Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jimmyp
these conversations become funny after a while. I was at the range yesterday and while I did not shoot that well, everything that I had worked as advertised. I saw two red dot type optics fail on other peoples guns yesterday.

Which ones?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
ARIC

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
one was a tube like device UTG maybe, the other was a vortex don't know which model, excuse me if I offend, people are free to spend their money as they please and so am I.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Petro
I've got two of the Vortex Sparc II red dots from Brownells and two of the Vortex Spitfire 1x prism sights (don't know if you can still find these).

Both are very clear and I think the Sparc II is a great sight for the money. A buddy has a Trijicon MRO and while I'm sure it's more robust and the battery life is better, the glass has a blue tint, isn't as clear, and the red dot isn't as sharp to my eye.

I can buy 4 Vortex Sparc IIs for the same price as 1 MRO.

True. I think the high quality red dot sights use heavy tints because it works better and military will use lights or some sort of night vision.

However, for predator calling I wouldn't want anything with rubber button controls. Somehow a splinter got inside the button cover on a SPARC I had. The sight was not usable after that. Vortex sent a new one. I sold it.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would probably be a good idea to buy 4 Vortex dots at a time. That way you've always got a spare while the others are being sent back for repair.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A friend has a Holosite that had a small solar panel on it.

Shot it a lot over the last couple of weeks and it works well and is not hard to adjust.

I have an EOTECH on my pistol and it works well also.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
It would probably be a good idea to buy 4 Vortex dots at a time. That way you've always got a spare while the others are being sent back for repair.

LOL, Spot on Bluedreaux

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

grin Maybe...but I haven't had any issues yet

I'd much rather have a bunch of Aimpoints, and I plan on going that direction, but until I get everything switched over I fully anticipate the little Sparcs to keep on trucking.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I put a PA 1X prism on an upper just recently. I like the etched reticle that doesn't require power, and the diopter adjustment for older eyes.

Haven't put the light on yet, but soon.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1x-compact-prism-scope-with-acss-cyclops-reticle-fde

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just ordered a Primary Arms SLxZ red dot and the reason being it has the ACSS reticle in it and it is a 1x25 instead of 1x20. Might view me a better view even though I shoot red dots both eyes open this should allow for faster pickup. I will see.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/primary-arms-slxz-25-red-dot-sight.html

Last edited by BluMtn; 01/24/20.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just ordered the same one today in black.
For the price and reviews nothing compared.

I put a PA 1X prism on an upper just recently. I like the etched reticle that doesn't require power, and the diopter adjustment for older eyes.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1x-compact-prism-scope-with-acss-cyclops-reticle-fde

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BluMtn

Just ordered a Primary Arms SLxZ red dot and the reason being it has the ACSS reticle in it and it is a 1x25 instead of 1x20. Might view me a better view even though I shoot red dots both eyes open this should allow for faster pickup. I will see.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/primary-arms-slxz-25-red-dot-sight.html

Well no idea when red dot was going to show up so cancelled order and ordered 1x. Since I already have a 5x on my coyote gun it should work the same.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
It depends on what you need. If the shooter has a tendency to see starburst instead a round dot, getting a model that offers shaped dot reticles helps. Reason being the dot is emitted through a filter that blocks off the part of the dot that flares. If your shooters have perfect eyes you don't need that.

Can you elaborate on this? I have astigmatism and red dots look horrible unless looking through a magnifier. I could get a prism scope but if a red dot looked clearer, I would appreciate the lower weight and the eye relief. Thanks.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.