Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Dammnn you stick. Sold some things I don’t need/use much anymore and I’m gonna put order in tomorrow I believe for a vudoo. If I order tomorrow they give 3 extra mags hat and shirt so why not

Thinking 16.5” kukri Bartlein( if they have that??) in the adjustable ridgeback stock woodland camo, straight flutes( maybe), sniper gray is how I will roll. Never used a chassis so doubt I go that way. 30 moa rail to get the most out of it. Trigger is the ? TT Diamond? What you think

Not sure scope wise what I’ll do but at first I’ll slap on the Burris s tac 3-16 just to get shooting, it’s sitting unused in the safe so why the hell not

Get some center x or something lapua/ sk on the way asap since the chamber is cut for that. Have a bunch of Norma tac and eley subsonic HP, plus cci standard and subsonic to try if need be.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Dammnn you stick. Sold some things I don’t need/use much anymore and I’m gonna put order in tomorrow I believe for a vudoo. If I order tomorrow they give 3 extra mags hat and shirt so why not

Thinking 16.5” kukri Bartlein( if they have that??) in the adjustable ridgeback stock woodland camo, straight flutes( maybe), sniper gray is how I will roll. Never used a chassis so doubt I go that way. 30 moa rail to get the most out of it. Trigger is the ? TT Diamond? What you think

Not sure scope wise what I’ll do but at first I’ll slap on the Burris s tac 3-16 just to get shooting, it’s sitting unused in the safe so why the hell not

Get some center x or something lapua/ sk on the way asap since the chamber is cut for that. Have a bunch of Norma tac and eley subsonic HP, plus cci standard and subsonic to try if need be.

Smart move...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Order placed. Thanks for persuading me to do the right thing stick. I don’t foresee me regretting anything here other than a lighter wallet for a couple weeks lol. wife said she wouldn’t divorce me for it so I’m not sleeping on the couch either!!!

Vudoo renegade with adjustable stock. Woodland camo although may go to Fosnaugh at some point for a custom paint job
Cobalt grey cerakote

Timney Calvin elite( run it on 2 other rifles so stayed with familiarity)

Barrel is 17” kukri rod iron fluted. Couldn’t help it. Looks way to good and they had one at 17” sitting there needing adoption. 17 good with me since it will have a dead air mask basically permanently attached to it

30 moa rail.

Today was last day to get 3 extra mags for a total of 4 ( also a shirt and hat but mags way more important) as part of a promotion.

3-4 weeks I’m told.

Now I have to order foam for the pelican case to make a custom case for it as I have one just sitting around without any foam in it. and order some lapua ammo or SK I guess

Scope is gonna have to be slummed with a sightron s tac until I regain my play/gun account to acceptable levels.

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Well looks like the adjustable renegade was discontinued and they emailed me to let me know they had one left in desert camo and black with grey webbing. Went desert. Can always paint/cerakote to get desired color. Oh well. No big deal

Vudoo was a pleasure to deal with ordering the rifle. They make it easy on you

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're gonna love it Kevin! My Vudoo's are my favorite rifles...and easily the ones that are shot the most.

Also, you're fairly close to me and a new NRL22 match is starting on January 4th, just outside Johnson City. I'm curious if that's the match you mentioned or if there is another one close by that I haven't heard about?

IC B2

K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
There is one at oak ridge gun club nrl22. What’s the one outside Johnson city?? I’m just down in Maryville. Couple guys I work with have a egg shoot and LR rimfire match couple times a year. They aren’t too serious but the egg shoot starts at 150 yards and goes out in 25 yard increments until it’s over. They have some nice Anschutz rifles.

Typically they shoot steel to 350/375. I wouldn’t mind competing as far as having fun but I wouldn’t have time to try and compete seriously

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You must be talking about dragon precision elite in Limestone?

Tater
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Yea I’m curious which he is talking about. Maybe 2 hour drive for me which isn’t bad at all. Unfortunately won’t have my vudoo by 1/4/20 but shouldn’t be too long as they are well known to deliver quickly and not BS build time. Which is nice for a custom rifle.

Stick and roll tide, do you have any of the extended mag releases on your vudoo rifles? Necessary?

I went timney Calvin elite. 8 ounces should be light enough for me I would imagine. My Jewell at 1lb is very light and crisp so I assume I won’t be unhappy. Thought about TT diamond but have no experience there so not sure which to roll with.

Really looking forward to the vudoo. Glad stick talked me into it

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My bud and I shot his Vudoo and compared it to his CZ 452 and the CZ gave the Vudoo a run for its money. If cost is a factor go CZ. Just my .02 worth.

MAGA! This is the way!
K
kevinJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I decided against going Cz because I would have most likely swapped barrels( lilja or shilen), went timney trigger, area 419 rail, and had to have pillar bedded to even start thinking about the accuracy I’m wanting. Ignition work may or may not be needed to get consistent accuracy. If money was a issue I would have definitely went Cz and built up over time.

could have found maybe a used DJDillon but that’s not cheap either. still would not have had a vudoo type build quality but would have been in the rifle for 1700$ or more. My Cz mags work fine but they do shave the bullet as it’s pushed into chamber I don’t truly love tinkering with rifles to get accuracy. I love shooting. The vudoo was a more sure fire way of getting that and I wasn’t in it for that much more.

I love my Cz rimfires that I have. They are accurate and have been very reliable. Just not the level I was wanting in the end.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
You must be talking about dragon precision elite in Limestone?

Yes sir!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Yea I’m curious which he is talking about. Maybe 2 hour drive for me which isn’t bad at all. Unfortunately won’t have my vudoo by 1/4/20 but shouldn’t be too long as they are well known to deliver quickly and not BS build time. Which is nice for a custom rifle.

Stick and roll tide, do you have any of the extended mag releases on your vudoo rifles? Necessary?

I went timney Calvin elite. 8 ounces should be light enough for me I would imagine. My Jewell at 1lb is very light and crisp so I assume I won’t be unhappy. Thought about TT diamond but have no experience there so not sure which to roll with.

Really looking forward to the vudoo. Glad stick talked me into it

The match is supposed to be in Limestone, but I don't know where it is.

My Ridgeback has the original magazine release, inside the trigger guard.

The JAllen one has their extended release and the All Composites one has All Composite's bottom metal, which has an extended release lever.

I prefer the original one, but all work. The All Composites model is going to get tweaked a bit though...it's tight and the magazines don't drop free.

As far as triggers go, all 3 of mine wear TriggerTech Diamonds at roughly 6 - 8 ounces...

L
L
There is a video on YT from Sep 2021. Two guys go target shooting (egg) from 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards.

One is shooting a Voodoo, the other guy has a 457 MTR.

You draw your own conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4u0hDau1XM

Last edited by Liontracks; 09/29/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's a well-done video.

I don't think a CZ is inferior in accuracy to anything out there, but I do believe you can take most quality rimfire rifles, with their chosen lot of ammo, and outshoot nearly any other rimfire that is shooting ammo it doesn't like.

At the end of the video, the Vudoo shooter is struggling to hit the targets using the CZ, so there is a lot to be said for the shooter's role as well.

The great thing about a CZ vs Bergara debate is that both rifles will shoot great...so you can choose the one that fits you the best, or has the better weight for what you're trying to accomplish.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 50 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,092
Posts18,464,055
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.