CDNN has some for 299.99

Ugly, but I’ve heard they shoot well.

Last edited by Burbank; 02/01/19.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They are let's say "unique" looking but I'm told the same thing you were. They shoot well.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Handled one. The weird stock felt great. Sure ain't got no alibi, but then neither do I.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
B
Burbank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Hell, I am tempted to buy one at that cost.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
The couple I've grouped on paper shot very well.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Does anyone know if they returned close to zero when the barrel was removed and replaced? No talking about changing calibers, more like using one for a take down.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Are the T/C New Dimension receivers aluminum or steel? I have never seen one in a gun shop.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Are the T/C New Dimension receivers aluminum or steel? I have never seen one in a gun shop.

Aluminum - Bolt locks into the barrel, not the receiver.

Ugly as sin, but the stock design soaks up recoil very well - I have a .300 WM barrel that I have put ~ 120-140 rounds through. Accuracy with 2-3 ammo brands was at least MOA, some slightly better, some closer to 2 MOA.

I bought an early one in 7mm-08 the year they were released, bought at the Great Outdoors Show in PA when they could still sell firearms at the show - pre-NRA for time reference.

The 7mm-08 barrel doesn't have many rounds through it, but it was about the same level of accuracy with factory Remington - didn't play with it as much.

Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Does anyone know if they returned close to zero when the barrel was removed and replaced? No talking about changing calibers, more like using one for a take down.

The barrel removal/replacement zero - no, in my experience - there was a POI shift every time I did it with the scope remaining on the receiver - wasn't "bad", but needed a sighter shot, or two after replacement with the 7mm-08.

Honestly - I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this as I recall, pulled the barrel at the shooting bench and put it back on, fired a group - repeated once or twice - I think the shift was an inch or two IIRC.

My plan was to use the bridge mount that they sell for the barrel and scope, it keeps the scope zeroed to the barrel - in theory.

I wanted to take the rifle out West for an elk hunt, as it is a light and easy carry all day. If you can get past the looks of the stock, it's a pretty handling decent rifle - JMHO.

I decided to look for a 7mm RM / 300 WM barrel and bid on a complete .300 WM rifle when I saw a penny auction on GB - and got the complete rifle for the price of the barrel.

I bought the bridge mount for the 7mm-08 and pulled the barrel. The bridge mount clamps on the rifle barrel and the rear mount replaces the rear scope mount on the receiver with a two-piece clamping block.

My experience with the bridge mount - first ones were soft metal and cracked easily, I broke the clamping bar on mine before reaching what felt like a solid torque - TC did replace it at no charge.

The bridge mount is tall, and long - you are going need low/extra low rings for the scope to sit down where the cheek weld will work/be repeatable.

The length is an issue, a short large-bell scope (50mm) will be hard pressed to sit on the bridge and not hit the surface of the bridge, or has to be very long in the tube body to clear the front of the bridge.

Or you need taller rings - but think of a scope on an M1A without a cheek rest type of height - if you have tried to look or shoot an M1A this way - you get the idea.

When these were introduced, there was a significant PR campaign as well, the "Contender" of the rifle world - multiple barrels, easy swaps, great accessories, and "MANY MORE BARRELS" to offered...

My take-way on the rifle: shoots very good, looks like H3ll, and has been abandoned by TC for other projects, and I think they had a recall on the safety as well.

How long did it take TC to introduce a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel - to the best of my knowledge - this is the ONLY new barrel offering from TC since the rifle was released into the market.

Accessories are becoming non-existent, and few - if any - companies have stepped to fill the gap left by TC to offer barrels and a better scope mount.

The stock comes with LOP spacers, you can adjust it for youth or adult shooters.

If I was buying a low budget rifle for hard use, and getting a good price in a caliber that I wanted - I'd buy it.

I wouldn't recommend to buy one thinking that is has the same utility as an Encore.

Last edited by AH64guy; 02/19/19.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have one in 204. It’s stupid accurate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just bought one ,from CDNN ,as stated ,butt ugly ,but it comes to the cheek really nice. I have not had time to shoot it yet

IC B3

B
Burbank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Update: Bought a 7 mag.

Very accurate.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Have a 204 and 7 mag. Stupid accurate. And while ugly, ergonomics are on point.

B
Burbank Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mjfritz07
Have a 204 and 7 mag. Stupid accurate. And while ugly, ergonomics are on point.

Agree. They were really on to something with the stock design.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 671 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.