Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you live long enough you're going to have a long line of things behind you that you would have done differently with the hind sight of a senior citizen.

There's no reason for them to become regrets.

You are a wise man . Merry Christmas

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The only thing i truly regret is when my Father was put in the hospital after beating lung tumors 3 times.

They came back the last time and even my Mother was told it was not a bad deal because he did so good the other times.

I found out a few hours when calling to see how he was doing.

All the things that have happened in my life have made me the person i am today.

For better or worse.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't hate the mistakes that made you who you are today.
Many times the deep regret you feel about something has solidified your character, tuned your moral compass, and made you the man you are.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only one, I listened to my mother...

I was a senior and 17 years old, sitting at the table I said I was going join the Army, my stepdad the Marine said BS, if you join anything it will be the Marines.

My mom said you are both FOS, you could get killed, you are going to college.

Dave

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I regret not making better choices, stupidity is expensive! Love more and hate less, find Jesus as soon as you can, let him guide your steps, the past regrets will fade away, enjoy your blessings of today.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockchucker
we regret not having children. i will die an old lonely man unfortunately

So far so good on this. No kids and not a regret. Didn't happen and thats that. Life. Not gonna waste time about things that can't be changed.
Even with kids I"ve seen the kids die first and parents are still alone. Enjoy life. Its whats given to us. We get to do with the lemons the best we can.

Merry Christmas my friend!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Nearly 70 and I wished I had lived differently. All would have been different had I lived for Christ. I was prideful, mean spirited and struggled to find peace.

Accumulated money and a secure lifestyle, but at the expense of treating people well. I now have peace, but a lot of lost years. Many people that I could and should have treated better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
My 35 year old son told me that I am wealthy because I'm satisfied with what I have.

Truly wise words to live by.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I regret not having another child with my second wife. I had two with the first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Hastings
My 35 year old son told me that I am wealthy because I'm satisfied with what I have.

Truly wise words to live by.

Originally Posted by camdog

Nearly 70 and I wished I had lived differently. All would have been different had I lived for Christ. I was prideful, mean spirited and struggled to find peace.

Accumulated money and a secure lifestyle, but at the expense of treating people well. I now have peace, but a lot of lost years. Many people that I could and should have treated better.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The hurt I’ve caused to people that loved me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockchucker
we regret not having children. i will die an old lonely man unfortunately

So far so good on this. No kids and not a regret. Didn't happen and thats that. Life. Not gonna waste time about things that can't be changed.
Even with kids I"ve seen the kids die first and parents are still alone. Enjoy life. Its whats given to us. We get to do with the lemons the best we can.

Merry Christmas my friend!

we're enjoying life very much so Jeff thank you

and merry Christmas to u and yours

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tri70
I regret not making better choices, stupidity is expensive! Love more and hate less, find Jesus as soon as you can, let him guide your steps, the past regrets will fade away, enjoy your blessings of today.

agreed, I was 48 when I was born again. I learned it has nothing to with religion, but all to do about faith.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Be sure to tell your parents "Thank You " for all they did for you as you grew up..
When they are gone you can't!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,690 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.