-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never had a trigger fail on my Remingtons but I did have a failure to feed.

While on a Mule Deer/Elk hunt in Colorado I had placed two shots from my 700 Classic/35 Whelan into the vitals of a mule deer.The guide had urged all of the hunters in our camp to shoot until the animal falls.While chambering a third round,the bolt jammed the round and it crimped the neck,not allowing the round to ever chamber,even after clearing the jam.Fortunately I didn't need the third round and the Muley fell after a few long seconds.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never had to put three rounds into a deer.

out of a hundred++ only a couple needed two.

Never needed a guide for ANY

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry "Douchbag/HERPES SIMPLEX" Root.

Fixed

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
You will not find a box trigger on any military rifle I know off.

What do you think the M24 and the M40 use? Both Remington rifles and used by the Army and Marines.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord aka slimelord

Well aren't you special.LOL

My friend owned the ranch and I received a fully guided 5 day hunt with pack animals and meals for $400.00.

I bagged an Elk and Mule deer.

Suck on that moron.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
If I wanted a cheap built POS I'd buy a Savage. At least they put the safety in the right spot.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

I've never used a guide for deer either. Hell, I can go one hundred yards behind my neighborhood and shoot them. Haven't killed as many as you, maybe 60, but all with just one shot. I guess I'm missing the point of multiple shots and guided hunts, which I DO go on a lot of them....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There are 2 groups of sportsmen:
1. those who don't believe the Remington trigger has a problem. They've never had one fire.
2. those who have had one misbehave.

Those in group 1 will readily convert to group 2 when one of their rifles does misbehave.

Don’t forget group 3... those who’ve never owned a Remington rifle in their lives and don’t intend to start now...

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lot of good advice, some bad advice, and a whole lot of uncalled for "advice"...........lol.

I started to keep what happened to myself and not post it for the world to see, but did so for the following reason..........ever since the all the news has come out about Remington triggers on the 700 and 7 models, I was in that group of people who said "it's never happened to me, and because it hasn't, I don't believe it's a fault of Remington." Now, I can no longer say that, and after giving it careful thought, I decided to share my experience in the hope that it might prevent an accident by someone else.

A gun going off unexpectedly............regardless of the make or model, is not a good thing, and is nothing to disregard.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
You will not find a box trigger on any military rifle I know off.

What do you think the M24 and the M40 use? Both Remington rifles and used by the Army and Marines.

USMC followed the lead of SEALS and then SOCOM and is moving to Accuracy International in .300 Win Mag.

https://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=1226

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
1. those who don't believe the Remington trigger has a problem. They've never had one fire.

Those in group 1 will readily convert to group 2 when one of their rifles does misbehave.

Don’t forget group 3... those who’ve never owned a Remington rifle in their lives and don’t intend to start now...

Present.///

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by efw

Present.///

Having never owned one is the only way to talk intelligently about them, based on Fire logic.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Lot of good advice, some bad advice, and a whole lot of uncalled for "advice"...........lol.

I started to keep what happened to myself and not post it for the world to see, but did so for the following reason..........ever since the all the news has come out about Remington triggers on the 700 and 7 models, I was in that group of people who said "it's never happened to me, and because it hasn't, I don't believe it's a fault of Remington." Now, I can no longer say that, and after giving it careful thought, I decided to share my experience in the hope that it might prevent an accident by someone else.

A gun going off unexpectedly............regardless of the make or model, is not a good thing, and is nothing to disregard.

And I for one am very glad you did.

I too have had a couple of Accidental discharges with my Rem 700 mtn rifle. At both times I did not remember touching the trigger but I put it down to I must have done something wrong - a little buck fever MAYBE on the first occasion and MAYBE all thumbs when unloading another time after a hunt. I have the type of safety that locks up the bolt and trigger and have to take the safety off when unloading.

Now I'm not so sure. Maybe I never touched the trigger at all(I certainly don't remember consiously doing that).

I'm seriously thinking now about replacing the triggers on both my ADL and BDL. I don't want to have to modify the stock or trigger guard so looking for suggestions as to the best and simplest drop in model with the least hassle?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by PSE
[

I'm seriously thinking now about replacing the triggers on both my ADL and BDL. I don't want to have to modify the stock or trigger guard so looking for suggestions as to the best and simplest drop in model with the least hassle?

Timney triggers swap out in about 20-30 mins.- depends on how often you have to rewind the video on You-Tube.

It really is easy if you have any mechanical aptitude.

I have done 2 of 'em and need to do 2 more.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 12/22/19.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw

Present.///

Hahaha. 4.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

Bam!!!!!!

Lol!!!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by efw

Present.///

What a lying POS you are.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-response-to-cnbc-under-fire#Post6205710

[
You guys are wasting your time by providing not only facts but personal experiences with the 700 aficionados. Whilst the chances are extremely slim of an AD and or the rest of the 700's shortcomings, you'll just be labeled a Remington hater. I own ONE 700, a 22-250 heavy barrel SS varmint rifle. Superbly accurate, but I use it exclusively on ground hogs from a fixed position and as a single shot mostly. jorge

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-your-biggest-disappointment#Post6150942

Remington 700 Classic in 35 Wheelen. Waited for it a long time. When it came the lug channels were overcut and the bolt would hang up as it "overotated", jammed and could not be retracted. And that is before I learned about all the other crap about glued bolt handles, fail on fire safeties and sheet metal extractors.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by JamesJr
No one on this site is as big a fan of Remington firearms as I am, and despite all the negative publicity, I've always had good luck out of them.............until this morning. I have a Remington Model 7 Predator that I bought new in either 2008 or 09, not sure just know it was as soon as I found out about them being introduced. It's always been one of my favorite rifles, it's in 223 and a very good shooter. When I got it, I adjusted the trigger to 3-3 1/2 pounds, and it's been very consistent........and yes, I adjusted it properly.

About 3 years ago, I was shooting at a coyote one real cold morning, and when I flipped the safety off, the rifle fired. I was wearing gloves that morning, and thought I had put my finger on the trigger unknowingly. To be sure, I took the rifle apart, cleaned the trigger with gas, blew it clean with air, put it back together, and tried to get it to accidently fire probably 50 times, and it would not. I have used this rifle a bunch since then with zero problems.

Now, fast forward until last week. Took it out to check the zero, and the first time I went to fire it, it went off as soon as the safety was released......but again as before, the weather was cold and I had on gloves, so I suspected a light trigger pull and the fact that arthritis makes my fingers not have a lot sensitivity. Again, I took it apart, cleaned it good, checked the pull, and tried to make it go off again a number of times, and it didn't. Took it hunting yesterday morning, and checked it again several times, by pointing it upward with a loaded chamber and taking the safety off............and it never fired.

This morning, I went coyote hunting again, and having no luck, decided to shoot a crow. It went off again prematurely, and again, I had on gloves which made me think......but, I knew I had not put pressure on the trigger. So, I tried it a second time, finger nowhere near the trigger, and the rifle fired when I took the safety off.

I've got a bunch of Remington rifles, several with the Walker trigger, and have never had a problem until now. I don't like the XMark-Pro trigger, and have replaced most of mine either with a Timney or put in a spring from Ernie the Gunsmith. On this particular rifle, I know the trigger isn't full of oil and grime, and I know it was adjusted properly. I am going to replace it......today. I'll toss the old one, which is apparently a Walker style, as it's not the newer ones. I don't trust it anymore..........period. I still like my Remington rifles, and would buy another one day with no qualms whatsoever. But, I will no longer defend their trigger issue, and it is a major issue, as I can now personally attest.

One word: TriggerTech....

Shilen here when they started replacing with crappy triggers. Still never had an issue with an old R trigger. That said hadn't they started to replace with the stupid non adjustable ones by 2008 already?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by efw

Present.///

Having never owned one is the only way to talk intelligently about them, based on Fire logic.

Logic, from someone whose handle starts with "girl"? lol I don't have to go out and buy a Yugo to know they are a POS. The fact there are literally VOLUMES of posts here and elsewhere on this POS, not to mention other forums, an entire cottage industry centered around "improving" the 700 and of course LOTS of litigation to make me go out and buy one to "evaluate" it. Sure, I used logic, a concept that apparently frightens and confuses you...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by efw

Present.///

What a lying POS you are.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-response-to-cnbc-under-fire#Post6205710

[
You guys are wasting your time by providing not only facts but personal experiences with the 700 aficionados. Whilst the chances are extremely slim of an AD and or the rest of the 700's shortcomings, you'll just be labeled a Remington hater. I own ONE 700, a 22-250 heavy barrel SS varmint rifle. Superbly accurate, but I use it exclusively on ground hogs from a fixed position and as a single shot mostly. jorge

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-your-biggest-disappointment#Post6150942

Remington 700 Classic in 35 Wheelen. Waited for it a long time. When it came the lug channels were overcut and the bolt would hang up as it "overotated", jammed and could not be retracted. And that is before I learned about all the other crap about glued bolt handles, fail on fire safeties and sheet metal extractors.

Yes and it stays up in PA. A few guys form the Campfire have shot it and in reality, even though it was purchased by me, I gave it to my FIL, but yes, you got me on the "never". i guessed it should have been "never again". Feel better now, honey or perhaps a Midol would help?

Never paid for it. It stayed in the store, so I never owned it.

You should stick to making coffee and sandwiches....

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.