-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is one of the best of Clint Eastwood's directorial endeavors. The story of how the FBI and the media railroaded Richard Jewell who they accused of being the Atlanta Bomber in 1996. Certainly Jewell was a flake, but he was also a hero who saved people's lives. The FBI did not bother to investigate anyone else and concentrated on Jewell. They destroyed him along with a very willing and helpful media. They can destroy any one of us, too, just as easily if they choose. Innocence doesn't matter.

The movie is also indicative of how our certain people in present day FBI and media have conspired to destroy President Trump, in that their methods that were in effect then are apparently the same ... or worse, today.

The acting is really top rate, especially the actor who plays Richard Jewell.

Go see it when you have time.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looking forward to seeing it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool ...we just watched ....the mule... last nite , good stuff imo ...btw the songs that Clint played in the movie while driving..is what I listen to in my truck ! ..wife's been picking on me all day !lol.... I wonder who's in the FBI today that is f..ing trump like they did Jewell...same people ?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Cool ...we just watched ....the mule... last nite , good stuff imo ...btw the songs that Clint played in the movie while driving..is what I listen to in my truck ! ..wife's been picking on me all day !lol.... I wonder who's in the FBI today that is f..ing trump like they did Jewell...same people ?

Mueller's name seems to be prominent in the real story, haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if Eastwood named him or not.

Mueller was also a big wheel in covering up Whitey Bulgar's misdeeds while being an informant, and let four men rot in prison when they had exculpatory evidence, because they wanted to keep Bulgar "off the radar".
Mueller was at least as corrupt as Strok, Page, McCabe and Comey.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mueller's name was not mentioned in the movie.

As for the agents at that time, 23 years ago, I would guess that they are all retired by now, given that many agents retire after 25/30 years.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 12/15/19. Reason: Typo.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.