Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Democratic lawmakers on Capitol Hill say local police who do not enforce gun control measures likely to pass in Virginia should face prosecution and even threats of the National Guard.

After November's Virginia Legislature elections that led to Democrats taking control of both chambers, the gun control legislation proposed by some Democrats moved forward, including universal background checks, an “assault weapons” ban, and a red flag law.

Legal firearm owners in the state, however, joined with their sheriffs to form Second Amendment sanctuary counties, which declare the authorities in these municipalities uphold the Second Amendment in the face of any gun control measure passed by Richmond.

Over 75 counties in Virginia have so far adopted such Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions in the commonwealth, the latest being Spotsylvania County. The board of supervisors voted unanimously to approve a resolution declaring that county police will not enforce state-level gun laws that violate Second Amendment rights.

Virginia Democratic officials, however, already say local law enforcement supporting these resolutions will face consequences if they do not carry out any law the state Legislature passes.

“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they're prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,” Democratic Virginia Rep. Gerry Connolly told the Washington Examiner of local county police who may refuse to enforce future gun control measures. “The law is the law. If that becomes the law, you don't have a choice, not if you're a sworn officer of the law.”

McEachin also noted that Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam could call the National Guard, if necessary.

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has.”

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring blamed the numerous Second Amendment resolutions in the state on the “gun lobby” as a tactic to frighten state residents.

“The resolutions that are being passed are being ginned up by the gun lobby to try to scare people. What we’re talking about here are laws that will make our communities and our streets safer,” Herring told CBS 6.

“So, when Virginia passes these gun safety laws that they will be followed, they will be enforced,” he added.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...yment-if-police-dont-enforce-gun-control

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn lying democrats.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to put things in perspective, there are 95 counties in Virginia. 75 of them are now 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries.

Damn I’m proud of those people cool

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 12/14/19.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If they " nationalize the National Guard" would it not be under Federal control then?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'll bet there are more than a few National Guard members who are a bit nervous!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Will they also send in the national guard to enforce laws on illegal immigration?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All i can say is if the grab my guns they better be wearing gloves. The barrels will be pretty hot .

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
“I would hope they either resign in good conscience, because they cannot uphold the law which they are sworn to uphold, or they're prosecuted for failure to fulfill their oath,”

Does that also apply to sanctuary cities?...Hypocrites...I didn't think so.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Who do they think comprise the national guard?

I bet more rural that city types who probably take seriously their oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. A quick read will find the 2A.

Good luck with that idea.

DF

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We live in interesting times---
Wonder how many other, commie run , states will do this??

Last edited by TBREW401; 12/14/19.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So the Bolsheviks will resort to bloodshed. They must feel a sense of urgency to get the people disarmed. When in history did this happen before???

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
VA. Army national guard is comprised of +/- 7500 troops
State troopers have a total of +/- 2100 troopers and agents.

9600 total. I'm betting MINIMUM 1/2 of those are on our side. Leaving 4800 tops.

We had 3500-4000 pissed off people show up to the board of supervisors meeting Wednesday night to demand we be declared 2A sanctuary and a lot more stuck out on the highway unable to get in.

They couldn't come close to taking HALF of Rockingham co. alone, much less the state. Northam better think long and hard.... He wants a war he'll get one. I'd hate to have to guess how many rounds of ammo are stored in this county alone.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i seem to remember something about the military, in that they do not have to follow an illegal order.. Then there was the nuremburg defense at the end of WWII, "i was just following orders." It didn't cut it then, it doesn't cut it now.
one eventually has to make a choice as to which road they are going to follow.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my world this is called (some type of) civil war!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain

9600 total. I'm betting MINIMUM 1/2 of those are on our side. Leaving 4800 tops.

We had 3500-4000 pissed off people show up to the board of supervisors meeting Wednesday night to demand we be declared 2A sanctuary and a lot more stuck out on the highway unable to get in.

They couldn't come close to taking HALF of Rockingham co. alone, much less the state. Northam better think long and hard.... He wants a war he'll get one. I'd hate to have to guess how many rounds of ammo are stored in this county alone.

Walking in the meeting at Spotswood last week one of the local deputies i know was working the door. I leaned in and shook his hand and said we have y'all way outnumbered ( mostly joking at the time) . His reply was if it came to it he and most of the ones he had spoke with aren't enforcing anything. Guess we'll see.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i seem to remember something about the military, in that they do not have to follow an illegal order.. Then there was the nuremburg defense at the end of WWII, "i was just following orders." It didn't cut it then, it doesn't cut it now.
one eventually has to make a choice as to which road they are going to follow.

Nope.

That “defense” didn’t save some of them from the rope.

Won’t now.

That’s what the oath is all about. 2A is part of the Constitution. To violate a part is to violate the whole. The oath doesn’t pick and chose. We can’t either. Or shouldn’t.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I sure hope it doesn't go to bloodshed for you guys but if they do decide to go that route, Fuqk 'em up! Take no prisoners.

Good Luck.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[bleep] in Richmond better blink because there will be no registration and sure as hell no confiscation.
Registration is for felons and pedophiles. Law abiding citizens don't register with anyone, especially some liberal [bleep] that thinks it's ok to deliver a newborn still alive then murder it.....
If it happens, I hope everyone remembers it was funded by a New York billionaire trying to push his globalist agenda.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one wants bloodshed. But Virginians are drawing a line in the sand. Black Face Ralph is poking a sleeping grizzly. He has no idea the sh*tstorm about to hit him n his looney liberal friends.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

It is starting to dawn on me.
If these folks in Richmond follow through...
And it looks like they will...
God annoint our souls like Jehu.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,019
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.