OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Hey All...Colt.com - shows the python back....4" stainless - $1499.00

Pete

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I searched for Colt Python 2020 on youtube and found some videos out already and at least one review on line. They did redesign the trigger, the talking points are all about how the old one was "inconsistent" due to the differences in hand fitting whereas the new one has fewer parts that are all CNC machined and then the revolver is "hand finished".

Colt's official video. If you partied last night turn the speakers down since it starts with some loud music.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hackathorn says the double action trigger on the new one is noticeably better than the originals.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I searched for Colt Python 2020 on youtube and found some videos out already and at least one review on line. They did redesign the trigger, the talking points are all about how the old one was "inconsistent" due to the differences in hand fitting whereas the new one has fewer parts that are all CNC machined and then the revolver is "hand finished".

Colt's official video. If you partied last night turn the speakers down since it starts with some loud music.

Good lord, CP had one of if not the best factory trigger available.

Kudos to colt for bringing them back though. Hopefully QC is top notch.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hackathorn says the double action trigger on the new one is noticeably better than the originals.

How?! Its just a sample of 2, but imo/e you cant get "noticeably" better.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

How?! Its just a sample of 2, but imo/e you cant get "noticeably" better.

Ken said the action is very smooth and no stacking in double action mode.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wow....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-82 S&W Model 19/66.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want one.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-83 S&W Model 19/66.

Since the new Python is not teally a Python (the clockwork is different as well as frame) I don't think they will drive the price down on an original python

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
Might take a deep bite into people who have been accumulating Pythons as investments, particularly considering the prices they have been going for. Glad I sold my last Python for $1,800.00 a few years ago. Not quite the top of the market, but not too far off either. I doubt they're going higher now, and will likely come down quite a bit, perhaps to just above the price of a nice pre-83 S&W Model 19/66.

Since the new Python is not teally a Python (the clockwork is different as well as frame) I don't think they will drive the price down on an original python

It will a little. It will at least halt the rise in their prices. A real gun aficionado might focus almost exclusively on the lockwork, but many who are attracted to the Python are after its iconic appearance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

It will a little. It will at least halt the rise in their prices. A real gun aficionado might focus almost exclusively on the lockwork, but many who are attracted to the Python are after its iconic appearance.

I would agree with that. Personally, I think Colt is killing it. Unless something turns out to be VERY wrong with this new Python, I'd say Colt is sitting in a very good position in the DA revolver market.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,035
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.