Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had good luck with Timney, never an issue.

I was in a gunsmith shop once and witnessed a 1911 go full auto. Full magazine, from the bullet trap, to the walls, and finishing with holes in the ceiling.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are 2 groups of sportsmen:
1. those who don't believe the Remington trigger has a problem. They've never had one improperly fire.
2. those who have had one misbehave.

Those in group 1 will readily convert to group 2 when one of their rifles does misbehave.

I'm betting that there are those in group 1 who still won't ADMIT to converting to group 2 even after experiencing misbehavior.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
had it happen more than once on 700 adl that the trigger had never been messed with.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Remington 700s: The biggest POS hoax perpetrated to the shooting public in a century...

Couldn't agree more- repeated incidents like the above are precisely why there is not a single Remington in my gun safes.

Stuff like this doesn't happen to our Weatherbys.........

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a number of Remington 700's, and have adjusted the triggers on most of them to around 3 lbs. I've never had a problem with a discharge when the safety is released. Nevertheless, I am starting to replace them with Timneys. The risk seems to be low but it appears to be there.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 163bc
The Remington issue has been out there for years. Anyone still running a older Remington Walker style trigger is foolish. There are countless aftermarket solutions. Anyone having one go off on them multiple times without a complete trigger change out is a really slow learner and damned lucky no one got hurt.

They are "lucky" they weren't pointing their rifle at anyone when it went off accidentally? Just out of curiosity, what percentage of time are your rifles pointing at people?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have 8 to 10 Remington 700’s. I guess I need to start working on changing them to Timneys. The videos on u tube make it look easy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If adjusted properly they are excellent triggers.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 3040HighWall
Having owned 50+ rifles w/the Walker trigger, I know this is BS.
Until it happens to you...

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

I'm a Remington fan myself. As of last few tears I have bought mostly Winchester 70s and have grown to like them more than anything else. Why doesn't anyone ever hear about a Winchester 70 trigger releasing the sear when taking off of safety after it has been adjusted by the owners like one constantly hears about the Remingtons?
Totally different safety function - the M70 retracts the firing pin, unlike the Remington designs which do not..

Redneck, are the TriggerTech triggers a simple unscrew the old trigger and replace with the new trigger type conversion. I've got three Remingtons and have never had a problem with the triggers. Adjusted all of them to around 2 1/2 - 3 lbs nearly 25-30 years ago, but religiously clean them with lighter fluid when I clean the guns. I'm getting to the point I think I will change them out before something does happen. I didn't put much credence in all of this for a long time, but I am getting more nervous about it all the time. Maybe something to do with getting older, I think sometimes I may have used most of my good luck up on simple things. My luck doesn't always run as good as James does. I'd hate to shoot my new truck or worse.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Remington 700s: The biggest POS hoax perpetrated to the shooting public in a century...

WHOA! Bigger than Leupold? That's serious!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mine was working fine, but I trashed it for a Timney years ago. It's a better trigger and I trust it not to go bang until I'm ready.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Remington 700 BDL was mfg in 1998 and I had a good gunsmith adjust the trigger to 3 lbs - does it fall into the 'risk category'?? I haven't had a problem, even on cold mornings....yet.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Are there instances of misfires in triggers that have not been adjusted?

I'm interested in the answers to Paul's questions, especially the second one.

Absolutely. I know of two that have never had any fiddling with trigger adjustments.
One went off when he took the safety off to shoot a deer, and the other went off when he went to unload it before leaving his stand.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
My Remington 700 BDL was mfg in 1998 and I had a good gunsmith adjust the trigger to 3 lbs - does it fall into the 'risk category'?? I haven't had a problem, even on cold mornings....yet.
And "yet" is THE operative word... smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by DougD
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Precisely why you don't rely on an empty gun or a safety, If you rely on muzzle control nobody gets hurt when everything else goes wrong.

EXACTLY!! Rule Number ONE.

Have 5 Rem 700's none of which have the original trigger.

Belt and suspenders!

You cannot tell me muzzle control will NEVER fail. It does. Sometimes through no fault of the nut behind the trigger.

And that is the reason for an empty chamber if a hot one is not absolutely mandatory, or highly advisable at thee time.

And here we go again......

I have a 725 and a 700, both with original triggers and never a problem over the last 45 years. But trigger replacement is on my list of to-dos also.

Belt, suspenders, and one hand holding it up.....

Last edited by las; 12/19/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
And "yet" is THE operative word... smile smile

Hey!! I'll take that as to put a new trigger on my to-do list, thank you.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DougD
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I havea 6mm 700 ADL converted to BDL. Will leave it to my son but he is not the rifle loony I am so a new trigger is on my list.

Thinking Trigger Tech. Anyone recommend something else?

Have had good luck with Jewell but a bit pricey.
Rifle Basix?

Have both. The Jewell feels a lot better than the Rifle Basix, although both feel better than the factory trigger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Because the Rifle Basix replacement trigger uses the rifle’s current factory safety switch, do the old switches that have a bolt lock down tab work as originally designed? CP.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hey, it hasnt happened to me and I havent seen it so I think its BS. I've seen ever thing. crazy

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why even put an adjustment feature on them....
Then turn around and say it went bang cause you or a " gunsmith" adjusted it.

That argument holds no water.

Do they say how to adjust them in the owners manual ????

If so, then it is oxymoronical for Remington to make an adjustable trigger, put it the owners manual how to do it.
Then blame the user for doing it if that is the case.

I have seen their M40 sniper rifles discharge closing the bolt chambering a round several times.

Last edited by renegade50; 12/19/19.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.