Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just watched Clint Eastwood's new movie, Richard Jewell. It is outstanding. Review in the Movie Forum.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to hear, I likeClint.
I would imagine you would have a better idea of the whole movie making process.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the review, it is a must see.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Did you expect anything else?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I just watched Clint Eastwood's new movie, Richard Jewell. It is outstanding. Review in the Movie Forum.

L.W.

Cool, I’ll take the Mrs.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I was living and working at a TV station in Atlanta at the time this happened... (engineer not a reporter) and what they did to that guy was horrible... felt so bad for him... fairly early on they knew he had nothing to do with it... They (being the FBI) removed all the filters, vents, carpet etc from his apartment and found zero explosive residues... took all his clothes, his vehicle and could find nothing... no offense to Richard but he was not a criminal mastermind that could have pulled off something like that and got away with it... They had nothing and had to make something... I am glad this movie came out to set the record straight.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Sako
I was living and working at a TV station in Atlanta at the time this happened... (engineer not a reporter) and what they did to that guy was horrible... felt so bad for him... fairly early on they knew he had nothing to do with it... They (being the FBI) removed all the filters, vents, carpet etc from his apartment and found zero explosive residues... took all his clothes, his vehicle and could find nothing... no offense to Richard but he was not a criminal mastermind that could have pulled off something like that and got away with it... They had nothing and had to make something... I am glad this movie came out to set the record straight.

are you trying to say.....that leo is not to be trusted...….bob

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BobMt

are you trying to say.....that leo is not to be trusted...….bob

I wouldn't trust ANY LEO out of range of a video camera/phone

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

the guy that did do it, Rudolph? I can't remember - they caught him because he was basically living feral eating out of dumpsters.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Too bad he didnt live to see it

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Leanwolf: Thank you for the heads up - I am definitely going to see it now.
The Hollywood liberals have been scammin and lyin a bit about this film as best they can.
Not in my town as yet - looks like I will have to travel 65 miles or 105 miles to see it in "adjacent" towns.
I say to Clint Eastwood - "you go boy"!
Keep up the good work Clint.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Eastwood has been a genius as picking and directing stories with some serious depth.

I too, well remember the Jewell incident. Tried and guilty on the front pages by the press. Only a back page footnote when innocent.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/15/19.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rowdy Yates got all of this started.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
The press and our corrupt FBI in effect murdered Richard Jewell. The dirty bastards.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Saw it last night, and in typical Clint fashion, is well done.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kennyd
Too bad he didnt live to see it

I think his Mom is alive though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was living in Atlanta in 1996 and I went to the Summer Olympics.
This was such a big story, of course. Jewell was a goofy looking fat boy and he lived with his mother so the media and the cops decided he was just too weird, he got lynched by the FBI and the media. Very sad story.

In truth he was the hero who discovered the bomb.

Eric Robert Rudolph was a rabid anti abortion guy who also bombed an abortion clinic in Birmingham, killed a nurse and seriously injured a cop. He lived in N. Carolina and they finally pegged him for these crimes. They had the all out manhunt for this guy, hundreds of state and federal cops combing the NC woods, for months, they just couldn't catch him. He lived in the woods for many months, maybe, a year or two.
Finally a rookie cop saw him dumpster diving at 2 am and made the big arrest. He is now in Supermax Florence and as the saying goes, he is so far underground they have to pipe in daylight to his cell. He is under "no human contact" lockdown.

And while the hunt was on, he was FBI Most Wanted for years, his brother, in protest, sawed his left hand off with a circular saw one day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The FBI scum tipped their hand as to what they're all about under Janet "Butch" Reno.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

And while the hunt was on, he was FBI Most Wanted for years, his brother, in protest, sawed his left hand off with a circular saw one day.

Yeah, "that'll show "em!". 😁

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have to think Clint picked this story in light of the garbage going on in the media today.....not to mention the FBI. Clint is one of a few actors I can stomach in hollyweird.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.