Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#14372669 12/14/19
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just wondering if anyone is shooting a TC Impact and how do you like it.Are they accurate? Thank You

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son needed a CO legal ML on short notice, so I picked one up for him at my LGS. He likes it a bunch, and it was only $300. Very light and compact, and a good trigger. If I needed another inline, I'd consider it pretty hard. Clever breech. Hard to say about accuracy as he needed irons for his hunt, and has another with a scope. I expect the barrel is as good as any other TC.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought one two years ago. I haven’t played with loads too much but just about everything I’ve tried does 3” at 100 yds. I used BH209 and Hornady 44 240 XTPs this year and they do about 2” at 100. For an in-line I like it very much. Excellent trigger, easy to clean, reliable...has always gone bang. Killed 2 buck and a doe with it this year. Currently wears a 4x shotgun scope and feels like I am hunting with a single shot rifle. The removable stock spacer is nice as my daughter will be using it next year. The iron sights are excellent but the front sight could be a smidge taller.

Last edited by TomM1; 12/14/19.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I too owned an Impact and was impressed with the design and performance - typical of T/C. I was using it for a youth hunting skills program and an early mzldr deer season. However I like my rifle scopes mounted low. There is no means of installing a hammer extension on the Impact. It was incredibly difficult for young fingers to safely work the hammer, even my fingers had trouble. It's likely a great rifle for use without a scope but that wasn't my intended purpose. My wife likewise was not comfortable with the hammer while a scope was mounted so it went bye-bye.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Got one for my daughter on clearance at Wal Mart for $200 . Then went back and bought the last two they had and haven’t looked back . Great gun for the money and very adjustable. Accurate and easy to clean . I recommend them to anybody looking for a good muzzleloader at a reasonable price

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I have had mine about 5 years.Usually hunt elk with it ( 3 downs o far) .Shoots better than can I see.I mounted a scope on it to work up loads and used it on Nebraska whitetail I used it on eastern Colorado whitetails too without scope. Can't use a scope in Colorado anyway so I don't miss that.

Being so light it is a pleasure to carry around .Previously I hunted with a TC Black Diamond and before that a TC Hawkin.

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/15/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like my Impact for all the reasons listed above. It's a deer killer!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
For killing deer within 100 yds....you really don't need anything else. Great rifle for the money.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I got mine with a cheap Bushnell scope for 229 with tax. I could not get it to shoot for a long time. I am not sure what I was doing wrong. I put a new Leopold 2x7 on it and it didn't help. I decided I need to clean the barrel every shot , keep the charge the same and push the bullet down with the same force. it shoot about 1-2" @ 50 yds. on 3 power scope. it does not seem to be a high quality gun. I can take the gun and basically twist it like the pin is too small. It moves at least 1/16" . This may be part of the problem. I am however satisfied wight the way it cleans compared to my TC Encore. Under the breech plug it does get bits of powder in there so it is not a problem. The problem is with the Encore is that burnt powder and dirt does get in the springs and trigger with the Encore. It is very hard to clean out that area. My Encore now has a problem and does not work right. I can try to cock the hammer back and it springs forward. I didn't look at it yet but am not sure I want to spend the money to fix it when it may not be in the best shape anyway. I would actually lean to the Impact cause of price , however, I dont think there is a lot of quality in the Impact anyway. How do you make a quality gun for $229 ?? A good barrel is that much. It does shoot good enough however to be a muzzleloader gun in the swamps here in southern Wisconsin.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/15/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheap seems to be the hot thing now, in ML and "real" guns too. New shooters (and some old ones) just don't look at stuff, guns included, like many of us do. A good parallel is the furniture market. It's pretty rare for folks now to invest in lifetime furniture. Given how long relationships last, that's probably wise.

Paid $270 for my Strike. Pretty good quality, and a good shooter, but a soulless chunk compared to my Renegade.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Pappy , you are right. furniture is junk now days, and I always here about the price of guns that
Its a good gun for the money. I want a good gun. If it cost more money then so what.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I would never consider an Impact cheap. I find it a no nonsense, well designed, solid rifle that, with the right load, is very accurate. Inexpensive? yes. Cheap? no. You can drive a Cadillac or a Vega... either one will get you home.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you watch, you can find these on sale. I got mine from Midway for $199, see them at that price a couple times a year. Academy has them listed at $179 though been out of stock for some time.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Ditto on others. Tickled with mine, though I do agree they should have an offset hammer. Killed quite a few deer with 250gr SSTs in mine.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 51 invisible), 3,342 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.