Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Hugh_W2
Plastic magazine and detachable magazine.
Plastic trigger guard.
Tupperware stock on majority of models.
Upgrade your stocks, trigger guards and magazines Tikka! Take a fair price increase to cover additional cost. But Beretta won't allow them to, because it would destroy Sako sales.

Their "Tupperware" stock is the absolute best synthetic stock I have seen on a rifle. LIttle or no Flex and correct design.

Do you mean it's the best "Tupperware" stock, or best synthetic stock? There are absolutely better synthetic stocks available.

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 12/15/19.
BP-B6

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am a Tikka enthusiast and have been for years. I won’t have a bolt action rifle that does not lock the bolt down when its safety is engaged and Tikkas certainly meet that requirement. On the other hand, I wish they did have a three-position safety like the Sauer 100 or even the XPR. CP.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They do everything you ask out of a rifle, other than offer a soul. I have owned quite a few and still own 3.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
The bolt lugs are actually plastic, I would avoid them at all costs.

whistle

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Plastic magazine and detachable magazine.
Plastic trigger guard.
Tupperware stock on majority of models.
Upgrade your stocks, trigger guards and magazines Tikka! Take a fair price increase to cover additional cost. But Beretta won't allow them to, because it would destroy Sako sales.

Their "Tupperware" stock is the absolute best synthetic stock I have seen on a rifle. LIttle or no Flex and correct design.

Do you mean it's the best "Tupperware" stock, or best synthetic stock? There are absolutely better synthetic stocks available.

Best Tupperware stock ie: not hand laid up fiberglass,kevlar or carbon or mix of all. I have owned B&C T3 stock and would not waste the time again. I doubt the MCmillan would get you anything more either.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
What tail,
No. My point was I think all Tupperware stocks are garbage. I agree with you. B&C or similar would be nice upgrade. Fiberglass would push price into direct competition with Sako and that will never happen.

Last edited by Hugh_W2; 12/15/19. Reason: Additional comment
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Only complaint I have is they don’t make one in 6mm creedmoor.

No complaints with with the other 10 or so I have or have had.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have 4 Tikkas myself.

T3X 7-08 Compact
T3X 270 Win SL
T3X 22-250 1-8
T3X 6.5 CM

Only complaint is the magazine catch trips too easy while riding over a pack. My fix was a piece of riggers tape across the stock to hold the mag in place. Done deal. Will grab a 223 SL soon.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Originally Posted by TX35W
For me the only real downside is the detachable magazine, which can be annoying in a hunting rifle if it gets lost while you're packing it in, etc. Otherwise...they real good.

I see this mentioned all the time, but I’m wondering how many guys have actually lost mags while carrying theirs. I’ve carried a few different tikka lites a good distance on foot, in an UTV, and a lot in a ranch pickup. never had a mag accidentally drop. And unloading/reloading the rifle is easier than with a floor plate, and much easier than any blind mag.

Me too, same ?

Someone said a while back 'here' that the detachable mags were "just something else to leave at Home!" Really ?
When you clean your bolt, what do you do with it ? Put it back in the rifle. SAME for the mags.

I've been using D Ms since they were called "CLIPS" in the 60s with my Dad's 760, 30-06. Have HAD & HAVE many D Ms today in Rem M Sixes & Tikkas.

I've NEVER lost one OR left one at home.

TO ME a D M is a PLUS! Others M Obviously V.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Their trigger guards may be plastic, but they're really good plastic!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just purchased a use t3 stainless in 7mm 08 from gunbroker.com. It developed a problem with light strikes so I sent it back to tikka to have them look at it. They cleaned it and sent it back to me saying that the problem was that the prior owner didn't take care of it. I then took it elk hunting when I fell on the scope on my other rifle. Last day at 40 yards I squeezed the trigger on an elk at 40 yards and was rewarded nothing but a muffled click from the rifle.

I just got around to trying different primers in my handloads and found out that half of all brands of primers don't ignite all the time in this particular rifle. A local gunsmith took one look at the rifle and told me that I have a weak firing pin spring in the rifle. Whether he is right or not I can't tell because I don't have the rifle back yet, however it would appear that in this case this particular rifle does seem to have some light strike problems.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tikkas are the Toyota Camry of the gun world.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What tail,
No. My point was I think all Tupperware stocks are garbage. I agree with you. B&C or similar would be nice upgrade. Fiberglass would push price into direct competition with Sako and that will never happen.

Gonna have to disagree here, B&C not necessarily a nice upgrade. Many, myself included, have tried them and came to the conclusion the factory handle is better. Especially with a paint job to dress them up and add texture.

The B&C stocks for tikka lites add weight, are thicker, and very often don’t fit for schit. That’s not a guess, I’ve had 3. That’s said, if you get one that fits or want to mess with straightening them out they’re ok. I do like the M40 for a heavy rifle.

McMillans and manners are a nice upgrade for sure, and may or may not be worth it depending on individual preference. I have both. A tikka factory barreled action in a premium stock is still about $11-1200 investment, and that’s a lot cheaper than any custom built rifle I know of, and similar in price point to many premium factory rifles

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aren't CTR's a couple hundred bucks over 1000 right out of the gate? Put a premium stock on one of those and things get pricey.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'll keep buying them until I find something I can't live with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Tikkas are the Toyota CamryTACOMA of the gun world.

Fixed it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Tikkas are the Toyota CamryTACOMA of the gun world.

Fixed it.

Overrated?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where is the buy made in American crowd?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Where is the buy made in American crowd?

Busy on the phone with customer service.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ha ha that is funny!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
606 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 160user, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,737
Posts18,401,102
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.