Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just so fine...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I missed how you came about to have a Fox in your home..curious, if you left the door open, would he be gone for good, or would he hang around?

How does he get on with your other dogs?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is the cutest little mutt I ever saw. It behaves like a cross between a cat and a dog. Were you saying, on another thread, that he likes to catch mice?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I missed how you came about to have a Fox in your home..curious, if you left the door open, would he be gone for good, or would he hang around?

How does he get on with your other dogs?

my dad found him in office at work, had fallen through a ceiling tile. he was about 5-9 days old eyes still closed. i've tried to take him outside but he freak out, he's never been out. i going to get a harness for him and try to take him out on a leash. have a buddy who has two foxes and his go out and hang around his home, he lives in a rural area.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is the cutest little mutt I ever saw. It behaves like a cross between a cat and a dog. Were you saying, on another thread, that he likes to catch mice?

yes he's better than the cat.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
He’s really grown! Beautiful little guy, thanks for posting the update. I always look forward to seeing him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool critter !

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
He's gotten big! Seems to have tamed down a little too.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No matter how bad of a day I'm having all I have to do is watch a vid like that. Just makes me smile...

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd be just a bit careful with the puppy nips and bites. I've found it best, at least with our dogs, to keep the teeth out of ones interactions. Don't know, but I suspect life will get interesting when puberty arrives. Lots of animals are cute and cuddly in the beginning and become a devil when the hormones turn on.

Do keep us up on its doings.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/15/19.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good stuff !

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Do you worm him or vaccinate for anything? My friend had a raccoon when we were going n middle school. That critter was hell on wheels and only got meaner as he got older. He ended up “disappearing “ pretty sure his dad got sick of dealing with the animal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1
Do you worm him or vaccinate for anything? My friend had a raccoon when we were going n middle school. That critter was hell on wheels and only got meaner as he got older. He ended up “disappearing “ pretty sure his dad got sick of dealing with the animal.

he's wormed, haven't found a vet willing to give him the vaccines.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was wondering if you had a vet who would deal with the little guy.
On another forum, we had a guy who lived in Texas nw of San Antonio, he caught a little fawn whose mother had been killed by a car, a tiny spotted fawn. He named it "Little Buck" and he routinely took it to the vet for shots etc.

Anyway y'all are lucky to be in Texas and I think Texas knows the meaning of the word "freedom" more than the other states.
In Georgia and Alabama it is illegal to keep any wildlife as a pet and DNR will raid your house and take the animal away and you will face charges.

I know that in Texas it is legal to keep deer and I assume it would be legal also to keep a fox. After all, if not for you the little guy would have died at age 9 days.
As for the shots, an animal has to be in contact with a sick raccoon, or dog, in order to catch distemper or rabies and since you have an indoor fox I would imagine he is at zero risk.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.