Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Al, Who closed up , Midland and F&S ?

Yup. Gates are turned off. I can understand closing the club houses and stopping organized classes and competitions but locking us out of the ranges is a little extreme. Cr@p when I go to Midland I'm the only one there and if not I'll slide over to the 600 yard and do my thing.

Exactly. My club closed up too (WWCCA).

GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Barry County ConservationClub down one Hastings isnt closed; I have a combo to the front Colgate but not a key to the clubhouse but I can shoot whenever I want.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by efw
Barry County ConservationClub down one Hastings isnt closed; I have a combo to the front Colgate but not a key to the clubhouse but I can shoot whenever I want.

That's the nice thing about smaller clubs. At one time when I was running benchrest matches at Harrison I had both the gate key and key to the range house. I let that membership lapse eight years ago. I had hoped to take the granddaughters out shooting during their vacation.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yup. Gates are turned off. I can understand closing the club houses and stopping organized classes and competitions but locking us out of the ranges is a little extreme. Cr@p when I go to Midland I'm the only one there and if not I'll slide over to the 600 yard and do my thing.

Ya I got an email the other day about their benchrest match being canceled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Heh, Western Wayne? Lotta early memories there. Me at 8 years old discover the joy of no hearing protection under that corrugated tin roof.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Heh, Western Wayne? Lotta early memories there. Me at 8 years old discover the joy of no hearing protection under that corrugated tin roof.

It's much improved now. All the parking lots are paved. I was a member and rifle chairman back in the late 90's. Then I got out of it and just rejoined last year.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just got notice that the Fruitport Club has shut down the clubhouse and all activities.
But the Outdoor Range is still open and members are to follow CDC guidelines.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

It's much improved now. All the parking lots are paved. I was a member and rifle chairman back in the late 90's. Then I got out of it and just rejoined last year.

Dad and I were members in the early 70's, but my first time there was 65-66.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 03/19/20.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Just got notice that the Fruitport Club has shut down the clubhouse and all activities.
But the Outdoor Range is still open and members are to follow CDC guidelines.

Do you belong to the Fruitport club Tim?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Turned to the dark side, eh?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J

Small world. I used to be a member there too! Shot in the rifle leagues there 100 and 200 yard. Always enjoyed the Wild Game dinner in March every year. Good times...

JD338

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

there should be a way for a man to go shooting at the range

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Charlie Foxtrot, and Kenneth maybe!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We had our lowyers (actually, only one attorney who's on my trap team) read the bleeder governor's EO pretty carefully. It pertains to clubhouse activities, not outside events where people are not in close proximity to each other; like golf courses. Her spokesman concurred. So, like golf courses, our ranges are open, the club is closed.

I spent Monday, dressed up like 3 Mile Island wannabe, cleaning out the lead in the indoor range. Pulling out 100# chunks. Got enough lead dust in/on me to ward off Chernobyl radiation.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
We had our lowyers (actually, only one attorney who's on my trap team) read the bleeder governor's EO pretty carefully. It pertains to clubhouse activities, not outside events where people are not in close proximity to each other; like golf courses. Her spokesman concurred. So, like golf courses, our ranges are open, the club is closed.

I spent Monday, dressed up like 3 Mile Island wannabe, cleaning out the lead in the indoor range. Pulling out 100# chunks. Got enough lead dust in/on me to ward off Chernobyl radiation.

Pretty much what I said on Midland's FB page. I was told that the virus can live up to 72 hours on a hard surface, shooting benches are suspect. Didn't help when MIDNR shut down all state run ranges. Fookin liberals have taken over reigns of our gun clubs.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
It's times like these that I'm glad e have my own range.
Shooting bench/window in the pole barn and AR500 gongs at 100, 200 and 250 yards.

JD338

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So we will shoot at the JD338 Range then?????

This issue is getting ugly with a geometric growth curve. Not sure that golf courses, etc won't get
zapped too shortly.

Albert Einstein

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
So we will shoot at the JD338 Range then?????

This issue is getting ugly with a geometric growth curve. Not sure that golf courses, etc won't get
zapped too shortly.

I second the motion.

Those in favor...

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
So, like golf courses, our ranges are open, the club is closed.

the way it should be

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.