Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
An address to the American people from the White House:

“I spend this anniversary and festival far from my country, far from my family, yet I cannot truthfully say that I feel far from home. Whether it be the ties of blood on my mother's side, or the friendships I have developed here over many years of active life, or the commanding sentiment of comradeship in the common cause of great peoples who speak the same language, who kneel at the same altars and, to a very large extent, pursue the same ideals, I cannot feel myself a stranger here in the centre and at the summit of the United States. I feel a sense of unity and fraternal association which, added to the kindliness of your welcome, convinces me that I have a right to sit at your fireside and share your Christmas joys.

This is a strange Christmas Eve. Almost the whole world is locked in deadly struggle, and, with the most terrible weapons which science can devise, the nations advance upon each other. Ill would it be for us this Christmastide if we were not sure that no greed for the land or wealth of any other people, no vulgar ambition, no morbid lust for material gain at the expense of others, had led us to the field. Here, in the midst of war, raging and roaring over all the lands and seas, creeping nearer to our hearts and homes, here, amid all the tumult, we have tonight the peace of the spirit in each cottage home and in every generous heart.

Therefore we may cast aside for this night at least the cares and dangers which beset us, and make for the children an evening of happiness in a world of storm. Here, then, for one night only, each home throughout the English-speaking world should be a brightly-lighted island of happiness and peace.

Let the children have their night of fun and laughter. Let the gifts of Father Christmas delight their play. Let us grown-ups share to the full in their unstinted pleasures before we turn again to the stern task and the formidable years that lie before us, resolved that, by our sacrifice and daring, these same children shall not be robbed of their inheritance or denied their right to live in a free and decent world.

And so, in God's mercy, a happy Christmas to you all.”

- Winston Churchill.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It was a long hard struggle.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Remember him. He saved us all.

He was one of the greatest Americans of all time, made an American citizen by a special act of Congress.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-oval-office-as-donald-trump-settles-in

Churchill bust in Oval Office again as Donald Trump settles in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Here, then, for one night only, each home throughout the English-speaking world should be a brightly-lighted island of happiness and peace."

Sounds like a racist, bigoted, White nationalist. And why didn't he dedicate a portion of his speech to the LGBTQI population?? I'm calling the Hate Police....

/sarc

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Remember him. He saved us all.

He was one of the greatest Americans of all time, made an American citizen by a special act of Congress.

He was also American by way of his American mother.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a bit different take on Sir Winston.

IMO he was all about preserving the Empire and preserving the ruling class.

The populace didn't want to hear about endeavoring to persevere. They wanted to hear about ways to feed, clothe, and house their families. If WWI did nothing else, it taught average Englishman that the ruling class maintained their privilege on the back of tens of thousands of commoner dead. They weren't at all in tune with the 1939 Expeditionary Force getting them into another blood bath, right or wrong.

Churchill was desperate to get the USA involved to save his Empire, and the Japs obliged him.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Talk about a backbone - all of free Europe & the world owes that man for standing fast against the Nazis.
We will never see his like again.

RIP Winston.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Churchill understood much that many fail to see, or refuse to see today.

In an article in the Illustrated Sunday Herald on February 8, 1920, Winston Churchill asserted::
There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution by these international and for the most part atheistic Jews. It is certainly a very great one; it probably outweighs all others. With the notable exception of Lenin, the majority of the leading figures are Jews"

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Peace on Earth. Goodwill to ALL men.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Steve
Peace on Earth. Goodwill to ALL men.

Thank you Jesus. Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc appreciate that. Me, I'll stick with common sense and righteous retribution.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you, Girlhunter.

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Steve
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you, Girlhunter.

You forgot Kwanzaa, you racist bastard.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

Me, I'll stick with common sense and righteous retribution.

When, are you planning to start ?

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 12/24/19.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

When you learn to use an apostrophe correctly. Girlhunter out.

Steve Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

When you learn to use an apostrophe correctly. Girlhunter out.

You meant "comma-ment" correctly?

Good tidings to all.

Last edited by Steve; 12/24/19.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I admire Churchill for his flaws as a young man and later. He difinitely grew wiser and was a great leader. Didn’t take him long to figure Hitler and Stalin out. I wish more people had listened before it was too late. His bust resides in Trump’s White House for a reason. MAGA

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PaleRider
Talk about a backbone - all of free Europe & the world owes that man for standing fast against the Nazis.
We will never see his like again.

RIP Winston.

I think we have his better in Donald Trump. He is fighting unconventional warfare in WW3 to save us all from the NWO illuminati cabal who controls almost all except the Marines and military intelligence.

He is fighting more than flesh and blood. He is fighting the spawn of the evil one, Satan, Lucifer, the snake who has led the world astray to separate Him from His.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've read a few biographies of Winston Churchill. He was a fascinating man, and a true hero. However, did you know his family was concerned he was going to renounce Christianity and convert to Islam?

He points out that Lady Gwendoline’s concerns may not have been so wide of the mark. Not only did Churchill appear to regard Islam and Christianity as equals – a surprisingly progressive notion for the time – but he also admired the military prowess and history of expansion of the Ottoman Empire.

In October 1940, as Britain faced its darkest hour against Nazi Germany, Churchill approved plans to build a mosque in central London and set aside £100,000 for the project. He continued to back the building of what became the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park – which he hoped would win support for Britain in the Muslim world at a crucial moment – even in the face of public criticism.

Churchill and Islam - Daily Telegraph

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I have a bit different take on Sir Winston.

IMO he was all about preserving the Empire and preserving the ruling class.

The populace didn't want to hear about endeavoring to persevere. They wanted to hear about ways to feed, clothe, and house their families. If WWI did nothing else, it taught average Englishman that the ruling class maintained their privilege on the back of tens of thousands of commoner dead. They weren't at all in tune with the 1939 Expeditionary Force getting them into another blood bath, right or wrong.

Churchill was desperate to get the USA involved to save his Empire, and the Japs obliged him.

Much of this is dead nuts on the money.....

However he was a close friend of Franklin Roosevelt and was among the very few that believed that Hitler was talking of what he actually believed in Mein Kanph. Churchill acted on it and Chamberlain didn't.....as a human being was as flawed as any of us but as a statesman was an international hero.

He was right when he said that we could help him fight the Nazis and if we didn't would have to fight them alone.....it may not have set well but was absolutely correct.

What Churchill did had some flaws but none of them as horrible as Roosevelt allowing McCarthur to invade the Phillipines when it could have just been bypassed.

Yes....you're right....Churchill wasn't flawless by any means.....but he did what he had to do.....lets give him that much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1minute, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.