Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
jimy,

you're just one of them elitist ice chest snobs! grin

Probably wouldn't shoot a Ruger either, right? MIM parts and all that.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
jimy,

Geno

I have likely bought 10 or more coleman coolers over the years, about 5 years ago I thought I would treat myself to a new "extreme" , one of those nice ones with wheels on one end, it was just what I needed for my beer/fishing/ camping use ! Fast forward, one use the lid breaks off, both hinges break in half, coleman sent me new ones, I never got them on before the handle on the non wheel end broke off, I was told it was not designed for lifting a full cooler, silly me, the last time I used it I found out the plug was broken off and all of the formally ice, was now water in the back of my Suburban, that was the day I gave it and the warm beer away,
I might be a cooler snob but I like my beer cold, and my first pistol when I became of age was a single six, since then I have been a big fan of Rugers', but my love affair with coleman has been badly tarnished.

Last edited by jimy; 12/15/19.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 45 and 65 RTIC ice chests and I agree the are tougher than the Colemans, but Coleman replacement parts are cheap on line. The RTIC doesn't keep ice ant longer than the Coleman, are heavy and interior is small. Overall the Yeti and even the RTIC on sale are not a good buy, a whole lot of hype.. Buy the Coleman!

Last edited by Switch; 12/15/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
its amazing that people will spend as much money as they do on the Yeti coolers. They are over priced.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy
jimy,

Geno

I have likely bought 10 or more coleman coolers over the years, about 5 years ago I thought I would treat myself to a new "extreme" , one of those nice ones with wheels on one end, it was just what I needed for my beer/fishing/ camping use ! Fast forward, one use the lid breaks off, both hinges break in half, coleman sent me new ones, I never got them on before the handle on the non wheel end broke off, I was told it was not designed for lifting a full cooler, silly me, the last time I used it I found out the plug was broken off and all of the formally ice, was now water in the back of my Suburban, that was the day I gave it and the warm beer away,
I might be a cooler snob but I like my beer cold, and my first pistol when I became of age was a single six, since then I have been a big fan of Rugers', but my love affair with coleman has been badly tarnished.

After an experience like that I'd be out of love too. I've considered a wheeled version at times, but for me, just more things to go wrong.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The bad part about the wheeled one was that one handle, was a lot longer than the other, which made it very hard to load either into the boat or into the truck, it worked nice wheeling it down the dock, but loading and off loading was a pain in the butt, just another addition to the "suck " factor of that cooler, and it had many, believe me ! smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
Not a Yeti? Oh man. This is going to crush Sam O frown

Pleaze........

Had one of those for years....

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

I imagine where he and Jim live I should do a test for how well it keeps a casserole warm in a blizzard.

Geno

Yes, great for keeping the lutefisk and various hot dishes from getting froze while we ice fish.

Last edited by SamOlson; 12/15/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like Igloo Marine coolers.
You can get padded cushions that attach securely to the tops that turn them into seats.
They also have tie-down eyes built in, and you can attach a garden hose to the drains.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image uploading

Last edited by Snyper; 12/15/19.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My Coleman extreme cracked and delaminated at the drain plug. It was a 3 year old cooler. I don't think I'll buy another.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The point is, just how valuable is your cooler as to what you do, Coleman coolers are the Ford truck of coolers, if all you need is to keep the Busch lite drinkable then you are money ahead to buy them, all three, but just like life in general, you get what you pay for, and my taste in trucks, women, and cold beer are a step ahead of all three of those.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I owned a Yeti soft sided cooler at one time that I really liked. I didn’t pay for it per say since I used Cabela points I had earned to purchase it but one evening at a function with mostly people I knew it shown up missing. Couldn’t believe someone stole it while I had my back turned to it at a function with mostly people I knew. At first I thought someone was just screwing with me but it never turned up. I will never own another big $$$ cooler again! Kind of a shame really.

What was the real shame was that one of the people you thought you knew stole from you. That's really low.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 12/15/19.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

not for beer or snacks...

Kent

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy
The point is, just how valuable is your cooler as to what you do, Coleman coolers are the Ford truck of coolers, if all you need is to keep the Busch lite drinkable then you are money ahead to buy them, all three, but just like life in general, you get what you pay for, and my taste in trucks, women, and cold beer are a step ahead of all three of those.

So, we agree to disagree on coolers.............................................

But no doubt you drive a Tacoma like me, and not some silly Ford.

laugh

Geno

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Where were you fishing, Roosevelt?

Alamo?

Geno

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I imagine where he and Jim live I should do a test for how well it keeps a casserole warm in a blizzard.

Geno

Yes, great for keeping the lutefisk and various hot dishes from getting froze while we ice fish.

Yeah, I bet frozen lutefisk is even worse than thawed lutefisk!

And gotta keep the tuna noodle casserole or them green beans with the crispy onions out of the can on top warm.................you betcha.

Geno

In it is contentment

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Roosevelt, Saguaro, San Carlos, Willow springs mostly.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Damn, I need to grab an AZ license next year. I get down there for business several times a year but haven't taken the time to go fish.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I've heard they are great at times. I'm going to file that info for future use.

Maybe bring home a pile of fillets in my Coleman cooler!.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Geno

Yeah, I bet frozen lutefisk is even worse than thawed lutefisk!

And gotta keep the tuna noodle casserole or them green beans with the crispy onions out of the can on top warm.................you betcha.

Geno

Hey now Geno don't be hating on lutefisk. You can freeze it, thaw it, freeze it and thaw it again it don't matter when its time to chow it'll still be mushy fish. Try that with your fancy albacore hmmmm?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I left some fish in a cooler once, had to spin and go to a bachelor party then a wedding, jesus might have risen in 3 days but these feesh....

I zipped six deck screws down through that lid of that cooler and did the ol tail gate reverse un-ass brake slam behind the the abandoned k-mart. It was a real scooby-doo mystery....for someone

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.