Print Thread
Hop To
A
Aviator Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Anybody hunted with this outfitter for rifle elk?

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have not hunted with them but I was a neighbor for a number of years when I lived in Wyoming. Good hunter with good staff. He is in a great elk area next to the Parks. I'm sure you'd have a good hunt with a good chance for a big bull as anybody. I will say that they have the knowledge on how to take pics of elk bulls that their clients have killed. I've look at numerous "hero" pics and they can make a good bull appear like it was in Jurassic Park.

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
I’ve rifle hunted with them three times and am booked for my fourth hunt in 2021. Can’t say enough about the guides and their knowledge of the elk and the hunt area. They hunt hard and give 100% effort to ensure you have an opportunity at a good bull. Feel free to PM me and I’d be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you might have.

Eli

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good to hear. My son and I have a hunt booked with them in '21 also.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
smokepole, what season did you book for 2021?

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
IIRC, it's October 11-18th, but I'll need to check that.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I’m booked on the Sept. 20th boundary Hunt in 2021.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good luck, but leave a few for us, eh??

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
The boundary hunt will be a good one. We are booked in the Game Warden camp Oct 19-26. Hopefully you two will save some meat bulls for us to chase. If either of you have any questions on what to expect about the area or the hunt just let me know.

Eli

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by stevevan1
I have not hunted with them but I was a neighbor for a number of years when I lived in Wyoming. Good hunter with good staff. He is in a great elk area next to the Parks. I'm sure you'd have a good hunt with a good chance for a big bull as anybody. I will say that they have the knowledge on how to take pics of elk bulls that their clients have killed. I've look at numerous "hero" pics and they can make a good bull appear like it was in Jurassic Park.

They’ve been taking those types of pictures since the early 90’s

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How many points do you need to get a tag?

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/01/20.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This year I got that tag with 2 points, Note not the expensive tag. The draw was only 27% with 2 points.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HShunter36
The boundary hunt will be a good one. We are booked in the Game Warden camp Oct 19-26. Hopefully you two will save some meat bulls for us to chase. If either of you have any questions on what to expect about the area or the hunt just let me know.

Eli

That's mighty kind, and I have a few questions about what to expect. What should we expect? grin

Seriously, I've been through the area once, but that was the park. How's the cover and terrain, and how do they generally hunt after the rut? Spot and stalk??

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by HShunter36

Eli

That's mighty kind, and I have a few questions about what to expect. What should we expect? grin

Seriously, I've been through the area once, but that was the park. How's the cover and terrain, and how do they generally hunt after the rut? Spot and stalk??

First thing to expect is a great hunt and time spent with your son. Only had the chance to hunt elk with my father one time and it was one I’ll always remember. We still hunt together just not in places with much elevation.

I can only speak for the cover and terrain in the pack in camps as I have never had the opportunity to hunt out of base camp. Mostly high ridges/mountains, timbered side hills and creek bottoms. I’ve hunted there one time during the rut and we spent most of the time in the timbered side hills. The other two times I hunted the last week, post rut. During this time we typically leave camp in the dark and ride until we get into elk. It’s safe to say that this hunt is done mostly off the horses. There are times you will glass from a vantage point but the majority of the times you’ll be riding. The guides know the area and elk very well. But like any hunt the weather and the hunters ability play a major role in the over all success.

Been lucky to fill my tag each time I hunted with Swift Creek. Two five points and one 6x7. Never killed a giant but had the opportunity during two hunts and things didn’t work out. One of those times I missed the shot and the other time I shot the wrong bull in the heavy timber. Lesson learned on my part.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks HS.

T
T
HS- I'd like to elk hunt with my father at swift creek outfitters and see you've had some experience there. I'm looking to purchase preference points before the deadline but am not sure what area to purchase them for in Wyoming. Can you offer some advice? Also, how did your hunt go this last time up there?

Thank you sir.

ND

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
PP are not areas specific, buy one and use it in any area application.
Deadline is Nov 2 I believe.

T
T
wytex, You're correct. Points purchased! Thanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 3,175 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.