Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Want to buy 16 gauge, long shank, tapered, spiral cut forcing cone reamer? Specify brand and whatever specs you have? Shank head size as well?

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Not what you specified but .....
Chadwick and Trefethen, Inc
Long Forcing Cone Reamer
Straight Flutes
16 gauge
!/2 inch hex head marked "16ga" and "LFC, Hex is approximately 1 inch long.
Was used to lengthen chamber/forcing cones on a drilling and a double shotgun.
Been sitting oiled in original tube for 8 or 10 years.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Thank for the response. Do you know the alloy steel and where made? Is it tapered, I assume would have to be? Do you have any literature or tool specs. How much would be your asking price and where are you located?

Thanks,

Benny

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The reamer came from Brownell's
It was sold as Brownell's Straight Flute Long Forcing Cone Reamer. The container was marked Chadwick and Trefethen Inc. New Hampshire.
www.chadwickreamers.com

From the old Brownells catalog.
"Double-duty reamers lengthen short chambers to modern standard or magnum lengths and cut the new long forcing cone at the same time --OR-- will cut a long forcing cone without lengthening the chamber for the gunsmith seeking improved shooting performance for his customer. Flute placement, relief and angle are designed to give the best possible results on all types of barrel steel (except chrome lined barrels, or course) The 1 1/2 long (approximately) forcing cone created is performance proven to give optimum results in any length chamber.
Reamers are ground exclusively for us from special, select tool steel by one of the oldest and respected manufacturers of reamers in the US. Quality and performance is 100% guaranteed. Plus, the hex-drive permits use of a socket and T-handle when tap handles will not operate. Lathe setup not required
SPECS: 5 3/4 long overall. 1" long hex section 1/2"............... 1 1/2 long forcing cone cutting section. 7 flutes, straight cut.........""

I cut some of the stuff out because it applied to other gauges. Think I got everything right. Typing and eyesight are limited here at the computer.

That's what I know.

The reamer worked fine on the shotguns that I worked on. If I remember I borrowed a chamber length gauge since I wanted the chambers to accommodate 23/4 shells and also measured to assure there was sufficient barrel diameter.

I am in Northwest Montana.

I'm thinking $35 shipped. My old catalog shows them at $80.

Thanks,
Bill

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Does this straight flute have a taper on the end? All that i have are tapered; and of course spiral cut? I think I could use a straight flute if it is tapered? How any barrels would you estimate this to have cut?

I am interested, i did look up the brand name after I got your first response. I will be off to church this AM and will respond when I get bck home. Thank you, would you be able to send a picture either post here, or send it to robinbrcenturylink.net.

Thanks Benny

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Email sent.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Return EMail sent, i will take.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.