmas. I've replaced everything under the hood except for the engine it's self. Radiator, power steering pump and gear box. brake booster, distributor, wires, alternator, and fuel pump. It leaked fluid from every possible place including the valve covers, so I put new valve covers on it. Fixed all of the other leaks and now it doesn't lose a drop. Replaced all of the springs and bushings in the suspension. New Flow Master Exhaust. It came from the factory with a 2 speed Power Glide with the shifter on the tree and a bench seat. They put a 3 speed Turbo 400 in it, so I took out the bench seat and replaced it with stock buckets and the stock console and shifter for a 3 speed automatic. It has power steering and brakes with disc on the front. Replaced the brake calipers and pads. It has an independent rear, so it's "a one wheel tire fire". My mechanic said he could put Posi rear gears in it, but it's not needed because I don't run it hard. The guy before me put new carpet in it. It's only been in the rain one time while I owned it. That time, I got caught out in a thunder storm and it fried the wiring. They had it all jack legged in there, so we rewired it. I've put as much money in it as what I paid for the car. I probably have more in it than the car is worth, but I'll never sell it, so it doesn't matter

Last edited by StoneCutter; 12/13/19.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
405 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.