24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I watched it this afternoon. It's a long 2 hours & 22 minutes. Continuous action, dialogue difficult to understand at times. If you are a CGI and special effects fan, you'll not be disappointed as that is about 95% of the movie. Plot is kinda derivative I thought. The Darth Vader character isn't as threatening as the original. Cameos by Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, (stock footage) and Harrison Ford and Billie Dee Williams looking their ages.

I had to turn the video off for a few minutes and walk around as my butt began to get very tired. Just my opinion but I think the series has about reached a point where it is time to put it to bed and close the curtains.

I imagine the kids will like it very much.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought that the plot was a little hard to follow. I agree that they've about squeezed all of the juice out of it, but as long as it continues to sell, they'll keep making them and squeezing money from people who like the series. There must be some symbolism in the ending, but if so, it was lost on me.

The first Star Wars movie came out a week or so after I graduated from college. Life moved at a slower pace, no PCs, no cell phones, no internet, no WiFi, kinda makes a person feel old.

Carrie Fisher was a little younger than me when she passed. If looks are any indication, she looks like she lived a hard life.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The "plot" - if you can call it a plot - was a rehash of previous plots, including bringing back a dead bad guy. The plot is pretty weak when you have to depend on the ghosts of dead characters to move the story along.

As others have said, Rey is an inauthentic hero as she did not go through the hero's journey of failure before ultimate triumph. There's a lot of PC nonsense in this one. I had to watch it as an action movie - forget plot, just enjoy all the CGI.

The half hour of trailers featured other women heroes - Black Widow and Mulan. More PC nonsense.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I fell asleep, spendy nap!

Last edited by kk alaska; 01/03/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This movie absolutely, positively, fugking sucks.

There are no caveats. It fugking sucks. It is horrid. It embodies everything that is retarded in 2019.

If one of my kids told me they liked it, I would slap the schit out of them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Star Wars jumped the shark when George Lucas had the Stormtroopers fighting teddy bears, 35 years ago.

Hasn't been worth a damn since.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Return of the Jedi was a great movie and they did a good job of wrapping up the saga.

The prequels were good if you wanted to know the whole story.

The latest trilogy started off intriguing, and then the wheels completely spun off the axle.

This last one was abysmal. Not only did the plot make no sense it was all punctuated with SJW bullschit.

Clark and Dave give it two thumbs down.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It wasn’t very good, slow!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
661 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.