Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Phasmid Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I like CCI CB longs and Quiet 22 LR for plinking on my backyard range. So I picked up a box of the new CCI Quiet-22 Semi-Auto to try. It is as accurate as any ammo I have ever shot in my old Marlin 780 which is actually pretty good with most any ammo. Dime size 5 shot groups at 25 yards. The only semi-auto I have is a ruger 22/45 and to my surprise it did cycle its action reliably. My 22/45 doesn't do that with regular standard velocity LR ammo like Tac-22. However, I don't think it is hearing safe in an unsuppresed pistol but out a rifle it is very quiet. If you see some on sale give it a try. I an going to get more for my old Marlin.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've been wanting to give that and the CCI suppressor ammo (45gr HP) a whirl. Thanks

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have 3 bricks+ of the original from when it first came out. Paid about $2.25 a box as I recall. Where it works, it's good stuff. Haven't seen the semi-auto version.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/01/19.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It's been hit or miss at midway, but finally scored a brick of it. had a couple single boxes from a few months back,cycled in an old win 74.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also picked up a couple of boxes to try... The 'Semi-Auto Quiet' ammo has a 45 grain bullet whereas the original 'Quiet' ammo has a 40 grain bullet.

I have only shot this for function so far;

*Out of my 10-22 it cycled fine.

*Out of my 22/45 I had one failure to feed in ten rounds, so will have to try it some more.

It is definitely NOT hearing safe out of a pistol and I feel it is not out of a 16 inch barrelled rifle either (20 plus inches and it is very quiet).

If I lived in a state where suppressors were not allowed this would probably be my go to ammo for plinking.

I have shot over a case of the original 40 grain 'Quiet' ammo and it is 'OK' accuracy-wise, I had two rifles sighted in with it and would shoot eggs offhand at 50 yards reasonably well (the main issue in this game is the Rifleman), but CCI Standard Velocity is quite a bit better regarding accuracy and in a 24 inch or longer barrel is hearing safe or very nearly so.

I would bet that once the stocks of the original 40 grain CCI Quiet ammo are gone that they will discontinue it in favor of the 45 grain Semi-Auto Quiet ammo.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oddly enough the CCI CB longs are quite accurate out of my Marlin bolt action {nickel size 5 shot groups at 30 yards} but the 40 gr. quiets don't shoot worth a damn out of any of my .22's. I'll probably stick to high velocity hp's out of my semi's and just keep using the CB's out of my bolt action when I want low noise plinking and pest control.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like the Subsonic version with the segmented bullets, they do a real job on raccoons. One and done. I have searched high and low locally for the segmented Quiet version, but they're more rare than an honest politician around here. It's not worth ordering online for the quantity I might use from year to year. I'll just use the Subsonics for now, I can find THEM. The Quiet 40 grain load isn't much count in my book, I've shot coons dead square between the eyes and had them live for another five minutes. CCI Short HPs work better than the 40 gr. Quiet.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I've been wanting to give that and the CCI suppressor ammo (45gr HP) a whirl. Thanks

I like the concept, but I didn't have very good results with the CCI Suppressor. However, I only shot it out of one gun so far, a Marlin M-60. I have a TCR-22 on my list of guns to buy, and I'm curious if the slightly faster rifling twist will make a difference. It is fairly quiet out of a longer barrel.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Phasmid: Thanks for the heads up - I have a use for something like this.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For out the back door I've been using the standard stuff in my 10-22, just manual cycle the action. Will have to give the quiet version a try.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
IC B3

C
C
I’ve an old Westernfield I bought as my 1st gun back in 1969 from Wards. It’s a bolt action tube feed. I shoot the CCI Quiet ammo and it’s quieter than my Whisper 22 caliber pellet gun. It’s accurate at 25 yards and works great for getting rid of pack rats and ground squirrels. It runs fairly clean for 22 ammo.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have used winchester CB for my quiet shooiting at squirrels. Ok out to 20yds but the killing power really drops off after that, and accuracy is not too good either. Was pleasantly surprised with the quiet 40g as far as accuracy goes, and even more surprised with the killing power of the segmented quiet. I need to stock up as anything that works really well is bound to change. I see they have already gone to a 45g bullet for semi's, I doubt they market both for very long. I am using a 28" bbl CZ 452 with a Weaver V16 which is BB gun quiet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crsides
Was pleasantly surprised with the quiet 40g as far as accuracy goes, and even more surprised with the killing power of the segmented quiet.... I see they have already gone to a 45g bullet for semi's, I doubt they market both for very long. I am using a 28" bbl CZ 452 with a Weaver V16 which is BB gun quiet.

I originally had two cases of CCI Quiet, so when CCI came out with the Quiet "Segmented", I gave it a try in the rifles I had sighted in for CCI Quiets, and was disappointed that it did not shoot to the same Point of Impact as the original Quiets... significantly different POI.

crsides; I'd bet that the semi-auto version is going to win this race.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
cci quiet ammo is nice out of a 5.5” ruger single six but i don’t notice much quiet out of shorter barrels.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Quiet and accurate out of a Ruger American rifle. Not great on Coons. Will look for the segmented rounds mentioned.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have used winchester CB for my quiet shooiting at squirrels. Ok out to 20yds but the killing power really drops off after that, and accuracy is not too good either. Was pleasantly surprised with the quiet 40g as far as accuracy goes, and even more surprised with the killing power of the segmented quiet. I need to stock up as anything that works really well is bound to change. I see they have already gone to a 45g bullet for semi's, I doubt they market both for very long. I am using a 28" bbl CZ 452 with a Weaver V16 which is BB gun quiet.

There's a YouTuber, USOG, that does a lot of videos on .22s. He has a 28" 455 that he shoots Quiets in. Says they "take care of whatever needs taking care of" on his property, and about as quiet as suppressed. His videos are very interesting as he's got a LOT of nice guns, and you never know what he's going to have on the table along with the one under discussion.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

There's a YouTuber, USOG, that does a lot of videos on .22s. He has a 28" 455 that he shoots Quiets in. Says they "take care of whatever needs taking care of" on his property, and about as quiet as suppressed. His videos are very interesting as he's got a LOT of nice guns, and you never know what he's going to have on the table along with the one under discussion.

Might that be .22 Plinkster?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Quiet ammo really shines with the 20"+ 22's like the tube fed, bolt action Marlin.

Shooting them next to a suppressor, you can't tell the difference.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Might that be .22 Plinkster?

No, USOG.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I saw someone mention the tcr22 above, I tried the semi auto quiet out of one, pretty dang loud but cycled great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (260Remguy, 44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.