Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
In the market for a nice 22lr for practice/target shooting. These are the two that most interest me. Both offer lots of aftermarket support and I would imagine the bergara will be a hit with lots of support like Cz.

Vudoo not in the price range for what I’m looking to spend or it would be a no brainer

Between the two which and why?? Right now bergara has the lead just from the 700 clone aspect and I would imagine rebarrel/custom build in future using that action would be nice as well

Always loved Cz though and there are lots of parts/barrels available

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I would take a tikka t1x over a CZ any day, what I hear about the bergana I would take that overall

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Tikka I like

Extra cost with shortening and threading barrel and less aftermarket support though. Specifically aftermarket barrels and what not
This is strictly for shooting and wanting to try my hand with long range rimfire. I will be buying one when 16” comes available state side in 17 hmr though.

Cz would allow me to change between 22lr and 17hmr quite easily though. Big fan of 17 for plinking

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gemby58
I would take a tikka t1x over a CZ any day, what I hear about the bergana I would take that overall

Based on you never firing a CZ 457?

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
CZ’s are fine enough rifles for sure.. I obviously haven’t shot the Bergera.22...
but you’ve stated long range as a plan and as such I’d find a nice used Anschutz 54. You’ll have no regrets and your shooting avenues will be wide open.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jk16

yes I have, i would still take the tikka

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Really? What version of 457 was it?

Was it the Precision Trainer the OP was asking about?

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Heck I can’t even find a bergara in stock. Calling and emailing with no luck so far. even if I wanted one doesn’t seem I would find one right now

If anyone knows of one in stock somewhere would greatly appreciate the help

Still not 100% sure it’s a better buy than the Cz though

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
You say Vudoo is a no-brainer, but out of your price range. I'd start saving up and get what you really want. 2 Vudoo's here and no regrets. They are my 2 favorite rifles.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Really? What version of 457 was it?

Was it the Precision Trainer the OP was asking about?

varmint precision trainer

IC B3

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Yea. More than I’m looking to spend since my wife and I are starting a home build right now, and just bought more property. Sold some guns recently and thought why not with the play money get a nice 22lr fun gun that I will use way more often than centerfire. I can now shoot rimfire right out back door of house essentially. If I change my mind I can buy the vudoo, but doubt she would find it as necessary as I do when 500k is flying out the windows right now. Lol

The vudoo is a serious competition rifle and no doubt worth the money, just not looking to drop 2500-3000 on a 22lr fun gun.

Still no opinion/answer as to Cz 457 precision or bergara ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First off I am not into the long range type rifles, I much prefer a pretty wood stock. I have not shot the Tikka .22 or the Bergara .22 (own a B 14 Woodsman 6.5CM& love it). Do own a 457 American in 17HMR and love it. If I were to buy a new .22lr today, I would without hesitation get another 457. Tikkas feel plasticy and cheap to me and the Bergara mag is stupid, seriously doubt they are any more accurate than the CZ. I think to exceed the CZ you would need to go with Anschutz. Even then accuracy increase is minimal and not likely. For my money the CZ wins this contest easily.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
For me I’m looking for more a precision trainer style rifle. I love my Cz 455 American. Not really wanting a wood stock, but if Anschutz which model. Remember not looking for a sporter model.

Truly want fiberglass or synthetic stock

Found out there is a NRL22 league not far from me also. May consider participating but my work schedule and 3 small kids may interfere with those plans. Mainly want to shoot for my own enjoyment.

Have multiple centerfire i shoot LR with, but would like to not have to drive to shoot 700-1000 when I can do 350 out my back door with rimfire. Can’t do centerfire as the wife’s grandmother wouldn’t allow that in her field but said 22lr okay as long as I put a berm up

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I can't spell Schleppo-schlabbahkia, either. Go Bergara....

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Lol. I don’t speak Spanish either

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
si.....

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
May llama Kevin.

Huntsman you shoot a lot. What’s your take on the new bergara vs 457 precision

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cut to the fhuqking chase,go Vudoo and never look back. Hint. Congratulations?!?

CZ's are schit. Tom's handle is a bonus,but not with a CZ in it. I'd rather S/S RAR in a Boyd's Tactical. CZ mags are epic pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

The Bergara is a poor copy,just like everything else they make. Initial "accuracy" reports and it altogether misses one of the Vudoo's greatest virtues,which is CRF and zero projectile deformation,to or from battery. Hint.

Annie makes some seriously great stuff,but in a well stocked synthetic Repeater,you are talking Vudoo money and Annie mags suck HORRIBLY in comparison. All Vudoo's ship with a topflight S/S aftermarket spout(I went Bartlein on both of mine) and S/S bank Vault receiver. Hint.

There's an 18" Bart' Kukri contour barreled action on The 'Hide now for $1500 Clams,rail and a magazine included. Nab it and if you have to lay up for the stock/M5 DBM...simply do so. I'd not linger. Hint

My Bart' Kukri 18" is in fact a WICKEDLY Amazing Bitch. S/S Shilen 2oz trigger,HEAVY filled MacaMillion Annie Sillywet,SWFA 5-20x,'horn rings,yada,yada,yada. I probably have a "few" Annie 54's too and Vudoo steals the show. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Some others of the ilk...with my Baby Bart' Specter 18-incher up top,in a MacaMillion Classic(waiting on it's Old Glory version of same to arrive),S/S 2oz Shilen,yada,yada,yada. Hint.

Baby Vudoo happier here. Hint.

Don't fhuqking linger and simply cut to the chase. You will shoot it more than EVERYTHING else you have combined and be grateful at each opportunity,to drive such AMAZING Splendor.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Stick. I’m considering the vudoo. Still not sure I need to swing that much money while building a new house and having just purchased more property. Maybe I should just do a barreled action and squirrel away cash for a stock and scope patiently. I know your right on the vudoo being way more rifle, and I would love to own one. Maybe sell some more crap I don’t use I guess and justify it that way.

Stick. If vudoo, which barrel profile? I use a suppressor so thinking 16.5-18” wouldn’t be slumming a thing. Not sure going 18” has any benefit other than aesthetics or balance. Also what you run ammo wise. Center x? Sk red box?

Mainly be used for range and possibly competitive shooting( fun shoots not anything too serious). I have plenty that shoot minute of squirrel head in the woods

Been using Google fu. Found jim cannon from LRSU testing a bergara. He is 22lrmarksman on Instagram. Groups not all that great with the ammo he was using. Could be ammo, or could be the gun just isn’t that accurate. Time will tell I guess.

The main thing to take away is he has a vudoo and the mags do not interchange between them. They fit but will not feed as a FYI.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the Grand Scheme,the money is dick nothing. Simply roll with the good schit and never look back. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If a can was on the menu,I'd be in 16.5" Mode. Bang for the buck,the cited used Kukri poked in a Terrain,is a rather nice parcel. BT/DT. Hint.

Bottom most.

The Bergara isn't going to be anywhere near the same book,let alone page. The Vudoo is FULL Custom from stem to stern,exceptionally well designed and executed. There's NOTHING to wish/hope/dream for,as it's simply turn-key excellence,from a totally incredible realm. The main thing to take away,is the Vudoo has no equal and the mags are fhuqking flawless. Though mag ride height,is sumptin' out of their control,in several chassis platforms(adjustable height mag catches are being introduced,by some of the chassis Manufacturer's). Hint.

CRF in 22LR is a Mind Fhuqk. hint.

Vudoo Feed/Function And Zero Distortion RINK

Ammo is a function of Logistics and everyone will have an easier route there,than I. Nothing is as fun as 600 and 700yd 22LR Adventures.

Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.