-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw this the other day and passed over it. However started thinking about it as today I was supposed to pick my mother up from the airport in KC to spend the holidays with us. She never made it. Instead she was found after having had a stroke and rushed to Pontiac St. Joseph Hospital.
We'll be heading to Michigan for Christmas to spend some time with her in the hospital.

Here's a pic of the two women in my life, my wife and my mom, from Christmas just a few years ago. We visited her in Michigan and went to Frankenmuth to visit Bronner's and have some chicken at Zehnder's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I lost my mom, and best friend in Nov 2005. Still miss her !
Dad's in a home (his choice) and had several strokes - now dementia is setting in - but I try to do the "Raton jailbreak" every couple of weeks - get him out, better food, go see the ranch, etc. Mostly, just get him out of "prison"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Last Christmas was my mother's last Christmas....

I didn't get to spend it with her, due to being busy taking care of things here...

She passed on January 5th....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by skeen
I saw this the other day and passed over it. However started thinking about it as today I was supposed to pick my mother up from the airport in KC to spend the holidays with us. She never made it. Instead she was found after having had a stroke and rushed to Pontiac St. Joseph Hospital.
We'll be heading to Michigan for Christmas to spend some time with her in the hospital.

Here's a pic of the two women in my life, my wife and my mom, from Christmas just a few years ago. We visited her in Michigan and went to Frankenmuth to visit Bronner's and have some chicken at Zehnder's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

enjoy your time with your mom SKeen.....as posted below, lost mine just after Christmas...

wish she was here this Christmas....

just got back from visiting my stepfather in an Assisted Living Facility down in CA...

he's healthy, but I worry about him checking himself out... he's 88 years old and now ALL Alone...
regardless of all the people around him...

I don't want to hit that age and be in that position...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I got to spend my mothers 90th B-day with her this past summer. Each year the long trip to Arizona becomes more worthwhile, I suspect I'll be going back this winter.

Dale

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had to put my mother in a memory care facility last Tuesday. She had deteriorated to a point where we could no longer take care of her at home. If she makes it to this Christmas, it will very likely be her last. She is 93 and until the last couple of months has been getting around pretty well. It is sad to see the recent change.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by doubletap
I had to put my mother in a memory care facility last Tuesday. She had deteriorated to a point where we could no longer take care of her at home. If she makes it to this Christmas, it will very likely be her last. She is 93 and until the last couple of months has been getting around pretty well. It is sad to see the recent change.

Been there. Very sad time.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I lost my mom 12-17-12. I was with her everyday for 3 years before. I go to the cemetery every day to say Thank You.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Had to move mom and dad into a senior community last year. Really tuff watching them both fade away, but very thankful for the time I get to spend with them. This is the first time I heard my mom wonder if this will be her last Christmas.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a lucky guy to still have Mom around now that she's 93. Lives in assisted living and I'm over there several times a week. All her kids & grand kids will be there Xmas eve in a reserved party room at the place she lives in. She does well and has her wits about her but I realize that time is getting short for us all, as I'm almost 70 now. All we can do is enjoy the time we have left as life runs its course.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My mom is 91 and just came home after a minor stroke. She’s semi estranged from two of her children, and all but a couple of her grandkids are too self absorbed to pay any attention. Getting to be physically limited to,the point where she’s dependent on help. She’s hurting, physically and emotionally, and is about done keeping on.

Losing her will be far easier than being 6,000 miles away with nothing but a phone connection.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm blessed. Mom is 86 and lives just across the street. She's actually preparing Christmas dinner for my family, bro and sis's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You only get one momma.

There is nothing harder in life than losing ones mother.

One of the toughest, nastiest dudes I’ve met told me w tears in his eyes. “ you just don’t know what it’s like to spend mother’s day w’out your mom “

Left an impression.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My mother passed at 50. God bless her and she was my Mom but that woman dragged drama around like and anchor from a freighter. She had health issues and used them to get attention among other things. When my Dad had enough and left he left that burden on me. I love her and always will but its a tough love. i had to pay for her funeral and burial cause my siblings wouldn't. She was a hard woman to deal with for sure. I love her though and miss her but i dont miss the emotional stress.

Last edited by k20350; 12/22/19.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Reading through this makes me tear up. Mine never met my children or their kids!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.