-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I own a couple SWFA 5-20x50 HD with lit reticle. Good scopes....Now that SWFA will let a guy add bushings for a ZeroStop, is nice.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Fred, you get all the hot chicks!...Girlhunter jumping up and down, Screaming at you, “I Love You”.....”I want you inside me”...Crying here!

It’s always funny listening to a struggling sack of shît who couldn’t hold her own pussy water when Renegade made the drive to tune her up at a roadside diner, trying to be relevant. Laughing even more.

😎

[quote=Girlhunter]I can't wait for Larry to tell everyone how great pussy is. That should be enough to drive Freddy out of the closet.

Boy bud you ph ucked up that story about renegade ...

Last edited by 79S; 12/28/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One thing I have realized is that for more limited use rifles, they don’t need a scope. Just a rail and I will take the 3 shots necessary to zero when they are put into service. Definitely leaning towards quality over quantity when it comes to scopes

Last edited by Calvin; 12/28/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fredIII
I have 2 3-15x40 SS SFP MOA/MOA that are used I’d trade for a SS 3-9 HD that’s used.
For the guys who like classics and could care less about glass.

1100 looks and not one taker speaks volumes.

It says that nobody who intentionally bought a FFP MRAD scope wants your SFP MOA scopes wink

BTW, I’ve won or placed on the podium of multiple Practical Rifle matches using a SWFA 10x Classic just to prove that they’re plenty good enough to get the job done. I had other scope options that were more PRS-appropriate sitting on my shelf that retail for up to $2,500, but I wanted to prove a point. I’ve also killed critters at first and last light with the Classic 6x and 10x here in AB. Maybe in the lighting conditions you usually hunt the Classics aren’t ideal, but you can’t tell me they’re no good on a hunting rifle in general.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 79S
Fred, you get all the hot chicks!...Girlhunter jumping up and down, Screaming at you, “I Love You”.....”I want you inside me”...Crying here!

It’s always funny listening to a struggling sack of shît who couldn’t hold her own pussy water when Renegade made the drive to tune her up at a roadside diner, trying to be relevant. Laughing even more.

😎

[quote=Girlhunter]I can't wait for Larry to tell everyone how great pussy is. That should be enough to drive Freddy out of the closet.

She's another liberal sack of shiet, living in a liberal sack of shiet state.

Last edited by Girlhunter; 12/28/19.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I have 2 3-15x40 SS SFP MOA/MOA that are used I’d trade for a SS 3-9 HD that’s used.
For the guys who like classics and could care less about glass.

1100 looks and not one taker speaks volumes.

It says that nobody who intentionally bought a FFP MRAD scope wants your SFP MOA scopes wink

BTW, I’ve won or placed on the podium of multiple Practical Rifle matches using a SWFA 10x Classic just to prove that they’re plenty good enough to get the job done. I had other scope options that were more PRS appropriate sitting on my shelf that retail for up to $2,500, but I wanted to prove a point. I’ve also killed critters at first and last light with the Classic 6x and 10x here in AB. Maybe in the lighting conditions you usually hunt the Classics aren’t ideal, but you can’t tell me they’re no good on a hunting rifle in general.

From an elk hunting pic I saw, I'm certain he'd trade for METH.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by 79S

😎

Beaver is far from being a liberal..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Originally Posted by 79S

😎

Beaver is far from being a liberal..

And Girlhunter is far from capable of manhood. LOL.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jordan the classics leaves way more wants than it satisfies for me.

Function is 80% for me and they nail that. but clarity ergonomics ect, suck and the last 20% is worth me spending far more than 300$.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/28/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I own a couple SWFA 5-20x50 HD with lit reticle. Good scopes....Now that SWFA will let a guy add bushings for a ZeroStop, is nice.

😎

I read that right you’re a liberal who would have thought a guy in a maga hat voted for blue. 😂. Someone is reaching to offend and falling short as usual.

100$ Hillary C is better looking than MZ Maggie. LMFAO.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/28/19.
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Definitely, and weighs less to boot.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I’ve seen pics.

Lololol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan the classics leaves way more wants than it satisfies for me.

Function is 80% for me and they nail that. but clarity ergonomics ect, suck and the last 20% is worth me spending far more than 300$.

I understand your perspective being that you hunt in dim, overcast conditions much of the time. But for my uses the clarity of the Classics is where we disagree. The clarity is plenty good enough to enable me to hit small things close or far in any lighting condition I'm likely to encounter where I usually hunt. The ergos aren't ideal for a slim, lightweight rig, but for a standard-weight or heavier, it's no big deal. I have better scopes costing a whole lot more, but the Classics are the best bang-for-buck in my scope collection by far.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

😎

I read that right you’re a liberal who would have thought a guy in a maga hat voted for blue. 😂. Someone is reaching to offend and falling short as usual.

I saw a picture of the meth whore with an elk, [bleep] that was a funny ass picture. That bitch has smoked more crack than black cock, something Angela Browne can't say.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
BTW, I’ve won or placed on the podium of multiple Practical Rifle matches using a SWFA 10x Classic just to prove that they’re plenty good enough to get the job done. I had other scope options that were more PRS-appropriate sitting on my shelf that retail for up to $2,500, but I wanted to prove a point. I’ve also killed critters at first and last light with the Classic 6x and 10x here in AB. Maybe in the lighting conditions you usually hunt the Classics aren’t ideal, but you can’t tell me they’re no good on a hunting rifle in general.

I think that says a lot, regarding the 10x Classic, in competitions Jordan. And your field shooting abilities.

Jason

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the 6x and 10x Classics for their mechanical qualities. Tracking and zero retention.

And I agree with Hig that the MQ reticle agrees with my eye more than any other. I dial elevation and slide wind. The 6x guides bullets just fine in most open country situations. I have also used the 6x on my heavy barrel 10/22 to shoot sage rats as close as 10 yards. No problems close or far. I've also used the 10x Classic a fair bit. Not as forgiving of eye placement as the 6x, but the extra magnification is helpful for certain uses.

That said, they aren't the best for stray light or glare. Probably not an issue for most shooters. I have a 6x on an accurate centerfire that has noticeable parallax when the reticle and target are sharpest. I can eliminate the parallax, but the image degrades. I can still hit targets at extended ranges, and spot my hits/misses at 500 and beyond. Plenty good to guide bullets, but it's not an observation device.

The 3-9x is a step up optically, but I don't know that it's a huge step up in light transmission. Definitely better in terms of flare and glare. Mine had a bit of parallax at 500, and obviously there is no way to adjust for it on the scope. Doesn't matter what scope you use, you still need to deal with parallax off the scope anyway, right?

The 3-15x are not my cup of tea. I think they are the worst optically of the Classics so I can see how Fred isn't a fan. And SFP and MOA would suck. I do understand his needs. The coastal mountains can be very steep, deep, and dark. It gets pitch black in those hell holes well before legal sunset. Definitely not like shooting in a Kansas cornfield.

Just trying to put some perspective on the needs/uses and capabilities of these scopes. Hope that helps those new to these scopes.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 12/28/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I like the 6x and 10x Classics for their mechanical qualities. Tracking and zero retention.

And I agree with Hig that the MQ reticle agrees with my eye more than any other. I dial elevation and slide wind. The 6x guides bullets just fine in most open country situations. I have also used the 6x on my heavy barrel 10/22 to shoot sage rats as close as 10 yards. No problems close or far. I've also used the 10x Classic a fair bit. Not as forgiving of eye placement as the 6x, but the extra magnification is helpful for certain uses.

That said, they aren't the best for stray light or glare. Probably not an issue for most shooters. I have a 6x on an accurate centerfire that has noticeable parallax when the reticle and target are sharpest. I can eliminate the parallax, but the image degrades. I can still hit targets at extended ranges, and spot my hits/misses at 500 and beyond. Plenty good to guide bullets, but it's not an observation device.

The 3-9x is a step up optically, but I don't know that it's a huge step up in light transmission. Definitely better in terms of flare and glare. Mine had a bit of parallax at 500, and obviously there is no way to adjust for it on the scope. Doesn't matter what scope you use, you still need to deal with parallax off the scope anyway, right?

The 3-15x are not my cup of tea. I think they are the worst optically of the Classics so I can see how Fred isn't a fan. And SFP and MOA would suck. I do understand his needs. The coastal mountains can be very steep, deep, and dark. It gets pitch black in those hell holes well before legal sunset. Definitely not like shooting in a Kansas cornfield.

Just trying to put some perspective on the needs/uses and capabilities of these scopes. Hope that helps those new to these scopes.

Jason

Agree 100%

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
The 6x and 10x MQ SWFA's are proof that God loves us.

Fred just aint figured out that killings easy.....

Or he forgot that he doesn't care what anybody else scopes their rifle with....

Come on Frud, the Leupold Fan Boys could use some troll love too.

wink

@fredIII

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Higbean
I have yet to see a reticle I like more on a sub $3,000 scope.

And the glass is very usable imho.

Not 6x Leupold great, but pretty close.

Exactly! I don't have any complaints with my six SWFA "junkers". I don't know what some here expect from glass, but mine guide bullets very well. I guess if you like to drop $1000 plus on scopes that make you feel better, go for it.

The scope in question has had a bad reputation, so if you did not pay attention to that, then it is nobody else's fault but your own.

SWFA will take care of you.

I’d had this 1-4 for about 4 years I’d guess. At the time of purchase I don’t think it’s flaws were as well documented as they are now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean
The 6x and 10x MQ SWFA's are proof that God loves us.

Fred just aint figured out that killings easy.....

Or he forgot that he doesn't care what anybody else scopes their rifle with....

Come on Frud, the Leupold Fan Boys could use some troll love too.

wink

@fredIII

Fred got tossed back into purgatory for discussing Girlhunter’s secret desires...Prayers sent 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.