Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14379822 12/17/19
E
ERK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Well I went and did it. I’m 67 years old and have absolutely no reason to own an AR rifle. Just the fact that libs demand I not have one of them finally brought me over to the dark side. On a good note the Ruger AR556 did shoot the Fiocchi 55 grain fmj and the 50 grain max into about 1 1/8 inch groups. Ed k

ARIC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
Just the fact that libs demand I not have one...Ed k

I can't think of a better reason! grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
good for you!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've trained LE on them and worked on them, but never owned one until two weeks ago. Not being a Mag Dump kind of guy, a lot of my shooting has been from 100-350 yards. They are cheap to shoot, plenty accurate and easy to hit with. Even 55 FMJ will wreck a jug of water at 200 yards I'm trying to find something not to like here and coming up blank.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple of them, I use mine for mid range shoots ie 600 yd shoots. The 223/5.56 is a very capable cartridge and plenty accurate. One of them is now set up for local service rifle competitions. Put a good optic on it and stretch its legs use 75gr hornady bthp.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ERK
Well I went and did it. I’m 67 years old and have absolutely no reason to own an AR rifle. Just the fact that libs demand I not have one of them finally brought me over to the dark side. On a good note the Ruger AR556 did shoot the Fiocchi 55 grain fmj and the 50 grain max into about 1 1/8 inch groups. Ed k

Love it!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's the spirit!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should add before last yr last time I had a AR was 2012 I shot it once. Sold it my buddy who was buying AR’s thinking the ban was coming. I didn’t sell it for an inflated price either.. I recently put annAR pistol together and that thing is accurate and fun to shoot. That ar pistol is all I carry in my truck now days.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
E
ERK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Just a little update on the Ruger.i shot 3 shots starting with cold bore at 300 yards with an even 2 inch group. Immediately shot 3 more at 200 yards and that was a hair over 1 inch. I’m actually impressed with this ar. Ed k

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 79S
I should add before last yr last time I had a AR was 2012 I shot it once. Sold it my buddy who was buying AR’s thinking the ban was coming. I didn’t sell it for an inflated price either.. I recently put annAR pistol together and that thing is accurate and fun to shoot. That ar pistol is all I carry in my truck now days.

Everyone should have an AR pistol.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Great ERK. I think everyone should have at least one!!!

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thats awesome! Its never too late to own an ar. Just be warned, they are addicting. They also mate in the gunsafe...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Outstanding, glad to read it.

2020 will be the year of the AR pistol for me.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by ERK
Just the fact that libs demand I not have one...Ed k

I can't think of a better reason! grin

I can, but that’s a good reason, also!😁

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 01/18/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought one right after the 2018 election, just to poke Peabrain Pelosi in the eye. It shoots pretty well for a cheap-azz DPMS. I stuck a Leupold 3-9 on it, and it shoots pretty good. I've got about 2000 rounds of ammo I had loaded for PD shooting, and happily enough, it shoots them quite well. I don't shoot it much, as I had to shag brass these days, but it works just fine.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Merica!!
Pretty much why I got my first one years ago. Now I have 3.
you need to a buy a stripped lower and then buy a kit in 762x39.
What I did and saved a bunch of money.
https://www.cbcindustries.com/produ...-15-buttstock-kit-ar-15-lower-parts-kit/

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
started with a 5.56. liked it. added a 2545 sharps. liked it. added a 458 socom. liked it. added a AR57. really liked it. added a 7.62x39 really really liked it. added a 300blk. liked it. added a 300blk pistol. love it! don't know what is next but am sure I will like it! am hooked.
whats not to like? easy to assemble platform and so far not one hasn't been decent in accuracy.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
When I hear someone that either doesn't care for them or question why in a nice way I ask if they have ever shot one
Never had anyone say yes I have and don't like it

It's usually no but....

I tell people try it you will giggle like a little girl

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ERK
Just a little update on the Ruger.i shot 3 shots starting with cold bore at 300 yards with an even 2 inch group. Immediately shot 3 more at 200 yards and that was a hair over 1 inch. I’m actually impressed with this ar. Ed k

Nice job! There's a reason they're so popular.......can't think of another rifle that's more fun, versatile and effective.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by ERK

Nice job! There's a reason they're so popular.......can't think of another rifle that's more fun, versatile and effective.

They are even more fun on a prairie dog town.

A few years ago another gent and I were out shooting some prairie dogs on opening day. A few hundred yards away were a couple of other guys we didn't know.

About 150 yards out a group of 8 pups pop up on this mound. One of the other guys with a bolt gun shoots one. I shot the other seven, with seven shots, before he could get off another round.

Yea.....AR's are lots of fun.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ERK

That is pretty much why I bought my first one. Mine was a Ruger MPR. I'm on my third now. The first and last proved pretty accurate but with very different ammo. The first shot the best groups but was kind of fussy. The current one likes different bullets and is almost as good as the first's best, but not quite. The middle one was good, and if I didn't know better from the other two, I would probably call it great, especially given the cost, but it simply wasn't as accurate as the other two. By accurate, the first one was shooting under half inch with 60 grain VMAX bullets. The current one has given me a number of sub MOA loads but what I like best is it keeps the accubonds under 3/4ths of an inch for 5 shots. I can do this.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You start out buying them, then you start upgrading what you bought, then you start building them from scratch.....it's a vicious cycle!

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One always seems to have just the right amount of parts to start on another.

The potato chip of the gun world.

Can't have just one. grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
392 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.